Post Olympic Breakups, retirements and new partnerships | Golden Skate

Post Olympic Breakups, retirements and new partnerships

riardo

Rinkside
Since there was not separate thread and news are coming fast. I am starting this one. So far we have these official news.

From Russian Pairs camp:
Mukhortova/Trankov split (Mukhortova's future uncertain)
Volosazhar/Trankov formed (Coach is still to be decided, most likely it's Nikolai Morozov)
Imaikina/Bezmaternekh formed (Coach- Moskvina)
Katarina Gerboldt/ Alexander Enbert formed (Coach- Moskvina)
Kawaguti/Smirnov will stay for few more seasons

Please post more news.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Gerboldt went to pairs????:eek:

I like Maria so much, I hope she finds a new partner. And after I saw worlds I think the bronze went to wrong russian pair...:rolleye:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't belive M&T actually spilt. They actually seemed to not hate eachother this year. I can't imagine either of them being more sucessful with another partner since they will be starting at step one all over again. I also can't say that either one was clearly the stronger skater.. both seemed to mess up pretty equally unlike McLaughln and Brubaker and Dube/Davison where he is the stronger jumper and Inoue and Baldwin where it was her.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Umm im not sold on the new russian pairings. I was hoping Maria Mukhortova would end up with Bezmaternikh and now he's stuck with Imaikina whom from what I remember 2 seasons ago was like a mini Krazilnikova = no expression/grace at all.

Gerboldt&Enbert could be interesting. He was being watsted with Ozerova but he also used to be coached by ArturDmitriev, why is he changing to Moskvina where they will no be her number one team. What jumps does Gerboldt has? I like her a lot but isnt she too tall for pairs??

riardo

Rinkside
There are unofficial reports that Khokholva/Novitskiy broke up as Sergey has retired and Yana is looking for new partner. There are also reports that Domnina is considering looking for a new partner as well.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I can't belive M&T actually spilt. They actually seemed to not hate eachother this year. I can't imagine either of them being more sucessful with another partner since they will be starting at step one all over again. I also can't say that either one was clearly the stronger skater.. both seemed to mess up pretty equally unlike McLaughln and Brubaker and Dube/Davison where he is the stronger jumper and Inoue and Baldwin where it was her.

Maxim absolutley is a stronger jumper than Maria. Maxim lands 3/3s in practice. What happened at the Olympics was an absolute fluke. And I recall her jump wasn't perfect either. There have been occassions where Inoue has messed up a jump when Baldiwn hit. That's what happened here but at worlds things went back to form with Maxim hitting his jumps and Maria having an issue. As for the throw-that was another fluke. Even the best partners make a mistake. But overall with Maria and Maxim's career, it has been her that has held that team back, and lots of people think the reason they can't handle harder choregraphy and transitions is because the program needs to be simpiler for her to even go clean.

Last edited:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Gerboldt&Enbert could be interesting. He was being watsted with Ozerova but he also used to be coached by ArturDmitriev, why is he changing to Moskvina where they will no be her number one team. What jumps does Gerboldt has? I like her a lot but isnt she too tall for pairs??

Well, as I know Moskvina had noticed Gerboldt long ago, but Katarina decided to stay in singles. She has all triples (not very consistant, but still). And she is about 160 cm or so, not taller than Maria Mukhortova for example. All the people who saw them say that they looked good together and can be very promising

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Consistency in jumps is the key of succes for all this pair girls..

And yes, It's official Khokhlova&Novitski are no more.. Im still mourning for that loss. Now that Jana is looking for a new partner is news to me, but how many partnerless russian dance guys of her level are out there??

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Consistency in jumps is the key of succes for all this pair girls..

And yes, It's official Khokhlova&Novitski are no more.. Im still mourning for that loss. Now that Jana is looking for a new partner is news to me, but how many partnerless russian dance guys of her level are out there??
Katarina had problems with 3Lz and 3F, she doesn't need it in pairs, her 3T and 3S are OK

As for Yana... It's so sad for me too, but Sergei has serious injuries and it's better for him... I have no idea what she will do, I don't know any partner of her level in Russia, there are some juniors, but all of them are too young for her and obviously not on her level

Wicked

Final Flight
Who can Maria partner with? This saddens me because M&T really did seem to actually be able to tolerate each other this year, and I started liking them. Unlike Jamie Sale, I liked their Love Story program.

Ituriel

On the Ice
:eek::cry: can you post the article? My mind understands but my heart can't believe it. I hope she can find a new partner.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Somehow, I don't think there would be lots of male ice dance partners who'd be thrilled to be upstaged by Khokhlova's acrobatic moves. Novitski was always the weaker member of the pair and he was lucky to have had so much success in ice dance with his lesser skills.

sk8rdad

On the Ice
Megan Duhamel and Eric Radford are partnering up for next season, an official announcement should be in the works.

wallylutz

Medalist
There are unofficial reports that Khokholva/Novitskiy broke up as Sergey has retired and Yana is looking for new partner. There are also reports that Domnina is considering looking for a new partner as well.

Too bad, if those reports are true, you'd almost want to see Khokholova pairing up with Domnina as it seems logical - both are looking for partners and they are both very good skaters but alas, I don't think the ISU will ever accept two women doing Ice Dance together. ;)

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Too bad, if those reports are true, you'd almost want to see Khokholova pairing up with Domnina as it seems logical - both are looking for partners and they are both very good skaters but alas, I don't think the ISU will ever accept two women doing Ice Dance together. ;)

Ohh that team will be so kick ***.. Domnina is tall enough to lift Khokhlova . With the former lines and the later athleticism they will be unstopabble. :laugh:

bekalc

Record Breaker
It 's official that Maxim will be Tatiana's partner or this are only speculations?:D

Trankov announced that they will be auditioning in front of the Russian federation officials in May. So they are at least definetly giving it a shot.