Thank you, Skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Thank you, Skaters

Okay, am I the only one that feels like crying... I am so going to miss all of this during the off season

Men
Dice-K: showing us that a clown routine doesnt have to be gimmicky :cool:
Evan: for milking COP for all its worth
Plushy: you've got guts! I dont always enjoy your programs, but boy he got guts
Weir: despite all the trappings and controversy, I still see the pure/clean skater on the ice that I did years ago.

I enjoyed all your evaluations, but I especially like the way you worded the section about the guys, and I pretty much agree with it. That's exactly what I enjoyed about Plushy and Weir, especially. I don't think I'll ever forget Plushenko stepping out on the ice for the long program with no nerves at all. The guy is so stone-cold calm. I didn't love his program--I've seen better from him--but he remains an asset to skating. And Weir: so many people argued about his "flamboyance"--and he helped it along, I must say--but the fact is that his skating is not flamboyant at all. It's smooth and streamlined, like Scandinavian modern design. No false emotion, no flailing. It's what brings me back to him every time. Does anyone remember that lovely exhibition trio he did with Denis and Melissa?

And hooray for Daisuke! What a beautiful combination of style and substance. May he have as long a career as Michelle Kwan or Katarina Witt, so we can get to cheer him for at least another Olympic cycle.

breeze

Rinkside
I second almost all the posts here, and would like to add my special congratulations and thanks to

Yuna: for bringing two wonderful and new programs when I thought it would be hard for anything to match her previous programs, and for pulling the best performances out of them at the Olympics. Good luck with your future whatever decision you make about it.

Daisuke: for showing everybody that figure skating really can be both atheletic sports and performing art. Just stay healthy and stay in the sports for a long time, men's figure skating will not be the same without you.

Carolina: for finally redeeming yourself in front of home crowd. Hope this boosts your confidence and come back stronger next season.

Mao: for playing up to the rivalry with the strongest fighting spirit. I'm glad to see you end the season on a high note and I wish this rough experience will help you grow as an artist and you would come back stronger with better programs.

Adam/Patrick/Jeremy: for letting me enjoy watching skaters with different styles of artistry. You all are unique and I love that.

Finally, jBroxton: for starting this heart warming thread. :)

Trewyn

Medalist
Great idea!

Ladies: Thank you...

Ashley Wagner: for having so many good performances on the GP circuit; it was a delicious time being your fan. Thank you for the inspiring long program at Nationals and the elegance with which you dealt with your disappointments.
Laura Lepisto: for having such a feisty LP at the Olympics; for signing my picture at Worlds, for performing well enough to enable me to see you win a Worlds medal before my very eyes.
Akiko Suzuki: for making me realize there are more skaters out there I can care deeply about other than Ashley Wagner; for having such an amazing skate in the GPF LP; for coming back so fearlessly after a disappointing short at Worlds.
Carolina Kostner: for proving that you're not done yet; for being such a gorgeous balletic skater on ice; I hope you'll skate many more season.

Men:
Adam Rippon: after meeting you twice and seeing you skate live and on tv so many times this season I have realized that despite some male skaters retiring, Men's figure skating is still very thrilling; thank you for doing a tano lutz; it looks divine; thank you for keeping your curls; don't ever take them out again :D.
Jeremy Abbott: thank you for your inspired Nationals LP, lovely Worlds SP and the quad war with Michal Brezina. I hope you'll fly again next season!
Johnny Weir: thank you for finally enabling me to make up my mind over whether or not I like; you were so robbed at the Olympics and your programs made the all nighters worthwhile.
Stéphane Lambiel: thank you for being such a lovely prince charming on ice.
Takahiko Kozuka: thank you for smiling; thank you for your lovely spread eagles and general skating skills; I'm sure you'll be near the top of the world very soon.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I just saw that Johnny debuted Bad romance with new costume in KOI (i have no words for costume :laugh:) so he heard my wishes, and so Thank you Johnny!:biggrin: