Ladies - LP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With the American ladies, and men not medalling , hope it does not hurt the sports popularity in USA, after the Olympics Evan and Johnny seemed to get alot of attention so looked more promising for the sport.

It sure doesn't bother this American. I enjoy Jeremy's and Adam's skating way more than I enjoy Evan's and Johnny's. American ladies have been lacking consistency since Michelle Kwan exited the building. Meryl & Charlie are wonderful as usual! Amanda & Mark did well for them! It's not the end of the world by any means, especially when there are so many amazing skaters all around the world to cheer for, like Daisuke, Michal, my poor Takahiko :cry:, Aliona & Robin, Maria & Max, Yuko & Sasha, Tessa & Scott, my poor Anna & Luca :cry:, Fede & Massi, Nat & Fab, Sinead & John, Vanessa & Paul, Zaretskys, Ksenia, Cynthia, Miki, my poor Alena :cry:, Akiko, Caro, Yu-Na, Mao, the list goes on and on. :love:

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Cynthia need to work on her levels; her low levels and spin and footwork hurt her in the sp and lp; she could hav been easily third; mike just bomb the short
i think her spins have good speed though. Yes perhaps transitions and performance execution, she was quite concentrated but it worked much better for her that way for her jumps.

hellcat

Rinkside
Yuna has been especially overscored since 2009 season.
Something must have changed since then....really.
I believe many people ( except Korean people) think her score is overscored. Today , the contradiction came to be much clear, cause it seems only Yuna was extremely over scored today.

Well I can tell you that over 40% here are from Japan according to: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.goldenskate.com/?p=tgraph@r=home_home

Check Audience there.

Visitors by Country for Goldenskate.com
Country
Percent of Site Traffic
Japan
42.5%
United States
30.6%
Germany
7.0%
Canada
4.9%
Hungary
0.5%
OTHER
14.5%

if you say japanese, I think more than 4 out of 10 people will understand here :)

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Makareva - a bit stiff legged (shades of Butryskaya), and all Tech (shades of Slutskaya) I think, however, that will be ironed out by next season.
Flat - needs to get more pizazz. That can take awhile.
Phaneuf - Wow, back in the saddle again. Can she increase her jump level?
Nagasu - a bad hair day, She'll either learn from this or go deeper down the drain.
Ando - Fine. just never been interested in that posture.
Lepisto - Lovely skater with great musical feeling, but she needs more gumption.
Kim - get with it. ya cant do that at worlds.
Asada - all tricks and no style, but a good win in this lackluster field.

I sort of agree with this post except for where I highlited :think:

Did any Lady skate with more pisazz than Laura? Even close??
And Mao - my gosh - her steps are just fabulous! How much more does she need to add to be considered an "artist" ?

Typically, Worlds after Olympics is a letdown - but I thought Mao showed her class and so did Laura.

Maybe just a difference in opinion over style.
Weir is pushing Miki - but I can't get past that program, it's lack of excitement and PE. And the poor posture. No way would I place Miki over Laura when considering the SP and LP.

Last edited:

newvie

Rinkside
OMG....Why should I bother pretending to be Chinese?I am Chinese indeed.
I think you can stop pretending to be Holmes right away....Diana Kim is a perfect nickname for her already in here,it's just you dont know this....

Hmmm... no wonder most of the uploaders of "Yuna kim is hated by other skaters" YT videos were Chinese Kim haters. I hoped they were some idiots who pretended to be Chinese, but you confirm me that they really were :mad:

I'm really glad to see Mao getting the Gold medal today after all the struggles throughout the season 09-10. I'm not still impressed by her musical interpretation, but i know she will make me happy next time with music that suits her.

Yuna, congrats for completing the mission to keep two tickets for Korea. I could really see she is naturally talented, but her performance was disappointing (compared to that of normal Yuna).

Laura... well, i always wished an European got a medal, and she made it!

I've just watched an interview of Caro and Mao. Caro speaks really good French! very impressive! She says she's happy that she had a good performance. (Caro, i love your skyblue dress!)
And Mao, she didn't say a lot because the reporter didn't give her much time to speak. He was so excited to talk to her and busy praising her saying, "we, France, love you very much!"

Anyway, Congrats to all the medalists and thank you for all the skaters to perform even with the fatigue...:)

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Well the whole competition is splat/pop feast!! No one deliver except Mao and congradulation for her wining her title, back. The frist to regain the title since Michell and the 1st to won two titles since, Irina. =)

Summary:
Yuna, yet again held up high!! The Queen can do no wrong!!
European ladies got a pretty bonuses!
U.S ladies crack under heat!!
Kostner redeem herself!!
Miki and Akiko bounce back!!
The tech caller is tight ***!! ^_^
And the bots will continue to entertain us!!

nothingmuch

Rinkside
Hi I live in China. I was always wondering why Chinese figure fans hate Yu-na so much. Right after Yu-na won the OGM, my Chinese friends said, "But she got plastic surgery" and showed me movies on Tudou. When I asked one friend, she just said "Well, she's Korean. I don't like Koreans." It was disgraceful. Yu-na gets the most hate in Japan and China. I understand that some Mao bots probably do all the malicious stuff in Japan (just like Yu-na bots in Korea), but I don't understand why some Chinese hate her so much.

I guess you are a foreiner living in China?
Well,I do detect a "korean hatred" in many Chinese websites,similar to the even more well-established"Japanese hatred"....
I think I can explain them---
As regards"Japanese hatred",it's easily self-explanatory,for you know in WW TWO,or rather precisely to put"Invading Chinese War",Japan hurts China badly and nowadays they still refuse to admit their own crime,unlike Germany....Albeit our government affirms that the relationship between two nations is totally forward-looking,but among the masses,many people,especially young male people,like some cynics youths,they do not like Japan for the most part...to me,I wouldnt say I hate Japan,because I dont understand anything about wars...but I would feel hesitant and weird when I communicate with a Japanese,because I would wonder if I'm doing something shameful,since the person's ancestors had been doing all those stuffs....you know/
But still anyway...most of us are peace-supporters....so...

Concerning "Korean Hatred",I think it's mainly because of a series of events...such as something like asserting that China's ancestor is Korea....or apply the "world culture legacy"by stealing some of Chinese traditional things...
Well,I think I wouldnt say it's stealing,but anyway Koreans should know those mostly originate from China...
Hence many Chinese young people,especially those consider themselves patriots,always love to make a mockery of Koreans....well,yes,Mockery is more accurate than Hatred....It might be out of some Chinese people's national self-esteem I guess...

But anyway,they are just a minority/Most Chinese people knows how to distinguish the governments from the normal people.....So I dont mind supporting Mao Asada or Yuna Kim or anybody from their countries so long as I do like her/him and I consider him/her fairly scored.....

janetfan

Match Penalty
Just a thought - congratulations to Kristi for keeping her record alive. She is the last Lady to win the OGM and then defend it at Worlds.
If it was so easy - wouldn't it have happened again since 1992? :think:

Also - glad Plushy could NOT be like Dick Button. I think the odds of a male skater winning back to back OGM's gets less every cycle.

Just another reason for me to appreciate Evan :laugh:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Mao got < on 3F (2 point) and pop 4T (zero)
Mao only get < on 3A (but still rack up 3.5) and she earns higher levels and GOE on her non jumps elements. But she did get lover PCS mark.

I didn't know Mao had already tried her quad at the Olympics. I thought she was storing that up for Sochi :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist.

I don't get why Yu-na's PCS is higher than Mao's, but I don't mind seeing Mao's PCS drop from her Olympic scores. Inflation was rampant then. Practically everyone's PCS here was lower than that at the Olympics. The judges are now off their Olympic-high to finally return to being reasonable in their marking. Even if Yu-na had gone clean, she would've received lower PCS than then. I think the debate comes down to why Yu-na's PCS is higher than Mao's. I'm guessing Olympic Champ bonus? Whether we like it or not, reputation and consistency play a big part in PCS. Yu-na's skating skills, interpretation, transitions and choreography weren't that bad (just bad compared to her usual self). It's her performance/execution component which should've been affected by the falls.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
TES:
1. Mao Asada, JPN, 67.02
2. Yu-na Kim, KOR, 66.45
3. Miki Ando, JPN, 63.64
4. Cynthia Phaneuf, CAN, 61.48
5. Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 58.96
6. Ksenia Markrova, RUS, 55.14
7. Viktoria Helgesson, SWE, 54.91
8. Carolina Kostner , ITA. 54.87
9. Laura Lepisto, FIN, 54.24
10. Sarah Hecken, GER, 54.14

PCS

1. Yu-na Kim, KOR, 65.04
2. Mao Asada, JPN, 62.48
3. Carolina Kostner, ITA, 60.24
4. Laura Lepisto, FIN, 60.08
5. Miki Ando, JPN, 58.40
6. Mirai Nagasu, USA, 57.04
7. Cynthia Phaneuf , CAN, 56.56
8. Ksenia Markrova, RUS, 53.44
9. Rachael Flatt, USA, 53.36
10. Akiko Suzuki, JPN, 52.72

+GOE
1. Yuna Kim , KOR, 9.40
2. Cynthia Phaneuf, CAN 8.50
3. Miki Ando, JPN 8.24
4. Laura Lepisto, FIN 8.20
5. Mao Asada, JPN 7.72
6. Akiko Suzuki JPN 4.08
7. Mirai Nagasu, USA, 3.98
8. Yan Liu, CHN, 3.70
9. Cheltzie Lee, AUS, 3.62
10. Sarah Hecken, GER, 3.10

The GOE is telling here. Yu-na did not do the best program, but the judges clearly rewarded her for good execution on her 3-3 and her earlier jumps. (her PCS is probably over marked). Laura also got great GOE despite doubling those jumps (and PCS helped!) And some cool people on the GOE list!

vicivici

Spectator
If most of judges think the same, just study what is it about...3As can't be all of FS..That's it

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just counted, if we had the old system based on placements but today's scoring system, Carolina would have taken the bronze.

nothingmuch

Rinkside
Hmmm... no wonder most of the uploaders of "Yuna kim is hated by other skaters" YT videos were Chinese Kim haters. I hoped they were some idiots who pretended to be Chinese, but you confirm me that they really were :mad:

I'm really glad to see Mao getting the Gold medal today after all the struggles throughout the season 09-10. I'm not still impressed by her musical interpretation, but i know she will make me happy next time with music that suits her.

Yuna, congrats for completing the mission to keep two tickets for Korea. I could really see she is naturally talented, but her performance was disappointing (compared to that of normal Yuna).

Laura... well, i always wished an European got a medal, and she made it!

I've just watched an interview of Caro and Mao. Caro speaks really good French! very impressive! She says she's happy that she had a good performance. (Caro, i love your skyblue dress!)
And Mao, she didn't say a lot because the reporter didn't give her much time to speak. He was so excited to talk to her and busy praising her saying, "we, France, love you very much!"

Anyway, Congrats to all the medalists and thank you for all the skaters to perform even with the fatigue...:)

So you think Yuna Kim is really entitled to those ridiculously high marks?
I see she is dancing elegently yet she has no more artistic power and ability to express it...
Yes,sometimes I see she is dancing very cheerfully but when she failed so many jumpings and skating contents,how can she be still the NO.1 each time,for instance LP tonight?

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Not much point here. I'm just saying you'll be more likely to see pro-Mao comments and I'm not saying anything's wrong with that, either.

oh okay.
maybe why many japanese come here is our board is not that fair to every skaters :( and we'd like to know what figure skating fans in other countries think about and get more information.

Nadia01

Final Flight
So you think Yuna Kim is really entitled to those ridiculously high marks?
I see she is dancing elegently yet she has no more artistic power and ability to express it...
Yes,sometimes I see she is dancing very cheerfully but when she failed so many jumpings and skating contents,how can she be still the NO.1 each time,for instance LP tonight?

Uhh....

How many jumping and skating content "failures" have you seen from her tonight? :confused: