Shocker Johnny Weir said he doesn't get along with Evan lol | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shocker Johnny Weir said he doesn't get along with Evan lol

sunny0760

On the Ice
Why would they be friends? They live on other sides of the country, Johnny did not to SOI so he could not get to know Evan that way. They only time they meet is pretty much when they compete against one another, and that is not the time for friendships. Even the skaters who are friends (or more than friends) are all business when they are on competition ice. Considering one or the other was the favorite for all the national titles since Johnny was 15....i don't see why they would become besties.

What exactly is Johnny's criteria for accepting Evan as friend?

There is a difference between being friends with someone and being friendly towards them.

I don't really get the friendship thing with him and Mroz, Rippon, Abbott, and Bradley.

I don't know about Evan and Johnny. But several competitors can get along before/during/after the ice shows too.

This is just my impression - Rippon, Abbott, Chan, Lambiel, Weir, Verner came to my country for show performances (and for competitions) more than once. Rippon, Abbott, Verner and Chan, Lambiel seemed to get along very well. Weir and Lambiel seemed to be very close but except him, I don't know how Weir and others got along. Chan seemed to be especially friendly to anyone. Several posters in this forum sound bitter on everything about Chan but I have a very good impression about his personality.

Well, fans cannot exactly know how relationship come and go among skaters. Don't have to expect too high because true friendship generally requires understanding, patience and maturity. But as far as I know, the young skaters/competitors can get along very well like any other young people. If certain two don't get along well, we cannot blame only one. Most likely, we cannot blame anyone.

I don't know about Evan and Johnny. But several competitors can get along before/during/after the ice shows too.

This is just my impression - Rippon, Abbott, Chan, Lambiel, Weir, Verner came to my country for show performances (and for competitions) more than once. Rippon, Abbott, Verner and Chan, Lambiel seemed to get along very well. Weir and Lambiel seemed to be very close but except him, I don't know how Weir and others got along. Chan seemed to be especially friendly to anyone. Several posters in this forum sound bitter on everything about Chan but I have a very good impression about his personality.

Well, fans cannot exactly know how relationship come and go among skaters. Don't have to expect too high because true friendship generally requires understanding, patience and maturity. But as far as I know, the young skaters/competitors can get along very well like any other young people. If certain two don't get along well, we cannot blame only one. Most likely, we cannot blame anyone.
Pray tell me, what does it matter? Should I still be in contact with members of my Track Team? I never was outside of school. Of course it would be nice to see some of them again, but none of them have contacted me. Am I loosing sleep over it? bleh.

Johnny has lots of non-skating celebrity-like friends of whom he enjoys. What could it matter to him? You do know the difference between friendly and friends. No?

silverling

Rinkside

Well.. you bashed my writing hard (and me as a person too). I think you better take care of your own writing. haha

silverling

Rinkside
Who is this poster? Who do you think you are, silverling?
You probablly don't know any of them. Do you? How can you 'personally' attack a certain skater to whom you are a complete stranger?
Your post make me very uncomfortable. Just pathetic.

About the main topic here. So what? I don't care.
But as it was Johnny who said so, I wonder why he had to tell such things to the public. What for?

Neither a Lysacek fan nor a Johnny fan... I have no problem with Evan's winning this time, though.
I don't think Johnny was robbed at olys. Just this. The more I read or hear about Johnny, the more tired I get.
the whole writing- your two writings tell me cleary how much I have to take consider of your writing.

The more I read or hear about Johnny, the more tired I get..
then, Don't read. Why did you read this Johnny thread.-What a funny person.
If you don't even want to hear about Johnny then don't.

Last edited:

sunny0760

On the Ice
Pray tell me, what does it matter? Should I still be in contact with members of my Track Team? I never was outside of school. Of course it would be nice to see some of them again, but none of them have contacted me. Am I loosing sleep over it? bleh.

Johnny has lots of non-skating celebrity-like friends of whom he enjoys. What could it matter to him? You do know the difference between friendly and friends. No?

I did respond to your pervious post and Tinymay's post.
Did I say my impression when they were here? Yes. Some skaters looked friendly together.
So what is your point? We do not know what's going on their personal lives. Did I say I knew something about their relationship?

I noticed there were very personal things told in Chelsea Handler's show. Maybe that's the way the show is about. I don't have many thing to say.

sunny0760

On the Ice
Well.. you bashed my writing hard (and me as a person too). I think you better take care of your own writing. haha

Seeing these two post, I am more convinced that you do not know Evan and Johnny personally and you personally attacked Evan in a very nasty way.
And you still don't know what is wrong.

Whether or not I read or hear about certain skater(s) is not your business.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
No shocker. But it will be tough for fans to speculate which skaters is friend with which skaters. lol All we see is the 7-10 minutes of them on ice on t.V coverage and the warm up not exacting a place to be doing chit chat. It's all business to all the skaters. Of course when both Evan and Johnny are on the podium they just shake hands, part skate politic, part sportman ship, what ever.
But frankly do we care. Unless both are wacking each others knees like Tonya and Nancy, it just some media frenzy to sell story. And chances are both likely to retire as both has found post skating career in limelight and both seem to be enjoying the attentions.

Lets move on to Mao vs. Yuna!! lol (i'm joking)

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
No shocker. But it will be tough for fans to speculate which skaters is friend with which skaters. lol All we see is the 7-10 minutes of them on ice on t.V coverage and the warm up not exacting a place to be doing chit chat. It's all business to all the skaters. Of course when both Evan and Johnny are on the podium they just shake hands, part skate politic, part sportman ship, what ever.
But frankly do we care. Unless both are wacking each others knees like Tonya and Nancy, it just some media frenzy to sell story. And chances are both likely to retire as both has found post skating career in limelight and both seem to be enjoying the attentions.

Lets move on to Mao vs. Yuna!! lol (i'm joking)

Not that into rivalries on or off the ice but c'mon, surely it's a bit serious to suggest Nancy whacked any knees! Talk about blaming the victim! I don't really think Kerrigan was thinking too hard about Harding as a rival by that point anyway, that is, I don't think there was a "rivalry" until the whack heard round the world ... or at least that's how I remember it as an avid fan (then and now). But yes, definitely move on from the really rather dated so-called Evan/Johnny rivalry.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Going OT here, I thought it was kind of rude of Chelsea to exclaim "I'm gonna be nice to you; you're GAY!" What was she thinking?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evan sure isn't nice when he loses.

As to the thread title, no, Evan and Johnny don't have to be friends. I've never taken their "rivalry" seriously. I find it very humorous actually.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
If you are a foreigner, I forgive your grammar, but if you are from America, you should be very ashamed.

Grgranny, Silverling is indeed posting from outside the U.S. Golden Skate is pleased to have active members from all over the world. I personally admire anyone who can participate in Internet forums in a language that is not their native tongue. :clap: I know I couldn't do it! :cry:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
then, it is understandable. I looked up her name and it didn't say. I do wish people would at least put what country they are from.