Golden and Rusty Hangers | Golden Skate

Golden and Rusty Hangers

MissCleo

On the Ice
Since we are all reminiscing in another thread, I thought I would start another post-season favorite of mine. Amazing costumes goes on golden hangers. Rusty hangers are for the most dreadful, what the heck were they thinking costumes

Golden hangers
Shen and Zhao's short program costume
http://media.themalaysianinsider.com/images/stories/2009nov7/1118figure.jpg
Yu Na's sp dress
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/olympics/2010/02/24/short.program.ap/p1.yu.na.jpg
Rubleva's OD dress
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100325/i/r3498704497.jpg
Ryan Bradley's lp costume
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100325/c...9dd13c-52bec556cf5945bc8ed7e79f80929e5d-0.jpg

Rusty Hangers: Elena Glebova lp dress, Nakano's firebird onesy (I feel bad cuz I know her mom made it, but I still love her and her mom by proxy), Ben Agosto FD costume (how can she look so gorgeous only to have him look like a bad Elvis impersonator?)

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I will start with Rusty Hangers: D/S OD costumes. Merly's FD dress. I know she was portraying a character but I hated it.
Elena G. LP Dress. I am sure I will think of more these are just off the top of my head.

Golden Hangers: YuNa's SP Dress; Caro K. LP Dress; Sara M. LP Dress; Joannie's SP & LP Dresses.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Golden Hangers - Laura's red LP dress - and also both of Mirai's dresses. I liked both of Yuna's dresses. And Akiko too.
I liked Patrick's LP outfit - so classy!

I think Ben Agosto had seriously bad costumes for the OD and FD. Wasn't crazy about Tanith's costumes either but she gets away with it better. :love:

Thougt a bonfire would be a good way to be rid of most of Miki and Mao's dresses.

And I hope Kevin's skeleton costume is never seen again except for halloween parties :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Golden: both of Yu-na's, Mirai's and Evans. Diasuke's Freeskate outfit, S&S both programs, both of Laura's ( but she would make anything look good). Davis and White OD and FD ( but though all the CD costumes were amaturish).

Rusty: anything worn by Koklova and Navinsky. Zhang/Zhang free costumes (both). KVDP both programs. Tanith and Ben at the Olympics. Johnny's SP outfit and the one with the fur.

Antilles

Medalist
Golden: Phaneuf's SP & LP dresses, V&M OD, John Kerr and his kilt at Worlds! Chan's LP, Rochette SP & LP

Rusty: definitely Dom&Shab OD, everything K&N ever wear, Kevin V der P's SP outfit, Kavaguti's LP dress, those metallic blue things on the Ukrainians and all of the dance outfits full of flying scraps that supposedly make them look faster.

Ren

On the Ice
Golden Hangers: Yu-Na's SP and LP dresses, Daisuke's SP and LP outfit, Johnny's LP costume, Joannie's SP dress, Davis/White's OD outfits, Virtue/Moir's OD & FD costumes

Rusty Hangers: Miki's Requiem dress at Olys & Cleopatra dress at GPF, some of Mao's costumes this season (lose the chokers, please), DomShab's OD, Kavaguti's LP outfit, Ben Agosto's FD costume

Lilith11

On the Ice
I only watched the Ladies event, so...

Golden: Yu-na's SP and LP dress (the blue was simply stunning and the SP dress fit the song PERFECTLY)
Mirai's SP and LP dress (I loved the gold and black of the SP and the red dress had just the right amount of glamor and style)
Rusty: Mao's SP and LP (o_O What can I say, the clothing was just... wrong, wrong I'm sorry)
Miki (... I don't even have words other than ***)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin:Someone on these boards ( somewhere ) said Mao's costumes looked like they came out of a 19th century French bordello...I couldn't agree more.

Rusty hangers for all , including that optical-illusion-puzzle , headache-inducing exhibition dress.

Most rusty and corroded hangers go to Miki , K/N, all the fussiness and scraps B/A were buried in, Ukrainian V/M's bad Sci-Fi movie look , the skeleton and the straight jacket , Russian D/S ..OD & FD, French D/S..FD. All Schindler costumes. Pernelle Carron & partner ( his name escapes me at the moment, I know there's a Lloyd involved )..FD. Leonova's SP at Euros..too naked by half , too dressy for the program..how could I forget N/B's OD..:confused:

Moderately rusty..Vanessa Crone's CD dress ..Nice from the waist up, too,too much from the waist down. Leonova's SP Oly and Worlds' ...a little more covered each time out ..quite pretty by Worlds, but still too dressy for the program.

life intervenes , I'll have to come back for the golds