Ladies Long Recap | Golden Skate

Ladies Long Recap

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Ladies long program provided a satisfactory conclusion to the long Olympic season as a number of skaters in the two final war-up groups managed to put forward very strong performances.

More

key65man

Rinkside
Thanks for the great recap. I hope Mirai takes it as a learning experience. I am sure Frand will do a good job on it. Boy, is it tough to a kid!

chloepoco

Medalist
I think it's kind of ironic that the title is "Asada recaptures World title", yet the photo is of Yuna.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We try to put in photos of the skaters that place first in the segment (not nessarily who win). For example, we used the photo of D/W for the FD as they won that particular segment :)

I went ahead and changed both photos in both articles to reflect who won the overall event so it doesn't clash with the Pairs and Men's.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yuna's really pretty, I don't think anyone minds. Not that Mao isn't pretty, she is, Yuna is just a lot prettier.

miki88

Medalist
Yuna's really pretty, I don't think anyone minds. Not that Mao isn't pretty, she is, Yuna is just a lot prettier.

Mao is more towards the cute side, while Yuna looks more mature. But Yuna does have a better makeup artist and costume designe. :)

prettykeys

Medalist
We try to put in photos of the skaters that place first in the event (not nessarily who win). For example, you will see we also used the photo of D/W for the FD as they won that particular segment :)

LMAO.

Perhaps the irony could have been fixed with an edited title: Asada recaptures the World title, Kim rebounds to win the FS

;)

Mao is very pretty. She has a classic oval face and huge doe eyes.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Mao is more towards the cute side, while Yuna looks more mature. But Yuna does have a better makeup artist and costume designe. :)

Which is why Mao needs to date Kozuka, they are both soo cute :agree: ! Mao still kind of looks like a little kid though, whereas Yuna looks more grown up even though she is also very skinny.

youtubo

Rinkside
I felt sad when Tara kept saying Mao was the shadow of Yuna and the underdog from her entire senior season. But im glad she won this one.

jian10

Rinkside
Because of the figure skating rule, I think both Mao and Yu Na do their own make up. But I would love to see both go shopping at Sephora and have fun together off the ice.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
I don't have either Ice Network or Universal on my satellite system, so I can't really judge Mirai's or Rachael's performances , but I'm a little ticked off with both of them. I understand the general statements made about fatigue, etc., in the event. But we (The U.S.) had a good chance to get back that 3rd spot for future events. I can accept Mirai faltering enough to lose gold, but to blow it badly enough to drop to 7th is inexusable for a skater of her already proven capability. If she had skated decently enough to finish 5th, and Rachael had finished even just 8th, we'd have that 3rd spot back. Same with Rachael - 9th place is unacceptable! I love them both, but the hard cold truth is that they both blew it here. :mad::cry:

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice

I think both of them are beautiful. I see most of asian girls have really beautiful silky skin which I would die for!!
I think Yuna's make up is heavier. She uses a lot of eye liner and Mao's pake up is more natural side. Both of them are in such a beautiful shape, too. I think their fit figure helps their skating more attractive and pleasing to watch.As they mature more, I am sure more of their beauty will come out. I think Shizuka looks much prretier now than when she won OLG,I saw many skaters from many different countries and they all are beautiful!!

rtureck

Final Flight

And there are many ppl who disagree with you and think Asada is a lot prettier. Anyway, what is the point of talking who is prettier in a thread about ladies freeskate recap. Beauty is to the eye of the beholder. How is that relevant in a discussion about skating?