Rachael Flatt's admission decisions | Golden Skate

Rachael Flatt's admission decisions

FlattFan

Match Penalty
"RachaelFlatt: so the final tally is...... stanford, UCLA, DU, yale, dartmouth, johns hopkins, and princeton!!!!! wow im so excited!!"

WOW!!!! Once upon a time, I got into a few of the 7 listed. I feel like Rachael Flatt minus the downgraded flip. :rock:

In order of preference,
1. Stanford
2. Yale
3. Princeton
4. UCLA
5. Big Green
6. JHU
7. DU

I would be over the moon if Rachael decided to go to Stanford. :love:
And no love from Harvard? Really? :think:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I think she was undermarked at Olys and unenthusiastic at worlds. Her future is in science and I don't think we'll see much of her as the judges have their eyes on so many others. She won't need luck, she has it all. Bye bye Rachel. I loved your skates! Thanx!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
"RachaelFlatt: so the final tally is...... stanford, UCLA, DU, yale, dartmouth, johns hopkins, and princeton!!!!! wow im so excited!!"

WOW!!!! Once upon a time, I got into a few of the 7 listed. I feel like Rachael Flatt minus the downgraded flip. :rock:

In order of preference,
1. Stanford
2. Yale
3. Princeton
4. UCLA
5. Big Green
6. JHU
7. DU

I would be over the moon if Rachael decided to go to Stanford. :love:
And no love from Harvard? Really? :think:

Your preference or hers?

Congrats, Rachael. :)

jennylovskt

Medalist
Rachael is so smart, and hardworking! I don't like her as a skater, but I do very, very much admire her as a person. I think she's about done in figure skating. She'll shine in another prestigious field. What does she plan to study?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
My preference. I don't know what Rachael Flatt likes, unfortunately.
If you can do a triple flip triple toe and get into an Ivy Plus school, I'll be talking about your college choices, too. :p

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Good for her! No matter what she decides, she can't go wrong! Is DU Dartmouth or Duke?

tarotx

On the Ice
A poster on one of the SOI threads I read, said that Rachael told her at the meet and greet she had narrowed her choices to Princeton and Stanford.

Good going, Rachael! In my family, the pursuit of learning is just about sacred. So when I see what Rachael has accomplished by getting into such a wide array of excellent colleges, I'm thrilled. Whether she decides to skate on or not, she has a sparkling future. As one of you said, I'm not overly fond of her skating, but I admire her tremendously as a person. I hope she's aware of the many skating fans who wish her well.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
why is it people can't appreciate her skating>she's very good. Many experts said she deserved 5th not 7th at the olympics...she did not under rotate those jumps acc to many but alas they feel she'as a blip and will be gone to the Ivy league a la Sarah Hughes. I feel she is not getting her due. Certainly not in Vancouver. Americans should be angry for her!
2 great skates Rachel. Good Luck!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
why is it people can't appreciate her skating>she's very good. Many experts said she deserved 5th not 7th at the olympics...she did not under rotate those jumps acc to many but alas they feel she'as a blip and will be gone to the Ivy league a la Sarah Hughes. I feel she is not getting her due. Certainly not in Vancouver. Americans should be angry for her!
2 great skates Rachel. Good Luck!

I don't think anyone would deny she's very good - you don't get to the Olympics if you're NOT very good, I think it's just more that some still find her skating a little boring. At the Olympics I thought her downgrades were unfair but I still would have had Miki ahead of her and maybe Laura too, although certainly not by such a big margin.

John King

Final Flight
I like her as a skater and I like her as a person. For sheer creative silliness, I sent her a t-shirt that had an anagram of her name on it (A Lethal Craft), and received a thank-you letter from her. Sweet, cute, talented and smart.

Wicked

Final Flight
I like her as a skater and I like her as a person. For sheer creative silliness, I sent her a t-shirt that had an anagram of her name on it (A Lethal Craft), and received a thank-you letter from her. Sweet, cute, talented and smart.

That 's really sweet. Good anagram, too! No wonder she appreciated it.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Speaking from experience, I hope that whatever Rachael decides to do cannot be done by indentured servants in China making slave wages. :eek:hwell:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I thought Stanford was her dream school so I surprised she did not make it official that she was going there as soon as she got in!

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
For some reasons, I thought she wanted to go to Harvard. I wonder she did not get in? Anyway, I really admire this young girl. Whatever she chooses to do, I know she will be successful.