• SS

Votes: 43 41.0%
  • PT

Votes: 62 59.0%

• Total voters

zizi

Rinkside
Who should have won Pairs'LP?

I think SS shuold have won Pairs'LP, rather than PT!PT are overmarked!

Last edited:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I would have placed Aliona and Robin in 1st in the LP too! :agree:

Mmm both are not that far apart!! Almost neck to neck, P/T only have one point advantage over S/S. It's not like over 5 or 6 points or something. Both team made mistake with their side by side jump too. Even if S/S is 1st by 1 or 2 points, P/T will still won!!

Other wise, why bother putting short program!!!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh, S&S totally - no dispute! Their performance made me cry, it was beautiful. :love:

CPWest

Rinkside
technically close. as to presentation, it depends on one's mood. i was touched by SS's LP but at the same time was excited by PT's performances. anyway, PT well deserved the gold.

oleada

Record Breaker
S/S for sure. Both pairs had similar mistakes, but S/S are better skaters, have better posture and extension and unison and their program was much more difficult.

riardo

Rinkside
So when was the last time we had World Champion without a single triple jump done in Long Program???
That's say a lot about current state of this sport:(

enlight78

Medalist
So when was the last time we had World Champion without a single triple jump done in Long Program???

not if you actually watch the competition of followed the season

aftertherain

Record Breaker

The last time I checked, a throw triple twist, throw triple salchow, and a throw triple loop were considered triples.

By the way, just because they messed up on their triple toes at worlds doesn't mean they don't have a sbs triple. Just check the Olympic records. Next time, troll harder, yeah?

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I don't think it's trolling for someone to point out that it's unusual for the winning pair not to have done a SBS triple jump.

yqs100

On the Ice
I think SS shuold have won Pairs'LP, rather than PT!PT are overmarked!

Noticed your comments long time ago, seems like you are quite critical to the chinese skaters.

SS need some "clean" performance to earn more points. And Im sick of their sort of "Soundtrack" performance,.,,,,hope they dont skate to another "soundtrack" again next season

CPWest

Rinkside
Noticed your comments long time ago, seems like you are quite critical to the chinese skaters.

SS need some "clean" performance to earn more points. And Im sick of their sort of "Soundtrack" performance,.,,,,hope they dont skate to another "soundtrack" again next season

yes, it seems SS are not up to expressing classical music; that's why they changed their program in the middle of the season.

yqs100

On the Ice
S/S for sure. Both pairs had similar mistakes, but S/S are better skaters, have better posture and extension and unison and their program was much more difficult.

much more difficult? in terms of what?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love both teams, but I was really happy for Pang & Tong to win this one (and to win the silver medal at the Olympics). They have been overlooked (sometimes referred to as "the forgotten" Chinese pair). I can't comment on the technical aspects of the two programs, but I think both teams are great!