Ladies - LP | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

silverlining

Rinkside
Let's look on the bright side.
Yuna now has the only color that had been missing from her collection of Worlds medals.
Can't believe I might have just seen Yuna's last performance in competitive skating.

Congrats to Mao and the rest of the girls.
This must have been a very difficult competition for everyone.
I think ISU should seriously consider getting rid of the Worlds in Olympic years.

janetfan

Match Penalty
:rolleye: Tara said she could have competed with these ladies and that they need to learn how to handle pressure. Lipinski seems to be taking pages from Jamie Sale's book of putting your foot in your mouth. The ego has landed!

I think you need to take your very big foot out of your mouth. Like you know more than Tara :laugh:

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I feel so bad for Mirai. It was sad when she dropped her head down after seeing the scores.

I am happy for Mao winning, and glad Yu-Na got the silver.

alex2155

Spectator
i don't understand how last year everyone blamed alissa and now oh its ok. whats up with that.

Well...I don't think its ok...but last year it was a BIG deal because it was the first time USA has only had 2 skaters in a LONG time and it was going into an Olympics year. I think the fact that USA would only have 2 at the olympics was why it was such a big deal. Going into next year its only 2 skaters for worlds and of course it is disappointing, but at least its only for worlds and not olympics and worlds

miki88

Medalist
Ok. I really need to see the protocals. Was it only a DG on the axel for Mao? Why did her PCS score go down so much from Olympics where she didn't do as well? :confused: Sigh...Mao is really getting screwed for her programs rather than ability. I am really happy that she won in the end though. Poor Mirai. :cry:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Well, at least Mao ends this troublesome season with another world championship. Wait, what did you say? She has TWO World Championships? And Yu-Na has one? Yu-Na better stay on for one more season!

YES! Probably not a good reason to stay another year, but if that's what floats her boat, sure, why not? Stay even if it's to emerge victorious in your epic rivalry with Mao. I just can't get enough of it (and you).

Nadia01

Final Flight
:rolleye: Tara said she could have competed with these ladies and that they need to learn how to handle pressure. Lipinski seems to be taking pages from Jamie Sale's book of putting your foot in your mouth. The ego has landed!

Ridiculous.

Tara had NO PRESSURE when she won her OGM. ***?!

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
Awwwww... Laura's getting teary on the podium. I don't think her skate deserved the medal, but she is a deserving skater. Congrats to her.

nicole_lee

Spectator
In my opinion,
The LP score for Kim is a big joke.
Mao clearly should have been first in the LP.
Laura was helped by her short. I would be happy if either Carolina or Cynthia won the bronze medal.

Now I really miss Michelle , Sasha, Irina, and Shizuka. They could just come on the ice, land two 3 toes, and two 3 sals, and one of the other type of triple + lots of 2 axels, then they will definitely have a shot on winning a bronze medal. lol

mishieru07

On the Ice
i don't understand how last year everyone blamed alissa and now oh its ok. whats up with that.

Just about everybody got screwed/ bombed this year; Amano is quite possibly the strictest Tech Controller there is. And not just the Ladies, it was the same situation across all the disciplines. Hell, I thought even V/M and D/W seemed tired even though they delivered outstanding skates.

I'll cut the skaters some slack. It's been very underwhelming but they're exhausted, and understandably so.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Let's look on the bright side.
Yuna now has the only color that had been missing from her collection of Worlds medals.
Can't believe I might have just seen Yuna's last performance in competitive skating.

Congrats to Mao and the rest of the girls.
This must have been a very difficult competition for everyone.
I think ISU should seriously consider getting rid of the Worlds in Olympic years.

No way - Worlds go on and sometimes we are surprised by the results. But for skaters not at the Olympics - or skaters looking for redemption it is a good thing having Worlds in an Olympic season

ryoko

Rinkside
"Diana Kim"?

...what is this/I don't even...what?

Orser once said in interview that being with Yuna in Korea is like traveling with Princess Diana. Since then there has been some sour grapes calling her "Diana" for no reason.
No fans ever call her "Diana." In fact, there was only one person who started calling her "Diana" in Golden Skate (UM84/Artistry/Watchvancouver... they are same person).
I am assuming that this might be the same person as well.