Predictions for 2011 Worlds | Golden Skate

Predictions for 2011 Worlds

louieb2009

Rinkside
Let's go nuts. Predict the medalists for next year's worlds.

MEN:
I don't think Plushenko will make it without an injury until Worlds and I think Weir and Joubert will retire. My opinion.

1. Takahashi
2. Kozuka
3. Rippon

WOMEN:
Kim retires, along with Rochette, Kostner and Ando.

1. Nagasu
2. Asada
3. Murakami

PAIRS:
Pang/Tong retire, Savchenko/Szolkowy retire, Volosozhar/Trankov become a pair.

1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
2. Zhang/Zhang
3. Volosozhar/Trankov

ICE DANCE:
Virtue/Moir, Faiella/Scali, Domina/Shabalin, and Kerr/Kerr retire.

1. Davis/White
2. Pechalat/Bourzat
3. Bobrova/Sloviev

FlattFan

Match Penalty
1. Nagasu
2. Asada
3. Murakami

Nagasu will never beat Asada. Asada said she'dl work on her 3-3, work on her 3A more, work on a quad to beat Kim's score. Her PCS will go up even higher because by the next season she will be the only top skater left. Let's worry about Nagasu getting a medal first before crowning her the world champion.

riardo

Rinkside
My predictions for top 5 in each discipline in no particular order.

Ladies:
Asada
Makarova
Nagasu
Murakami
Lepisto

Men:
Takahashi
Abbott
Kazuka
Brezina
Rippon

Pairs:
Kawaguti/Smirnov
Bazarova/Larionov
Zhang/Zhang
Volosazhar/Trankov
Danney/Barrett

Dance:
Davis/White
Ilinekh/Katsalapov
Bobrova/Soloviev
Kerr/Kerr
Pechalat/Burzat

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I love Murakami but I think she might get robbed in PCS. She is still just a very little girl. Also, Ando said she isn't retiring and we still don't know about Yuna and Joannie. I guess none of the baby Russian girls will be eligible for the nest worlds, but maybe Ksenia could get on the podium?

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Already!!! lol
Ladies event just finished 2 days ago. At this point non of the peoples are confirmed yet. Plushy is out due to injury, Lysacek is in hollywood and doubt he will be back. Kim, rochett still a question.

Top 5 in random order:
Ladies - Asada, Ando, Lepisto, Nagasu, Kim
Men - Taka, Chan, Joubert, Kozuko, Abott

Nirti

Medalist
Joubert, Ando, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Faiella/Scali have all announced that they will stay next season. And maybe Weir or Kerrs or Pang/Tong too. ;)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
1. Nagasu
2. Asada
3. Murakami

Nagasu will never beat Asada. Asada said she'dl work on her 3-3, work on her 3A more, work on a quad to beat Kim's score. Her PCS will go up even higher because by the next season she will be the only top skater left. Let's worry about Nagasu getting a medal first before crowning her the world champion.

What makes you so sure?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
WOMEN

1) Mao Asada
2) Mirai Nagasu
3) Miki Ando

MEN

1) Daisuke Takahashi
2) Patrick Chan
3) Brian Joubert

(Yes, the same..)

PAIRS

1) Savchenko & Szolkowy
2) Pang & Tong
3) Kavaguti & Smirnov

DANCE

1) Davis & White (V&M retire)
2) Faiella & Scali
3) Pechalat & Bourzat

gmyers

Record Breaker
What if Patrick Chan actually does learn a quad and skated clean-He could beat Takahashi-I thought Chan would win this year but he was mucho sloppy on jumps while Takahashi was not.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
What if Patrick Chan actually does learn a quad and skated clean-He could beat Takahashi-I thought Chan would win this year but he was mucho sloppy on jumps while Takahashi was not.

I think if Patrick Chan does a clean quad and Daisuke Takahashi doesn't, Patrick Chan will win, but if both do clean quads, Takahashi will still win. Patrick's transitions, spins, artistry etc. are good but Takahashi is still slightly above, imo.

I wish Chan the best with the quad but I think he's going to have trouble with it. Jumping is not his real strength at all.