MENS LP and the Results | Page 3 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

TCAngel18

Medalist
What's with it with competitions held in Europe? First the Euros now this with the skate fetish? Seriously, I will be mad if they focus more on Adam's (or Daisuke's or Jeremy's... heck any good looking male skater's) skates than his actual skating. They rather put his skates instead of Adam "Ripponing" his lutz. Thank goodness Italian TV reaired that with the actual jump.

After 1 flight...
1) Chinese Dude
2) Ryan :cry:
3) Dude skating to Requiem
4) D-10's teammate
5) Jamal
6) Finnish guy who didn't reach the 24 at the Olympics

LOVE the Rippon lutz...welll, im in love with adam anyways lol, i cant wait till the back to back tano/rippon lutzes in the long!!!!!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Daisuke FTW :agree: I say P.Chiddy and Mao's future hubby rounding the Top 3. US will keep their 3 spots!

Oh and Javi will crack the Top 12! :love:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
What's with it with competitions held in Europe? First the Euros now this with the skate fetish? Seriously, I will be mad if they focus more on Adam's (or Daisuke's or Jeremy's... heck any good looking male skater's) skates than his actual skating. They rather put his skates instead of Adam "Ripponing" his lutz. Thank goodness Italian TV reaired that with the actual jump.

After 1 flight...
1) Chinese Dude
2) Ryan :cry:
3) Dude skating to Requiem
4) D-10's teammate
5) Jamal
6) Finnish guy who didn't reach the 24 at the Olympics

Did people really think Ryan was that bad? I mean, yeah the performance was off, but he did almost all of his jumps and only fell once, for Ryan, that's pretty good, and for injured Ryan, I was really surprised. Judging from the scores the other guys in this group have gotten, Ryan's score is actually pretty good.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Did people really think Ryan was that bad? I mean, yeah the performance was off, but he did almost all of his jumps and only fell once, for Ryan, that's pretty good, and for injured Ryan, I was really surprised. Judging from the scores the other guys in this group have gotten, Ryan's score is actually pretty good.

He did good but I feel his pain with the broken bone on his foot. That's why the crying face.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Im happy Kazakov had a great skate for him. Hes soo yummy . And very happy for Ari-Pekka finally making the LP after all these years, thanks to Nobu and Artem misfortunes of course but still, it will be a nice way to end his career.

Dissapointing for Bradley though hardly in the top 20.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Aboout the Finnish guy who didn't reach the 24 at the Olympics (and never before in the worlds, if I remember): Finland should send young people to get experience, if there is need to send someone that level..well he did get in the top 24 at once, because of couple of unlucky skaters. Ari-Pekka is a nice guy, but he has not developed at all.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Im happy Kazakov had a great skate for him. Hes soo yummy . And very happy for Ari-Pekka finally making the LP after all these years, thanks to Nobu and Artem misfortunes of course but still, it will be a nice way to end his career.

Dissapointing for Bradley though hardly in the top 20.

Bradley could potentially beat Pfeiffer, Kim, and Kovaleski who are not very strong skaters, and if he does, he'll finish 16th.

ARipp42014

Medalist
They're showing Ryan's LP highlights again! :) (that's for those who are watching on us.com)

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Bradley could potentially beat Pfeiffer, Kim, and Kovaleski who are not very strong skaters, and if he does, he'll finish 16th.

It will still be a dissapointing place for him, not much higher and below his previous appearance (15th at 2007).

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
We are seeing more guys coming out of junior rank with solid 3A and nice package. So basically a splat in one or two jumps pretty much drop u like 10 places, esp if you don't have PCS cushion like the top guns.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Kevin up next! Maybe he can move into the top 10, and if Patrick stays where he is, Canada will have 3 spots for next year. :)

Well, close for the 10th place, which I guess was/is the goal for these five:

10 Kevin Vdp 73.55
11 Sergei 73.42
12 Adrian 72.35
13 Javier 71.65
14 Kevin R 71.20

ETA: and of course Amodio 68.31 wants and probably will be in the top ten :)

Anyone knows where to find the "trick list" ?

Last edited:

ARipp42014

Medalist
10 more minutes until Group 2 is on the ice!

On deck:
K-Rey
Male Yuna
Lil Flo
Cutsey Viktor
Kovy
Javy :love:

hongligl: to get 2 spots, if there's 2 skaters, their added placements are above 13, if 1 skater, I think making the Top 10 is enough for 2 spots but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Somebody pls explain, what's the math for a country to get two spots? Thanks

If there's only one skater competing, he needs to finish in the top 10.
If there are two competing, their placements should add between 14 and 28. If they are 13 or below that they get 3 spots.

Note : All skaters that made the LP but finish 16th or worse, receive 16 points regardless.
All skaters that didnt reach the LP receive 18 pts.