Oda will marry, and be a dad?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Oda will marry, and be a dad??

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
OMG I had no idea he was even in a realtionship! And we were talking about how he was too juvinille! lol. A baby will force anybody to grow up really fast. I wonder what this means for his skating. I would imagine that he would feel pressure to get a steady job to take care of his new family.
Congrats to him, I imagine he would be a great father!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
He does look babyish in so many ways, but he also looks like a type of person who grows into a good husband and a father in the future:)

Agreed. He seems like a very sweet and kind person. I wish him and his bride all the best with thier new family!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
If he continues to compete, I think this will improve his skating. Having a child can result in a person gaining more maturity and a greater depth of emotion.

Or at least it will make him seem less immature to judges.

Bennett

Record Breaker
He'll have multiple roles: a husband, father, student, and skater.

As a skater, he needs to find a new coach/choreographer and start fresh after what happened at Oly and Worlds. As a husband/father, he needs to support the family at least during the time when the wife is taking off from work for giving a birth. Getting adjusted to a marital life per se can also be a lot of work. As a student, he needs to get enough credits and do some internship at a primary/secondary school because he wants to become a teacher.

Each deserves full-time commitment and most of the said roles are new for him. This past season, he was taking the leave of absence from school, staying with the same coach/choreographer Morosov, and was not married or a father. It would be an understatement to say that it would not be easy to do them all. I think that he would eventually need to make a decision about his priority. Otherwise, things could get unorganized.

ETA: Retrospectively speaking, his interview in the beginning of April is a little puzzling. He said that Morosov decided without talking with Nob even though he assumed that he would follow wherever Morosov went. But if Nob were to marry at this timing, moving with Morosov would have been out of question anyway.

ETA2: I had thought it possible that he had made the marriage decision after that interview in early April. Now that I have learned that Nob would train in Canada, however, he might have actually been hoping to train in Russia despite his marriage had Morosov been willing to bring him.:eek:

Last edited: