We can now call her Dr. Kwan | Golden Skate

We can now call her Dr. Kwan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That is great news. Congratulations Michelle. She will not only be known as the Kween but also as
Dr. Kwan.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Congratulations Dr Kwan. :clap:

If the Doctor is available for house calls I would like to make an appointment ASAP! ;)

kyla2

Final Flight
No, Michelle is not entitled to use the word "Doctor." The degree is honorary and people who are given honorary doctorates do not use the title of "Doctor." That would be incorrect and very bad form. Michelle would never do that. Someday I can see her earning the real thing (Doctorate). Congratulations to her for the honorary one in the meantime.

Ren

On the Ice
Congratulations, Dr. Michelle Kwan! I hope you continue to be successful in your endeavors!

Bennett

Record Breaker
No, Michelle is not entitled to use the word "Doctor." The degree is honorary and people who are given honorary doctorates do not use the title of "Doctor." That would be incorrect and very bad form. Michelle would never do that. Someday I can see her earning the real thing (Doctorate). Congratulations to her for the honorary one in the meantime.
Sounds sensible to me.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Of course you are right. But I don't think it is bad form in having a little fun and calling Michelle
"Doctor".

Wicked

Final Flight
My partner is a Ph.D and no, you can't call yourself "Doctor" on an honorary doctorate. However, I will now think of Michelle as "Doctor Kween!"

How delightful! And yes, I imagine that someday she will get her real Ph.D., earned by her own toil. She seems like that kind of person. Until then, Kween will be enough of a title for her. After all, she's the one and only in that department.