Ladies Short - Start Order | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short - Start Order

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Yu-Na won't retire if she loses to Mao... Let's just hope Mao skates clean!! I think it might push her to prevent Mao from winning 2014 lol

Nadia01

Final Flight
She gained 2kg according to the media!! They said it might affect her jumps but I guess not!! She's like 50kg I'm guessing now!!! She was 48kg in Vancouver!

I think she lost it back b/c she said she gained 2kg after Oly but had to control her weight to be back in competition shape or whatever.

The poor girl said she wants to eat pizza... T.T

Daniel5555

On the Ice
pokky_oc
She gained 2kg according to the media!! They said it might affect her jumps but I guess not!! She's like 50kg I'm guessing now!!! She was 48kg in Vancouver!
And who are you talking about!! I heard Mao Asada gained some weight, but she lost it then!! And how media can know how much she gained whoever she is!!! What a ridiculous post anyway!

Not seriously, how irrelevant this is...

Edited: ups, sorry, I misunderstood you. It was pretty clear you talked about Mao.

Last edited:

Nadia01

Final Flight
ok just two things to ask, first of all can somenone explain me MAo's score, was her axel Ur or something?? I missed something else?? Then the downroad began, by far the worst event i ve attended, we were all discussing that this is the revenge to the good Olys. And Yuna, people went shocked, ok she missed spin, spiral, wonky one landing, but isnt her score down enough??
Mirai thanx god was the sunshine in the rain, adorable, cute, graceful, just bravo!
the rest later, we run for ice dance! Dont wait much I only like young italians, fabian/natalie and kers,i m just going for fun now!

Mao got UR on her 3A.

dlgpffps

Final Flight

Nope, I checked (because I like to fret about skaters). She lost that weight in no time and spent every day except one after the Olympics to train her butt off. She wants to eat pizza once this competition is over... that just sounds sad. Pizza's so yummy, you know:cry:

Wait, are you saying 50 kg is fat or too skinny? Isn't that too skinny? By Asian standards, is that skinny?

Nadia01

Final Flight
pokky_oc

And who are you talking about!! I heard Mao Asada gained some weight, but she lost it then!! And how media can know how much she gained whoever she is!!! What a ridiculous post anyway!

Not seriously, how irrelevant this is...

He's talking about Mao.

It's not some big secret that Mao has to stay super thin to rotate her triples, esp. 3As. :-(

Nadia01

Final Flight
Nope, I checked (because I like to fret about skaters). She lost that weight in no time and spent every day except one after the Olympics to train her butt off. She wants to eat pizza once this competition is over... that just sounds sad. Pizza's so yummy, you know:cry:

Wait, are you saying 50 kg is fat or too skinny? Isn't that too skinny? By Asian standards, is that skinny?

1kg is about 2.2 lbs for those who need the conversion.

Of course its' SKINNY! LOL.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I disappeared after the second last group, because being on here at the same time was making my feed freeze. I missed Rachael because of it. :(

Crazy, Yu-Na in 7th and Akiko in 17th. Miki far back from the top is also a surprise. I'm happy for Cynthia Phaneuf though, hopefully she can stay in the top 10 and get Canada 2 spots for next year. It would be horrible if we only get one. And yay Mirai!!

Daniel5555

On the Ice
Nadia01
He's talking about Mao.
I know now, I just ignored the fact that his post was below another post about Mao.
Have to say sorry to him and I edited my initial post.

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I like Mirai and I hope she does well. But I would have to say my sentimental favorite here is Mao. She was a viable contender for Olympic gold back in 2006, if not for her age. She was crying as she came off the ice in Vancouver. Well .......... we'll see what happens.

Moxie

On the Ice
Ack. I can't bring myself to watch.
Not too surprised at the sound of Yuna's performance. She's 1. Just coming off an OGM with 2. a cold and 3. It's high pressure when every time the world expects you to post a record-breaking score 4. she has to defend her title here.

But happy about Mirai's high score. Weird about Miki and Akiko:cry:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
No 2 spots for Canada in women's skating :(......Myriane looked nervous right from the get-go. She is another headcase.....good bones but can't get it together.

Yes, unfortunately many Canadian women have struggled with their mental focus over the years. I remember this used to be a big problem for Annie Bellemare as well.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow. I NEVER would have expected Yuna to not even make the final group here, let alone not be in the top 3! If anyone can make up point deficits though it's her.

I'm really glad Nagasu did as well as she did. But I NEVER would have guessed she'd be the leader! :eek: Too bad for Rachel but still, things are looking up as far as getting back that third ladies' spot for the US.

Question is, can Mirai score her first World medal here? What a way that would be to end a breakout season.

Last edited:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Is it possible that Kim will not skate the long program. There was some question about her even doing worlds and now to be in 6th and possibly lower! If she is out of the final group I would not be surprised to see her drop out.

That would be very unprofessional.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Fear not Yuna fans. I don't see Kim missing the podium (unless she's injured). it's 10 pts between her and 1st. How many points did she win Olys by again???

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Okay so here's my thinking, Yuna is 10 points behind the leader but she can make it up. So say Mirai has a repeat of Vancouver and gets 126, then if Yuna gets 137 (which is totally doable) she beats Mirai and Mao assuming Mao gets 130 like at the Olympics. I tend to feel like if Yuna goes clean the judges won't give Mirai as high of a score, and maybe not even Mao. Plus if Mao gets UR for her triples axels or falls on one of them, that will hurt her score a lot. In junior worlds 2005 Yuna had a very bad fall on a triple loop and was down in like 6th or 7th place and then skated a great LP and won the silver medal. I have no doubt Yuna will be on the podium, because if you look at the people who placed ahead of her:

Mirai
Mao
Laura
Carolina
Ksenia
Rachael

Only Mirai and Mao have a substantial lead to her, the rest of the girls are less than 5 points ahead, most of them 0-2 points ahead, and will likely not earn that many points in the LP. I really don't see Yuna being any lower than 3rd unless she has a meltdown, which I don't see happening.