Oda leaves Morozov, Miki stays | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Oda leaves Morozov, Miki stays

viv

On the Ice
Is his mother really always there with him? did not know that. Yes, he certainly needs to start living on his own now, he is what 21 or so? I think Morozov was good to be easy on him but this is not as easy sport and maybe he needs a Frank Carroll to push him a little but and tell him to cut out the drama.

He was 23 on March 25th, which, yes, is the age to leave your mum behind. Agreed for the rest of your post - Carroll could be a good choice. Not sure wether he would take him, though.

lavender

Record Breaker
Miki and N/M ...not surprised she's not leaving him but I didn't think she would stay in all the way til Sochi.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Is his mother really always there with him? did not know that. Yes, he certainly needs to start living on his own now, he is what 21 or so? I think Morozov was good to be easy on him but this is not as easy sport and maybe he needs a Frank Carroll to push him a little but and tell him to cut out the drama.

His mom has been his coach.

I have no idea how anyone can know whether or not "his mom comes everywhere he goes" and "does not let him deal with his everyday life by himself".

Sweet6.0

Rinkside
Maybe it's time for him to leave his mommy behind. I think being with mom everywhere he goes is preventing him from growing up. If his mom really wants him to be strong mentally, she needs to go home and stay there and let him deal with every day life by himself.

Huh? I know for a fact he was away from his mother while training in Mariposa...

Maybe Nobu should head back to Barrie, or continue following in Buttle's footsteps and train with Arturian. IMO, Morosov may be a great coach, but was not able to create programs for Oda that allowed him to be as expressive as he was in the past...

No Daisuke No Oda No other male skater. What about Miki? If he goes to Russia, I wonder if he would be considered for Piseyev's replacement?

viv

On the Ice
No Daisuke No Oda No other male skater. What about Miki? If he goes to Russia, I wonder if he would be considered for Piseyev's replacement?

:unsure: No idea what you are talking about. He just had a lot of success with Fernandez who is only 18 and apparently will stay with him. Miki anounced already that she will move to Moscow. As I understood, he will move to Moscow to work there as a coach, not as a replacement for Piseev.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Oh, that's too bad. Nobunari was doing well with Nikolai!

:cry:

I'm glad Miki stayed with Nikolai, but I'd prefer if she had another coreographer. I liked her programs this season, especially the LP, but I love Lori Nichol and it would be interesting if Miki and Lori could work together. And it's great to know Miki is aiming at Sochi!

:rock:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Miki and N/M ...not surprised she's not leaving him but I didn't think she would stay in all the way til Sochi.

I've always gotten the feeling that Miki is super dedicated to skating and never wants to completely leave the sport. Plus she's not that old, she just turned 22 in the winter. I think it's nice more ladies are starting to stick around a little longer.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I've always gotten the feeling that Miki is super dedicated to skating and never wants to completely leave the sport. Plus she's not that old, she just turned 22 in the winter. I think it's nice more ladies are starting to stick around a little longer.

It is just that she has been near the top since she was 15 and landing quads.. she has been to two olympics and after all her injuries I was almost certain she would be ready to move on. I am happy to learn otherwise, with Nakano gone and Akiko maybe not continuing, she and Mao will have to be the top Japanese ladies until the youngsters are ready. Miki also probably wants a medal at home next year.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It is just that she has been near the top since she was 15 and landing quads.. she has been to two olympics and after all her injuries I was almost certain she would be ready to move on. I am happy to learn otherwise, with Nakano gone and Akiko maybe not continuing, she and Mao will have to be the top Japanese ladies until the youngsters are ready. Miki also probably wants a medal at home next year.

Don't count Kanako out! She's pretty polished for 15!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I'm happy about Oda..I'd love to see him be an individual again..and really sorry if Javier is staying with him . His talent is really beyond the drunken pirate nonsense he had for a FS.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Morozov is totally creepy. You can beat around the bush all you want but Miki competitive career is over. She had a metamorphosis in the 2006-2007 season. I don't see another one coming at all. She's skating like the Zhangs and starting to receive PCS like the Zhangs. Hers is now lower than Laura's, Carolina's despite being clean.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Moderator note - a reminder of the guidelines.

Skater/Coach Privacy Policy said:
Golden Skate respects the privacy of skaters, coaches, and officials in the sport. Golden Skate does not permit or condone undocumented gossip about their personal lives. Discussions of off-ice behavior, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, dating life, etc. should be limited to what has been publicly disclosed by the skater. While speculation is one thing, accusation is another, and could be considered slander.

jovani2293

On the Ice
Morozov is totally creepy. You can beat around the bush all you want but Miki competitive career is over. She had a metamorphosis in the 2006-2007 season. I don't see another one coming at all. She's skating like the Zhangs and starting to receive PCS like the Zhangs. Hers is now lower than Laura's, Carolina's despite being clean.

Are you joking????

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Besides....Miki will look very good in furs ;)

Haha true! But I was hoping Miki would find a new coach, at least someone who can give a step sequence other than the ones that start off with a big pause a la "Morozov step"! I guess the level of trust they've built over 4 years is worth a lot more than an outsier like me could ever understand, so good for her.

I was moved by Miki's power and grace watching her live in LA last season. And in Torino, if not as energetic, she had the presense of an experienced skater who knows how to show emotion on the ice. I don't think she's finished yet so go Miki!!!

I'm happy about Oda..I'd love to see him be an individual again..and really sorry if Javier is staying with him . His talent is really beyond the drunken pirate nonsense he had for a FS.
Javier should go to Frank Carroll. Evan's return to figure skating is up in the air, and Javier's has just begun.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
According to this news that came later, it's Morozov saying that Miki will stay.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20100329-611634.html

It's written that Miki says "I want to talk about it with Nicolai."

Morozov also says that Miki has the choice of coming to Russia but that he doesn't know.
Also that Miki is now the only Japanese student he can trust and that he's not taking any more new Japanese skaters.

"only Japanese skater he can trust?" ***? I hope the real intension got lost in translation.

Bennett

Record Breaker
It says so in Japanese in the article, but Morosov speaks in English with very heavy accent. So it is possible that something was lost in translation. Besides, the article does not quote the question asked. It may mean something different put in the context that's missing.