Most Beautiful (Current) Ladies Skaters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Most Beautiful (Current) Ladies Skaters

Wrlmy

Medalist
My eyes are fine. It is women's skating for God's sake. WOMEN's! Now I see a bunch of jumping shrimps without any female beauty at all in women's single.

Agreed. It is so rare now to see a woman on the ice who can be noticed off ice too.

Miki? Laura? Mao? What are you people about? Laura is plain. Nobody will notice her if she is walking along the Euro street. Mao is maybe lovely like a toy for elderly women but the thread is about beautiful women, not cute toys.
Oh, Miki. I have never heard any Japanese called her "kawai". It is just some Westerners here who do not know much about Japan and Japanese beauty. Seriously.

Thanks for imposing your extremely enlightening opinion. Now kindly return to your room full of photos of Carmen Electra and please yourself.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Well I was also asking myself how Miki, Mao or Laura cannot be considered women. According to this poster, all skaters seem to be boring/ugly/whatever. probably barbie will do... (Did you know that barbie, if she were a real peron, wouldn't be able to walk because of her proportions?)
how can you not find Laura stunning? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q4-1uB5FT...KT2b91SIwE0/s400/luistelija+laura+lepistö.jpg
and I think in person she's even better than on photos!

Definitely Kiira Korpi and YuNa Kim belong at or near the top of this list. Aliona Savchenko is also stunning. She looks like an eighteenth-century painting of an aristocrat. What a gorgeous couple she and the tall, elegant Robin Szolkowy make. Amanda Evora is lovely, and her radiant smile adds to the effect.

Meryl Davis goes on this list, of course, and Tessa Virtue (what a great name!), and Tanith Belbin. So do Miki Ando and the Asada ladies. I have a special affection for Mao because of that great, straightforward smile when she's happy with life, but she looks gorgeous in glamor photos as well. I'd add Caroline Zhang, and of course Alissa.

Rebellious insertion: Since Michelle skated earlier this season (in YuNa's show in Korea), I add her whether it's within the parameters of this thread or not. So there. And Sasha, since she did skate (yay!) at Nationals.

Plenty more, but this is a good bunch of names for a start. When do we start the guys' list?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
and let´s talk you need perspective, they are athletes, really they look better than a thin woman with boobs, and they are healthy, more than the most "common or standard beauties" because is their job to be healthy and is not exageratted, look the gymnasts, swimmers or marathoners.
Healthier? Obviously you know nothing about professional sport.

Thanks for imposing your extremely enlightening opinion. Now kindly return to your room full of photos of Carmen Electra and please yourself.
Thanks for the offer but it is in a bad taste and therefore absolutely unacceptable.
1. According to this poster, all skaters seem to be boring/ugly/whatever.
2. how can you not find Laura stunning?

1. Not all . I voted for Katarina. You know that.
2. Because she looks plane. But tastes differ. Maybe you have another opinion. Btw her appearance has nothing to do with her personality. Maybe she is a nice person, maybe not. I don`t know. I was speaking about her plain look only.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Miki Ando is really beautiful. So are Oksana Domnina, Nathalie Pechalat, Sarah Meier, Tessa Virtue and Anna Cappellini.

I also think (Mao) has the most beautifully curved forehead. I've heard that transsexual men who undergo plastic surgery get their foreheads injected with something to achieve the feminine forehead, and Mao has that beautiful curve from all angles.

Interesting. Actually, if I am not mistaken that rounded forehead curve is a juvenile trait rather than specifically a feminine one. Some cultures prefer women with childlike appearances.

Same with the issue of slimness. Skimness is admired in some cultures; in others, conventional standards of beauty favor more robust and mature figures.

prettykeys

Medalist
Well I was also asking myself how Miki, Mao or Laura cannot be considered women. According to this poster, all skaters seem to be boring/ugly/whatever. probably barbie will do... (Did you know that barbie, if she were a real peron, wouldn't be able to walk because of her proportions?)
how can you not find Laura stunning? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q4-1uB5FT...KT2b91SIwE0/s400/luistelija+laura+lepistö.jpg
and I think in person she's even better than on photos!
:laugh: During the Olympics, I tried to get my bf to watch figure skating with me. So I told him "You should watch, there are a lot of hotties." He starts making a mini essay about how in general, athletes may be better-looking because athleticism may be linked to symmetry and symmetry is also attractive (he was an athlete, too hahahaha.) Then Kiira Korpi comes on, and I say "see, isn't she pretty?" and he replies "She has a really Barbie-like face." I don't know if he was studying her in wonder or unimpressed; he said it kind of nonchalantly.

Then Laura Lepisto comes on a little later and he says, "Oh, I like her. She's sexy." And...I was intrigued! Anyway, this is one example of a guy who prefers Laura to Kiira (my aesthetic preferences slightly tilt the other way for Kiira, but I think I can see why.) I don't know if he was influenced by Laura's superior skating, but she does have a refined, yet exotic, look. I guess he doesn't go for the Barbie-ideal, which is funny, because his taste in other things (food, clothes, etc.) is so..."white bread".

Someone mentioned Grace Kelly:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0SHV4Xn2N...Bgk/GSDl0ic-Lvc/s400/normal_GraceKellyBig.jpg

Kiira is not quite her doppelganger, but I could see she might look like some combination of Kiira + Laura.

Interesting. Actually, if I am not mistaken that rounded forehead curve is a juvenile trait rather than specifically a feminine one. Some cultures prefer women with childlike appearances.

Same with the issue of slimness. Skimness is admired in some cultures; in others, conventional standards of beauty favor more robust and mature figures.
I don't think the high, rounded forehead is just a juvenile trait; I do think it is a common feature of feminine beauty. The Mona Lisa also has a high round forehead, as does Tyra Banks and Rachel McAdams. Large eyes are also considered more beautiful--they are also associated with infants--but it doesn't mean someone's tastes are for infant-like looks just because they like big eyes. :/

http://images.free-extras.com/pics/t/tyra_banks-768.jpg
http://fredvidal.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/rachel_mcadams.jpg

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am kind of surprised to hear that Mai is more towards contemporary beauty. Isn't that because of the way she wears trendy makeup and does hairdo? I actually think that Mai is also a typical traditional Japanese beauty. I'd say she's more like a mature lady than a doll though.

Mai in Kimono. Classy.
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/122708-7693-7-1.html

Mao in pink Kimono. Very pretty.
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/122709-7693-7-2.html

Mao and Mai in Kimono.
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/122700-7693-1-1.html
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/122702-7693-2-2.html
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/122701-7693-2-1.html

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Singles
Miki, Yu-Na, Mao, Mai, Joannie, Shizuka, Kanako, Yea-Ji Yun, Ashley, Mirai, Alissa, Laura, Kiira, Elene, Sarah Meier, Elena, Sasha, Michelle, Sarah Hughes, etc

Pairs and Ice Dance
Anna, Tanith, Federica, Oksana, Jana, Qing, Tessa, Aliona, Dan, Maria, Amanda, Tatiana, Meryl, Cathy, etc.

:love:

cooper

Medalist
Miki = exotic in a good way
Mao = cute
Yuna = pretty, girl next door
Kiira = classic beauty
Laura = there's something about her, the more you look at her the more she's beautiful

In the end, beauty is in the eye of beholder.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
To me, Mao and Mai almost look like twins. They are the same size and have very similar facial features. I normally think Mai looks prettier but I do think that is mostly because she is trendy and fashionable. Mao doesn't have the best teeth but apart from that she's very attractive. I still think Miki is prettier than both of them though, but TV doesn't do her justice, in person she has very soft facial features and is really slender with the prettiest eyes.

I don't think the high, rounded forehead is just a juvenile trait; I do think it is a common feature of feminine beauty. The Mona Lisa also has a high round forehead, as does Tyra Banks and Rachel McAdams. Large eyes are also considered more beautiful--they are also associated with infants--but it doesn't mean someone's tastes are for infant-like looks just because they like big eyes. :/

Still...high, round foreheads and big eyes are juvenile traits that -- interestingly -- are considered attractive in women who retain them in adulthood.

According to this reference, the whole thing is related to the fact that men approaching maturity develop a larger lung capacity (no doubt in order to run fast, leap about with great vigor, fight wars, etc.) Therefore they need big noses, too (cf. the energetic quad-man E. Plushenko). The nose and expanded breathing passages is what determines the overall characteristics of the face.

# The faces of prepubertal boys and girls are essentially comparable.

# In females facial development slows after about age 13.

# In males, facial development begins to be fully manifested at puberty and continues throughout the adolescent period and into early adulthood.

# A trend is emerging in that most of the same facial features that characterize both headform and sexual dimorphism also relate to differences between children and adults. In all three cases, the nasal area of the face relates to the other facial features in a predictable manner.

So I guess the idea is that women who retain these youthful characteristics are regarded as prettier because they (together with children) are less like men. (?)

http://orthodontics.case.edu/facialgrowth/textbook/chapter8.html

Figure88

On the Ice
I find Miki Ando to be the most beautiful girl. Yuna Kim is beautiful, too. She has the ideal body type for figure skating. Tessa Virtue is quite stunning. The other girls are very attractive, but none of them stand me to as these three. It might be just personal taste but I find Hollywood notion of the conventional beauty to be kind of boring. I find unconventional beauty a little bit more refreshing and interesting.

Last edited:

hurrah

Medalist

:laugh: That must be the most unsexiest description of beauty ever!!

I also saw a documentary on Channel 4 or BBC --- forget which --- about beauty, and they talked about the fact that there has been a growing trend to see juvenile features of beauty as more beautiful than mature features of beauty.

The program also talked about how we're living in an unnatural period in history in that in pre-modern ages, a beautiful woman was a rarity, but now, because of prevalence of media, we are unnaturally inundated with images of beautiful women everyday, and it makes us more conscious of what beauty is.

I personally think that beauty is now almost common place. Even ordinary people can become 'beautiful' because plastic surgery is so readily available, and advancements in nutrition and supplements and all that means we are more easily able to take better care of ourselves to maintain our skin and hair and so forth.

And so the next development in definition of beauty should be that you have to conform to the classic definition of beauty, and yet to have something 'abnormal' or 'ugly' about you at the same time, to stand out, so to speak, because being just beautiful is common place.

And so some people have mentioned Meryl Davis, and I have to say that personally, I find her almost ugly, but I find it totally believable that she could be considered beautiful and will perhaps be regarded as the most beautiful, just because she's so idiosyncratic looking.

Has anyone mentioned Emily Samuelson? She's one of my favorites to look at. Everything about her is adorable, from the red hair to the pointed toes.

prettykeys

Medalist
So I guess the idea is that women who retain these youthful characteristics are regarded as prettier because they (together with children) are less like men. (?)
Yes, I agree. Those traits are not considered masculine ideals of beauty.