Frank Carroll changing rinks | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Frank Carroll changing rinks

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mirai's parents are not well off, remeber they could not even afford to come to Vancouver with Mirai until she got the Panasonic deal. I don't know how much she got for this endorsement and if she will get more in the off season but after not medaling at worlds I would not bet on it. If she wins Nationals next year than she will become a in-demand poster girl but she still has something to prove to marketing departments who don't recognize talent as well as we can.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Here is some news from new Hersh column:

"Nagasu, who lives 45 miles from El Segundo and about 100 miles from Cathedral City, will be along for the ride.

``Yes, I'm going with him,'' she said in the first message, then added, ``If you could raise money so I can move there that'd be great. . . lol.''

Nagasu, 16, was texting from Fort Myers, Florida, where she will be performing in the Smucker's Stars on Ice show that opens a 41-city tour Thursday night. Stars on Ice plays the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., May 1, the Staples Center in Los Angeles May 20 and the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. May 21.

``I'm skating a show today in brand new skates...literally!!!'' Nagasu texted.

She had returned to her California home Monday from the World Championships in Turin, Italy, then flew east Wednesday with her ``chaperon,'' Olympic champion Evan Lysacek.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thanks janetfan.

I guess this means that Mirai plans on commuting from Arcadia. I guess she will be getting her driver's permit soon so maybe she can drive herself by the time the new rink opens.

I am glad that she is officially staying with Frank, it would be tragic to see them seperate after such an amazing improvement in her skating.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
He didn't say anything about Evan, and Evan didn't say anything on his site, facebook, etc. I thought he was going to continue competing.....

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Mirai's parents are not well off, remeber they could not even afford to come to Vancouver with Mirai until she got the Panasonic deal. I don't know how much she got for this endorsement and if she will get more in the off season but after not medaling at worlds I would not bet on it. If she wins Nationals next year than she will become a in-demand poster girl but she still has something to prove to marketing departments who don't recognize talent as well as we can.

All the more reason to sell their house in fancy Arcadia and move somewhere less expensive, even with the housing market down, houses in Arcadia will still sell for a lot of money...

janetfan

Match Penalty
All the more reason to sell their house in fancy Arcadia and move somewhere less expensive, even with the housing market down, houses in Arcadia will still sell for a lot of money...

Maybe they like where they live - and did you consider if they sold in this market they might lose alot?
Being in the restaurant biz is not so easy. If anyone needs to be close to work it is probably Mirai's father. He also needs to be close to good wholesale markets and I doubt if living in the desert or mountains is the best place to get the freshest fish ;)

Anyway - I am sure Mirai's family is thinking about the possibilties and will do what is best for the family.

I bet it would help if Evan returns to training. He could give Mirai rides occassionaly and maybe even rent a place and let her stay there some of the time. She seems like a little sister to him so that could be a possibilty.

Even better would be if Caroline switched to Rafael and moved out near Lake Arrowhead. Then the two of them could be roomies :)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Maybe they like where they live - and did you consider if they sold in this market they might lose alot?
Being in the restaurant biz is not so easy. If anyone needs to be close to work it is probably Mirai's father. He also needs to be close to good wholesale markets and I doubt if living in the desert or mountains is the best place to get the freshest fish ;)

Anyway - I am sure Mirai's family is thinking about the possibilties and will do what is best for the family.

I bet it would help if Evan returns to training. He could give Mirai rides occassionaly and maybe even rent a place and let her stay there some of the time. She seems like a little sister to him so that could be a possibilty.

Even better would be if Caroline switched to Rafael and moved out near Lake Arrowhead. Then the two of them could be roomies :)

Those both sound like great ideas! I know Caroline and Mirai are good friends, and if Caroline goes to Rafael then maybe she'll have a comeback :agree:! And yeah it does seem like Evan and Mirai are buddies, apparently Evan taught her how to drive last summer :laugh:.

autounion

Spectator

Yeah, Evan really is a class act. He's been a positive influence and does care about Mirai. I'm sure Mirai and her family feel so much more at ease that Evan is there when she's on the road with Stars On Ice for the first time.

For Mirai's sake, I hope Evan will choose to continue to compete, and stays with Frank. But I am not so confident about that......

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Yeah, Evan really is a class act. He's been a positive influence and does care about Mirai. I'm sure Mirai and her family feel so much more at ease that Evan is there when she's on the road with Stars On Ice for the first time.

For Mirai's sake, I hope Evan will choose to continue to compete, and stays with Frank. But I am not so confident about that......

Personally I would be VERY surprised if Evan competed again, especially as soon as next season. He is signed on for the whole SOI run and then will certainly feel like a vacation. He has been on the senior scene for about 6-7 years...he won everything of importance, I really don't see him coming back. I would love to see him live near Mirai, maybe start working as an assistnt coach to Frank. Mirai and Evan are just so cute together, he does seem like a big brother or cousin to her.