Ladies - LP | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Really happy for Asada, Laura and Miki. If only Miki had had a better SP she could have secured the silver. Congrats to all the girls and a special hug for Mirai.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Good grief, if Ando or Phaneuf had done better in the short I would've rather they won bronze than Laura Lepizzzzzto.

And whoever said US should've sent Ashley Wagner? Please pass some of what you're smoking.

jan

On the Ice
I totally agree!

Finnish tv the man and lady are so happy and celebrating. I would be too but there was just such poor skating tonight compared to Olympics, takes away from it. I actually would have prefered Miki or Cynthia to climb right onto the podium as they skated well. Good for them though to move up like that.

Robeye

Final Flight
Congratulations to the podium. Thanks for showing up and making the effort at the end of a really long season.

Johnnnn

On the Ice
I don't think anyone's questioning that, nor is Marrymeyunakim dissing Yu-na (as obvious from his/her username... lol). I think his/her point was that this should encourage Yu-na to stay for more seasons (or at least he/she hopes so!).

Yeah I know I'm just saying lol I think she is going to stay for few more seasons. This is certainly not how she wanted to retire.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ladies and gents, we have a Worlds bronze medalist with three triples! LOL.

Considering it's Laura, I don't think anyone's surprised. US only gets 2 spots next year :cry:. So surprised, Rachael and Mirai are usually so consistent. Oh well, season's over, not a great skated ladies event but that's ok. Hooray for Mao! Maybe Yuna will stick around now? Haha

ryoko

Rinkside
WatchVancouver/Artistry/UM84, is that you again with yet another ID? As long as you're pretending to be someone else, can you at least drop the "Diana"? Otherwise, what's the point?

Get the antipsychotics ready :rock:

figuristka

Medalist
Ladies and gents, we have a Worlds bronze medalist with three triples! LOL.

I adore Laura when she is on like the Olympics lp but here as i said would have prefered Miki or Cynthia, haha wouldn't that have been a shocker if Cynthia had gotten bronze 5th place she should be so proud, she was at Olympics too and did not fall apart.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rolleye: Tara said she could have competed with these ladies and that they need to learn how to handle pressure. Lipinski seems to be taking pages from Jamie Sale's book of putting your foot in your mouth. The ego has landed!

alex2155

Spectator
USA needed a total of 13 to get 3 spots. I think they are 7th and 9th so thats 16. :(
So sad for Mirai. This is the first time I've really disliked this new system. Moving from 7th to 2nd and 1st to 7th is a little much. Mirai had mistakes obviously in her long program but no mistakes much worse than Yu-na so I don't see how Yuna moved up so much and Mirai dropped down so much. I think Mirai should have medalled. Bronze maybe, but still a medal.
Especially, Mirai was 10 points ahead of Yuna before the long so it doesn't seem right that she is now 20ish points behind. That means Yuna scored almost 30 points ahead in the long program. I really don't understand. Yuna fell and popped an axel, and seemed slow and unenergetic.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Congratulations to the medalists! I thought the podium was correct.
Sorry for Mirai - and time for Rachael to move on to college.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Wow Lovely Laura finishes with the Bronze!

Happy for Mao to finish the season on a high note! As much as I was cheering for Mirai, I'm glad that if Yuna wasn't going to win it, it would be Mao! Happy for Yuna's comeback. I do have to see both programs to see if Yuna did deserve to win the LP over Mao but hey it's still a very good comeback. Now she's got a silver to go with the 1 gold and 2 bronzes in her Worlds collection.

Also happy for Miki and Akiko for their comebacks (and keeping 3 spots) and Cynthia holding it for the Canadians (saving Canada's 2 spots)! Sad for Realible Rachael and Mirai that they missed the 3rd spot. But they should still be proud of their accomplishments (Rachael's National title, Mirai's Olympic performance) they did this season.

CassAgain

On the Ice
Congrats to Mao! Well deserved gold!

Very disappointed that Rachael and Mirai couldn't hold it together for three spots. Results put to rest the myth of the U.S. bonus.

ryoko

Rinkside
Considering it's Laura, I don't think anyone's surprised. US only gets 2 spots next year :cry:. So surprised, Rachael and Mirai are usually so consistent. Oh well, season's over, not a great skated ladies event but that's ok. Hooray for Mao! Maybe Yuna will stick around now? Haha

Haha I hope so. This is even more exciting! I would love to see her again as she said she wants to use tango de roxanne for gala!