Most Beautiful (Current) Ladies Skaters | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Most Beautiful (Current) Ladies Skaters

One or two years ago, there was an article about Miki and Mao in a German newspaper. The journalist said that Mikis beauty is the kind that is admired by Europeans at an Asian woman, but Maos beauty is the kind that Japanese people admire at a Japanese woman. The article suggested that in Japan Mao is regarded as more beautiful than Miki. I have no idea if this is true, though.
It struck me the other day how much Mao looks like the women in classic Japanese woodblock prints.

http://www.japankunst.eu/japanbild/s02732_e.htm
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...official&tbs=isch:1&ei=Ioi-S-PcLIK88gbC2piICQ
http://www.robynbuntin.com/ItemDetail.asp?ProductID=2044
This is a more modern version:
http://www.castlefinearts.com/searc...Artist=85&searchArchives=&pageno=1&pn=1&rpp=9

Miki's face is quite different. I never thought of it as more Western but it also doesn't remind me of Japanese art. They're both exquisite. Mai too, of course!

Phoenix347

Final Flight
Mao is definitely classic Japanese idea of beauty.

an ugly, fat and not good looking man with a thin and pretty girlfriend. Beauty is in the eye of beholder.

Beauty is sometime in the eye of how big the bank account is... :laugh::laugh:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Belbin and Virtue are stunning. Yu-na doesn't have very strong facial features which restrict her to a certain character or style of music. She can be anyone she wants on ice. Miki is gorgeous. Kiira is as well.

Barb

Record Breaker
1. Mao Asada (she is a doll, and she has the most perfect skin, like a baby)
2. Yu-na(she has very nice figure)
3. Kira (another doll)

others beauties are Dan Zhang, Ashley, Laura, Joannie, Miki (someone can explain to me why all the figure skaters are so pretty, seriously:unsure:)

Last edited:

bibi24

Final Flight
I think Laura is the most striking of all the women, she is beautiful. My son was about to fall asleep during the skating when Laura came on; he perked up then! :laugh:

How old is your son? :rolleye: (just want to know which crowd of Laura's type attracts :biggrin:)

For me,
- Mai Asada- modern asian beauty, Mao is more traditional CUTE, but becoming a fine lady nowadays to quote Daisuke
- Laura
- Rochette- love her strong presence and determination.. Girl POWER!

hurrah

Medalist
I love Mao, and that includes her looks. Mai, her sister is good looking in the modern Asian beauty sort of way, but Mao looks like a maiko. It's not just her face, her voice and personality is like a perfect maiko. (Maiko is a person who is training to be a geisha.)

I also think she has the most beautifully curved forehead. I've heard that transsexual men who undergo plastic surgery get their foreheads injected with something to achieve the feminine forehead, and Mao has that beautiful curve from all angles.

Kiira Korpi is drop dead gorgeous. She could be a Hollywood actress.

Miki is sexy. Most men would prefer Miki to Mao, I bet.

Laura Lepisto has that je ne sais quoi. Maybe it's because she has an Asian look and yet she's European, so that makes her seem exotic.

Tanith is hot and gorgeous, too. The only thing is, her voice has a twang to it that I do not find particularly attractive.

Yuna is attractive, and she's an interesting case because her face has changed over the years. She used to have an ephemeral type of beauty when she was around 16 (around the time she was performing Lark Ascending). Now, she has a certain look of moxie that makes her striking-looking.

Other ladies look beautiful, too. I've always found Ashley very beautiful in a porcelain doll kind of way. Top athletes do tend to look beautiful.

chronos13

Rinkside
Yuna Kim - she looks so ethereal and angelic

Kiira Korpi - she has a classical old Hollywood look

Tessa Virtue - she and Scott Moir make the most beautiful and perfect couple

Tanith Belbin - she's a bombshell

Miki Ando - I would say that she's beautiful but sometimes she doesn't look very attractive because looks unhealthily skinny like a skeleton. I wish she would eat a big juicy hamburger or something.

Bennett

Record Breaker
It struck me the other day how much Mao looks like the women in classic Japanese woodblock prints.

http://www.japankunst.eu/japanbild/s02732_e.htm
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...official&tbs=isch:1&ei=Ioi-S-PcLIK88gbC2piICQ
http://www.robynbuntin.com/ItemDetail.asp?ProductID=2044
This is a more modern version:
http://www.castlefinearts.com/searc...Artist=85&searchArchives=&pageno=1&pn=1&rpp=9

Miki's face is quite different. I never thought of it as more Western but it also doesn't remind me of Japanese art. They're both exquisite. Mai too, of course!

The first three links, no (they look too masculine), but the last photo looks like Mao.

Miki, she's more like cute and sexy in a contemporary sense, esp with her tanned skin, makeup, and hairdo.

Last edited:

treeloving

Medalist
For me Mai Asada is the most beautiful.

Kiira, Tanith Miki plus a list of Russian is hottttt.

Mao and Kanoko is cute,they look good with or with out make up.

Shisuka is so classy.

For Yuna I found her to be mixture of beauty cuteness and hotness.

wallylutz

Medalist
Kiira has the potential to be a superstar but she is soooo inconsistent. It's a shame.

Well, she can be a superstar in another field where she doesn't need to put on skates at all. Though I don't know if she has the skills to be successful as an actress since appearance alone may not be enough.

wallylutz

Medalist
others beauties are Dan Zhang, Ashley, Laura, Joannie, Miki (someone can explain to me why all the figure skaters are so pretty, seriously:unsure:)

Especially in Ice Dance, where we tend to find the highest concentration of beautiful men and women in Figure Skating. In Singles, you can be so so looking and still do well, if you have the right skills. There is undeniably a beauty factor in Figure Skating. Beautiful people have an easier time to get jobs in this world and tend to get paid more as well. The same can be said about beautiful skaters as they tend to have an easier time getting higher marks as well or at least be perceived as good in what they do.

Your look, more like the way you come across to the audience and the officials, including the judges, is very important. That's why skaters in general are good looking or at least, make an effort to look good with certain notable exceptions. An example of a skater whose appearance really holds him back would be Kevin Reynolds of Canada. This guy can do more Quads than anyone still competing today, including Plushenko and doing Quads that even Plushenko never landed in competition with such a consistency. But if you can believe it, this guy didn't even qualify for an Olympic spot after landing 2 different Quads + 8 Triples, including two Triple Axels at his Nationals. Quite honestly, his unpolished look really hurt him the most and his hair is an often mentioned criticism. It makes you want to give him a makeover.

Ice Dance tends to be the least objective of all events, in such case, the look is even more important than ever. That's why most Ice Dancers look gorgeous and the winners, almost always look picture perfect.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
So a woman without big boobs isn't beautiful? :scratch:
If you can't find a single lady from all those gorgeous skaters out there beautiful, there must be something wrong with your eyes... seriously
My eyes are fine. It is women's skating for God's sake. WOMEN's! Now I see a bunch of jumping shrimps without any female beauty at all in women's single.

most female ice-dancers are stunning Oskana Domnina is very classicaly beautiful, and has legs that can kill
Agreed. It is so rare now to see a woman on the ice who can be noticed off ice too.

Miki? Laura? Mao? What are you people about? Laura is plain. Nobody will notice her if she is walking along the Euro street. Mao is maybe lovely like a toy for elderly women but the thread is about beautiful women, not cute toys.
Oh, Miki. I have never heard any Japanese called her "kawai". It is just some Westerners here who do not know much about Japan and Japanese beauty. Seriously.

Barb

Record Breaker
Especially in Ice Dance, where we tend to find the highest concentration of beautiful men and women in Figure Skating. In Singles, you can be so so looking and still do well, if you have the right skills. There is undeniably a beauty factor in Figure Skating. Beautiful people have an easier time to get jobs in this world and tend to get paid more as well. The same can be said about beautiful skaters as they tend to have an easier time getting higher marks as well or at least be perceived as good in what they do.

Your look, more like the way you come across to the audience and the officials, including the judges, is very important. That's why skaters in general are good looking or at least, make an effort to look good with certain notable exceptions. An example of a skater whose appearance really holds him back would be Kevin Reynolds of Canada. This guy can do more Quads than anyone still competing today, including Plushenko and doing Quads that even Plushenko never landed in competition with such a consistency. But if you can believe it, this guy didn't even qualify for an Olympic spot after landing 2 different Quads + 8 Triples, including two Triple Axels at his Nationals. Quite honestly, his unpolished look really hurt him the most and his hair is an often mentioned criticism. It makes you want to give him a makeover.

Ice Dance tends to be the least objective of all events, in such case, the look is even more important than ever. That's why most Ice Dancers look gorgeous and the winners, almost always look picture perfect.

well, but what about Plushy, in what planet and dimension he is considered atractive?:p, anyway I have another theory, In Mexico, I dont know other countries, the rich people is more atractive, because you know rich people can choose the atractive people for partner easier. then like the people that practice FS is almost always rich people, then is the most beautiful people.:think:

and let´s talk you need perspective, they are athletes, really they look better than a thin woman with boobs, and they are healthy, more than the most "common or standard beauties" because is their job to be healthy and is not exageratted, look the gymnasts, swimmers or marathoners.

sorry my english

Last edited: