Predictions for 2011 Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions for 2011 Worlds

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I'm going to take a stab at the top 6 for both men and ladies.

MEN

1. Kozuka
2. Chan
3. Takahashi
4. Brezina
5. Rippon
6. Ten

LADIES

1. Asada
2. Nagasu
3. Murakami
4. Kim
5. Ando (if she doesn't retire)
6. Phaneuf

cxb

Spectator
if pang and tong are staying, i think they will be on top of the podium again.

Because of China's sports system, the government supports all athletes. Therefore, the bureaucracy requires Pang and Tong to stay. In China's major media, Pang and Tong confirmed that they will stay, though Pang has problem with her leg muscle. According to her, the muscle of her landing leg frequently got numb as stone when under stress. Tong had to help her massage before the World to make sure she could go.

Yao Bin, the coach, definitely required his pupils to stay in this sport right after Pang and Tong got their Olympic silver.

However, the pairs remains unclear for the 2011. It really depends on each pair's condition.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm going to take a stab at the top 6 for both men and ladies.

MEN

1. Kozuka
2. Chan
3. Takahashi
4. Brezina
5. Rippon
6. Ten

LADIES

1. Asada
2. Nagasu
3. Murakami
4. Kim
5. Ando (if she doesn't retire)
6. Phaneuf

Lot of hype for Murakami. She's adorable but I'm not convinced she'll do so well in the senior ranks as early as next year, normally it takes a while to build up PCS and reputation. She has a lot of potential for sure but is still very immature, she looks like she's 10 years old and that most likely means low PCS at senior competitions. We'll have to see how she handles puberty.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Too early for me to make predictions, as one does not know which skaters will participate (= coming back for the next season). My guess is though, that Japanese skaters may not do as well as they may hope, because of the huge pressure, media expectations, etc. The competition IS in Japan, right?

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Too early for me to make predictions, as one does not know which skaters will participate (= coming back for the next season). My guess is though, that Japanese skaters may not do as well as they may hope, because of the huge pressure, media expectations, etc. The competition IS in Japan, right?

The last time Worlds were in Japan, the country got three medals, including one gold and two silver. Let's hope the Japanese do just as well next year!

:rock:

Ren

On the Ice
A little early for me to make predictions, as the off-season just started. Maybe when the new season begins--at least then we will really know who will skate and who will not. Now if the question had been "Who are on your dream 2011 podium?" I'd be able to answer. :)

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Even P/T retire, China still has the Zhangs. They may not beat the Germens, but still capable of beating the russian teams. Just need to bring a little more artistry into their programs, and I am sure they will work on it.

Remember how P/T had been dinging for underrotation and crappy PCS mark 2 seasons ago. Zhangs are imo technically stronger the P/T, just need to improve on the second mark.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The last time Worlds were in Japan, the country got three medals, including one gold and two silver. Let's hope the Japanese do just as well next year!

Yes, that was great! On the other hand many things have changed since then and because of it I´d suppose there will be even more expectations and media-circus now... How come Japan is having the Worlds AGAIN????

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It's not that surprising. The ISU tries to avoid having it more than twice in a row on the same continent (and that continent is always Europe, due to the number of member states), so that leaves a half dozen countries that could realistically host it (Canada, USA, China, Japan, S. Korea.. okay, only five. Am I missing one?). The United States had it 2009, I don't think Canada would've bid for it so soon after the Olympics (though I expect 2013 to go to a Canadian city), S. Korea hadn't hosted 4CC yet (a test, imo). So that leaves China and Japan. China.... I don't know why they haven't got it yet. They're the other country I expect to get it soon, especially after the success of the Beijing Olympics. Japan has the facilities, the money, the support in the country. The ISU knows that if it goes to Japan, it'll sell out and make tonnes of money.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I'll wait until the 10-11 season to start... when we know who's in and out and what they are skating to before I would make my picks for Tokyo.

The off-season is only a week old! Let's just relax! ;)

koheikun90

On the Ice
My one prediction

I predict that Yuzuru Hanyu will compete at the Worlds. He will be old enough. He's probably the most talented 15 year old men skater I've ever seen.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Assuming all the Olympic champs retire (which I'm pretty sure they will.......)

LADIES:
1. Asada
2. Kostner
3. Nagasu

MEN:
1. Takahashi
2. Chan
3. Abbott

PAIRS:
1. Zhang/ Zhang
2. Kavaguti/Smirnov
3. Dube/ Davison

DANCE:
1. Davis/ White
2. Faiella/ Scali
3. Pechalat/ Bourzat

but these are way premature........ we'll probably have a better idea once the Grand Prix starts...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Dube and Davison really need MAJOR improvement from this season to even think of getting back on that podium.