Oda leaves Morozov, Miki stays | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Oda leaves Morozov, Miki stays

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It does sound strange. It puts a different spin on it. Seems like Oda is in the dark. Maybe the Russian Federation does not want NM coaching Oda who could possibly challenge in Sochi. Just a thought.

Since Morozov's moving back to Russia was at thr request of the russian fed, I am almost certain they are behind this. Who knew Plushy's silver would have such far-reaching consequences! They know Oda is a threat for a medal if things continue on from here with nobu and won't have a Russian coach helping out with that. I have no idea why this dos not apply to Miki, maybe they know her peak is passed and won't be a medal threat in Sochi?

Bennett

Record Breaker
But what's strange is that Morosov has already talked to the media, but still has not talked with Nob. The date of this Nob interview seems to have been TODAY (Apr 2) when their Univ had a ceremony for Dai and Nob.

This seems similar to what happened with Dai. When Morosov took Nob and the JSF announced it, Dai was not informed. It would have been both JSF's and Morosov's fault. But at this time, it seems only Morosov (Retrospectively speaking, the JSF might have just assumed that Morosov had already talked to Dai).

You know, when Yuka Sato took Jeremy, I read that she called Takahiko Kozuka right away because she also choreographes Takahiko and she wanted to avoid the situation where Takahiko finds out through the media. I think that that's what it means to be trustworthy in a coach-skater relationship.

But this one seems even worse than the previous Dai's situation in that Morosov announced separation without talking to Nob, which seems like an even more harsh betrayal. Even if I put it gently, it's just plain rude and disrespectful to Nob.

I hope that Nob does not take this too hard. He seems like a soft-hearted boy.

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:think:Of course, when Morozov was quoted as saying that Miki was the only one he could trust , it might have meant that she was the only one he could trust=be sure would be following him to Russia...

:laugh: Of course , this could be wishful thinking on my part , and I wish even she wouldn't go..

But it makes me very uncomfortable that it seems like between Morozov and the Japanese federation, the skaters themselves may not have much say about who they study with. How did so many of them wind up with Morozov to begin with ...after Arakawa's success , I mean. For that matter , looking back, how much of Shizuka's success was due to her talent and how much was due to NM ?

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
Morosov, from his interactions with Miki, appears to be a bit of a ... well, let's just say that I don't like him all that much. Especially not now that he's seemingly going to disappear from Nobu's life and career.

Bennett

Record Breaker
To give Morosov a benefit of doubt, it may have been just that he did not realize that he had not talked with Nob. Nob says that M mentioned possible relocation back in Jan, without specifying where it would be. So it's possible that Morosov thought that he's already "talked" with Nob.

But these do not change the fact that Morosov decided something so important without confirming Nob's consent and that it's already over. Nob should just move on and start searching a new coach. No use talking with Morosov because he's already decided to split with him (To give a benefit of doubt, I would not say M "ditches" him; but it could feel like that).