Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Free Dance

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wow I thought they would crack 100 but enough for 3rd with the Kerrs left to go. I admit Nat & Fab were better technically but still happy with the result.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Well, I think the results are in.
Congrats to Olympic and World champs Tessa and Scott. They are amazing.
And to Meryl and Charlie on that phenomenal FD.
And last to Federica and Massimo on a great Worlds on their home ice.

I think I liked this performance of Phantom the best, but then V/M come along and take me onto some ethereal plane again.

IOW, as I said elsewhere - what a privilege to be alive and a skate fan in the time of V/M & D/W. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen the Worlds skates yet, but I completely agree with your last statement on the strength of the Olympics performances. This is an amazing time to be watching ice dancing--and men's skating--and ladies' skating. Three out of four isn't bad for a skating fan! (I think there are some good pairs out there, but as a whole, pairs are kind of in a fallow period. No problem...some grand pair is training even now on an obscure rink and will be out in the spotlight sometime soon!)

piano18

Rinkside
Davis and White skated FLAT in some areas of the program while Virtue and Moir were tentative. Evens out. Would NOT have the Americans anywhere near 56 in PCS. Should be about 54. but well American judge on the panel, what can u expect? :eek:hwell:

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Davis and White skated FLAT in some areas of the program while Virtue and Moir were tentative. Evens out. Would NOT have the Americans anywhere near 56 in PCS. Should be about 54. but well American judge on the panel, what can u expect? :eek:hwell:

Well, obviously you think that. You're Canadian. What can you expect?

ARipp42014

Medalist
Good from the Kerrs but sloppy at times. Prefer how they skated in Vancouver.

Most likely a 5th place finish but even that, they should be proud of themselves!

Sus

Rinkside
Loved Virtue and Moir. IMO their artistry sets them apart from the rest of the field, even with Scott's mistake.
I'd put the Kerrs third... but whatever. Anyone knows if they are retiring after this worlds?

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Good judging in the free dance. I believe that it was correct to have the americans first and the french 3rd. USA has 3 spots next year!

Wicked

Final Flight
If you ever get the chance to see the Kerrs live, do. I saw them do their Johnny Cash OD at an exhibition and they are just made of win.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
The politiking of this sport disgusts me, first Chan, now the Kerrs are ROBBED of the bronze because the Italians are Speedy's pet and the French robb too many elbows and their hands in too many pockets. No wonder the sport is going down the toliet.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
OK, I'm at the point I think Tanith should admit on TV that she has some personal interest in one of the top two teams. JW calling White "Charles." Around the rink I've heard his friends call him Chuckles. ;)

ARipp42014

Medalist
Good judging in the free dance. I believe that it was correct to have the americans first and the french 3rd. USA has 3 spots next year!

3 for US and Canada!

Tonite's full of win for everybody in the Top 10! Merlie won the FD, Voir won a WC, F/S won a medal on home ice, P/B skated their best, Kerrs finished in the Top 5, Zaretskys and H/Z finished in the Top 10, and the baby teams (Russia, US, Canada) are knocking on the door, finishing 7th, 8th, and 9th. Heck even kudos to Anna & Luca to keep on going after the mistake.