Plushenko earns gold | Golden Skate

Plushenko earns gold

BigJohn

On the Ice
I would like to add another gold to his collection: a gold douche for being a giant douche himself.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Gold is pretty close to its all-time high right now. A half kilo is worth about US$ 18,000.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It doesn't really matter. Evan has the real Olympic gold and is probably laughing about the pathetic-ness of this. :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Old news. It is a gold from people and plushenko was asked about it after he returned from vancouver and he said since it is from simple persons he will accept it, and he is touched since this is from people who gave their jewlerry, his interview is on the other thread that Ptickha translated an article and the video that people started to give in jewlerry dates almost a month back. It shows russians and tourists of St Peters handing theur gold. So whats pathetic concerning Plushenko? He asked for it? They could have given him an elephant for pet if they wanted to also. But since you have nothing better to do keep bashing.

Plushenko has Oly gold also you know, they can lagh with Evan together maybe.:biggrin:

Last edited:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
He is golden in people's heart. There is nothing wrong with it. People like to give it to him. It's their choice. I can't imagine any people would one day like to make a gold medal for Evan.;)

ita. The Russian people love and respect Plushenko. That's all there is to it. It's not like Plushenko asked for it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m not sure it is just russians, in the video there were many touristsof St P, anyway it is cute action and a cheerleading team was also helping to gathering the stuff (also from video), nobody told me to send my kilo of gold, I m upset. :p

Ren

On the Ice
Whatever people may feel about Evgeni Plushenko, whether or not they like him, whether or not they agree with his placement in Vancouver, this gold is from his fans.He's not my favorite skater at all (I was rooting for Daisuke :D ), but I totally respect the gesture these people have done; they feel very strongly about him and wished to do this for him. It's not like he set this precedent. I think I've read elsewhere that Kurt Browning's fans did this sort of thing before? And also, Michelle Kwan's? Hate him or like him, this particular medal is given by people who love him, and I have to honor that.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It doesn't really matter. Evan has the real Olympic gold and is probably laughing about the pathetic-ness of this. :)

Plushenko has a real Olympic Gold medal as well.

And 2 real Olympic Silver medals.

Oops, your argument fails. Plushenko has accomplished way more.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He is golden in people's heart. There is nothing wrong with it. People like to give it to him. It's their choice. I can't imagine any people would one day like to make a gold medal for Evan.;)

That's because Evgeni, unlike Evan, is a figure skating legend. Plushy's top reign on the sport has been a LOT longer than Lysacek's 1 season of being on top. If Evgeni's fans wish to honor him by presenting him with a gold medal, it's their right to do so. The same with Kwan's fans and the platinum medal and the RUS federation presenting Slutskaya with a medal.

Last edited:

bibi24

Final Flight
That's because Evgeni, unlike Evan, is a figure skating legend. Plushy's top reign on the sport has been a LOT longer than Lysacek's 1 season of being on top. If Evgeni's fans wish to honor him by presenting him with a gold medal, it's their right to do so. The same with Kwan's fans and the platinum medal and the RUS federation presenting Slutskaya with a medal.

Lysacek was World Champ last year, and Olympic Champ this year, so I count at least 2 seasons, heh :p

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lysacek was World Champ last year, and Olympic Champ this year, so I count at least 2 seasons, heh :p

Lysacek floundered through the entire 2009 season failing to win both of his Grand Prix meets (finishing 3rd in both), failing to advance to the Grand Prix Final, failing to win the US championship (losing to Abbott and finishing 3rd) and failing to win 4CC (losing to Chan). This season he lost the US championship again to Abbott by 25 points. So, no, he clearly wasn't on top for 2 seasons by any stretch of the imagination.