Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8399

Excerpt from a posting by Willowway:

>NA Team - Browning, Bobek, Boitano, S&P

World Team - Kulik, Petrenko, Baiul, B&S

World Team won by ever so little 588.9 to 588.6 and that was about right - almost dead even. As a Kulik fan, I had a particularly wonderful evening - Ilia rocked with 2 10's for his artistic program and terrific skates for both.

This evening though was really a triumph for professional skating (can it hit any lower a bottom than we've seen lately with the cancellation of one thing after another?). The performances were almost consistently top notch, the programs varied enormously from the most classical to the least classical and all done with polish and panache.>

The competition will be broadcasted on Nov 29 9-11 pm (EST) on CBS.

Marjaana

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Sounds like everything was great! :D And I am extremely pleased that both of Jamie & Dave's programs went very well!! They did skate both of them clean and very well as far as I heard. I had a friend keeping me informed via text message all night and she said it was an awesome competition. I think this will be a fun competition to see later this month and I for one can't wait!!! :love: :D

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I will be seeing this competition in Vancouver in Dec. Sounds awesome!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Ladskater, it is a different competition with a different broadcast which will be in Canada. With the same idea (a pro team competition) and with a few same skaters though, and it will have more participants.

Marjaana

Last edited:
Thanks Jaana for the review and I am looking forward to the TV presentation. I am hoping it looks more like a sport than a show. I'm not against shows but I insist on serious competitions. Just hope it goes beyond fluff.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joesitz, I got the impression from reviews that the skaters very much tried (and succeeded) to skate well for their team. I would say that makes the competition serious. Of course this broadcast will not be like short programmes and freeskates from ISU eligible competitions, but skaters are doing their best with good programmes.

I think that Boitano was the only one from men who uses some props. Otherwise it is serious skating, according to what they are performing. It is pure skating, not grinding or gyrating like some skaters do in shows.

Without having seen the competition, LOL, I think that it will be best to watch all of it through, before forming any firm opinions, one way or another.

Marjaana

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Jaana: Thanx for posting Sharon's reviews over here. I am tickled pink that she loved Jamie & Dave's programs! She seemed very fair and honest in her reviews and I really appreciate that. I am very excited to see this competition for myself later this month! :D

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Another great review! I love all the Jamie & Dave gushing!! I can't wait to see this on TV. Thankfully, CBS is not like ABC and we will actually see this event only about two weeks after it happened instead of like a month later or something obnoxious like that, LOL :D

Thanx again Jaana!! :D

sailinghome

Spectator
Ice Wars

I agree with what willowway said: this was a high-quality competition and a real joy to watch. I hope they get terrific ratings when it's on TV.

I'm an Ilia fan too, so I was thrilled to see him skate so fantastically. BTW, see my photos at: http://www.kuliks-krew.com/photos/IceWars03.shtml

I loved every skater there, and IMO all of them seemed to be very serious about performing their absolute best. And I agree, Jamie & David deserve a special mention for two beautiful programs that showed you don't have to jump to do compelling skating.

So, let's have more pro skating on TV!

Laurie