MENS LP and the Results | Page 27 | Golden Skate

MENS LP and the Results

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
Yes there should not be so much hate for Chan. .

We'll see who will laugh in the end?
What I'd like to see in the next few years is for Chan to bomb, get injuried, finally skate a clean program but get abandoned by judges... That's going to be the ultimate revenge.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
What I'd like to see in the next few years is for Chan to bomb, get injuried, finally skate a clean program but get abandoned by judges... That's going to be the ultimate revenge.

It's like PChiddy physically assaulted you or something. Geez. Pile on hate for the guy, won'tcha?

Last edited:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Interesting that 7 (Sammy) to 12 (Javi) were separated by 3 points. Michal (4th) to Adam (6th) is less than 6 points.

It was a really great competition and skaters from group 2 and 3 really put up great skates after another. The final group was a dissapointment aside from Dai and mini Jeff!!! Splat after another and very tentative skating!!

Hopefully the ladies put up fire power like they did @ Olympics!!

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yeah! I just hope he can do great when in his home country, because it seems the skating at home can either get to you (Yu-Na at 2008 GPF) or buoy you up (Scott/Moir at Olys).

japan must be going beserk right now :biggrin:

this is so great for Japanese men's skating.

so much for talk of a Japanese sweep though! Poor Oda....:cry:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Delighted for Takahashi, he really deserved his win. Not Jouberts biggest fan, good that he came back from his Olympic disaster but apart from the jumps there is not a lot else. Surprised than Chan bet him on TES but he was right behind Chan on PCS. Was really hoping Kozuka would deliver but sadly he was a bit off tonight.

Highlights for me were Takahashi, Brezina, Rippon and KVDPs 4-3-3. I would have had Brezina on the podium. Didn't see their performance but disappointing results for Ten and Voronov (I wonder how the Russian Fed will take this). Not sure I am overly impressed with the judging in any discipline so far.

DivaDes

Rinkside
LOL @ all the Chan hating. Pathetic, bitter, but so hilarious. If you do not like Chan skating, you are pretty much saying you do not like figure skating. But please do not stop, it is always a fun read.

The guy is awesome on the ice and he is honest in his interviews. Well done Chan and Taka. Too bad 3rd and 4th place were not switched.

It is funny!! The same people who say that Brian should have been ahead of Patrick because of the quad also say that Brezina should have been ahead. LOOK AT THE PROTOCOLS!! Patrick did 2 triple axels, 2 triple lutzs and a triple flip/triple toe and Brezina did 2 triple axels, 2 triple flips, no triple/triples and did 2 double axels. The Base Values were 74.70 for Chan vs 69.21 for Brezina. It's called working the system. Patrick does more triples and therefore get more points to start with. Learn and love the system!!

figuristka

Medalist

Sorry don't get why your saying who will laugh in the end.Seemed quite mean spirited. People keep pointing out Chan is favoured in Canada , its not that way, he is just appreciated by the judges for his fine quality on the ice. Yes he made mistakes but so did Joubert, and well for Brezina, iam pleased to see him skating well but he has to improve his choreography, and spins.

BigJohn

On the Ice

Sure
That is a brilliant thing to say.
For what reason the revenge part? Does not make any sense whatsoever.
U need medication.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
come to think of it Brain has been a long time since 2004. World title, 3 silvers, 2 bronze and euro crowns!! Not too bad! Too bad he couldn't pull off what he needed at both Olympics!!

At least he redeemed both his O dissaster!!

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
It's like PChiddy physically assaulted you or something. Geez. Pile on hate for the guy, won'tcha?

He's cancer. I have no doubt in the end he'll have a tragic ending career wise. This is a fair society. In the end, it's those who work hard will win, not those cheaters like Chan.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Delighted for Takahashi, he really deserved his win. Not Jouberts biggest fan, good that he came back from his Olympic disaster but apart from the jumps there is not a lot else. Surprised than Chan bet him on TES but he was right behind Chan on PCS. Was really hoping Kozuka would deliver but sadly he was a bit off tonight.

Highlights for me were Takahashi, Brezina, Rippon and KVDPs 4-3-3. I would have had Brezina on the podium. Didn't see their performance but disappointing results for Ten and Voronov (I wonder how the Russian Fed will take this). Not sure I am overly impressed with the judging in any discipline so far.

More than a bit, that was a few mistakes shy of a complete disaster! Still love him though :love:, he is adorable and elegant. Just for the record I thought Czech Buttle was better than Chan tonight, but I guess he is not the chosen one :rolleye:

Last edited:
As a complete competition, it was one of the best because so many were capable of being on the podium.

In addition to a most deserving Takahashi, the standouts were the music men Patrik Chan who I think has more flow on that ice than anyone else, and Michal Brezina whom I will have to stop saying he's an up and coming skater. He is already tops.

I don't know who selected Brian's music, but no one could do that piece justice - maybe Kwan. Brian could have won that comp with anyone of his show routines.

One of my old selections for greatness, Adam Rippon did quite well despite that scary first 3A. The haunting of inconsistency continues with Jeremy Abbott.

Reynolds wuzrobbed, it's time for Kozuka to show a little more pizzaz.

My new list of skaters to watch for the next couple of years: Javier Fernandez, Florent Amodio, and Kovaleski (can never remember his first name)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
He's cancer. I have no doubt in the end he'll have a tragic ending career wise. This is a fair society. In the end, it's those who work hard will win, not those cheaters like Chan.

Oh. I get it. he stole your crayons in kindergarten.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get new ones.

figuristka

Medalist
It is funny!! The same people who say that Brian should have been ahead of Patrick because of the quad also say that Brezina should have been ahead. LOOK AT THE PROTOCOLS!! Patrick did 2 triple axels, 2 triple lutzs and a triple flip/triple toe and Brezina did 2 triple axels, 2 triple flips, no triple/triples and did 2 double axels. The Base Values were 74.70 for Chan vs 69.21 for Brezina. It's called working the system. Patrick does more triples and therefore get more points to start with. Learn and love the system!!

Good post :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
WOW KVP got 19 points for his 4/3/3
yep, and in 8th place; two spots for Belgium next worlds and who will they be :scratch:

Or rather, what does it mean for some other nations? I can't figure that out right now.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker

I sincerely hope you are banned from this site. I have been a member of GS for years and even when arguements get nasty and personal, I've never seen such a disgusting and replusive post from one of our members. You should be ashamed of yourself. We all have skaters we dig and those we don't but that above is out of line and offensive.

I will be glad when this season is finally over and the trouble makers go back into their holes. Morons.

ranjake

Final Flight
I'm not a hater of Patrick at all. He just seemed extremely off today to me. I found it to be a very disjointed performance. I'm not trying to diss his hardcore fans. It's just that I DO think he has the ability to be far better than he was today. I don't think he's a cheater, the marks aren't his fault. I do worry that he will become complacent and not fix his flaws if he gets the marks he got today for future highly flawed programs.

Rippon! Such a treat to see a skater like this! I hope he keeps it up!

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist

Its obvious you neither skated, or have knowledge about his skating. As if you know he does not work hard. Think we should just ignore your remarks.

DivaDes

Rinkside
I sincerely hope you are banned from this site. I have been a member of GS for years and even when arguements get nasty and personal, I've never seen such a disgusting and replusive post from one of our members. You should be ashamed of yourself. We all have skaters we dig and those we don't but that above is out of line and offensive.

I will be glad when this season is finally over and the trouble makers go back into their holes. Morons.

{applause}
Thank you for your post!!