Suggestions for Plushenko's new programmes | Golden Skate

Suggestions for Plushenko's new programmes

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
How nice of him to ask!

Please, Plushy, no more Marton! :laugh:

How about Pirates of the Caribbean? Plushy swashbuckles around the ice like no one else! He would make a super pirate!

Bijoux

Match Penalty
How about using Beatles music. The whole catalog offers so much he could skate to. Would "back in the USSR" be too much leading up to Sochi?

gmyers

Record Breaker
He does a lot of Spanish stuff so maybe he could do something french like his exhibition. Or Russian like I read in his forums.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
That was cute. He was a whole lot less villan-esque there than at the olympics. I would love to see him do that French number again that he did for the Vancouver exhibition. That was cool and different.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
That was cute. He was a whole lot less villan-esque there than at the olympics. I would love to see him do that French number again that he did for the Vancouver exhibition. That was cool and different.

"je suis malade." I am sick. i am not sure what he was saying, maybe he was sick about the silver? Anyone know what the lyrics were about? He did it very well, Passionate Plus!

Seniorita must certainly have some ideas for him. I just hope never to see "Sex Bomb" again.

He could look at all the virtuoso ballet music and work with the best dance choreographers in Russia. Perhaps Le Bayadere or Firebird for an LP. Actually I think he could do better than weir with an SP dance mix of Lady Gaga. He really is so versatile.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Je suis malade, is a love song that talks about despair and emotions for the person that is not there anymore, something like that..i m not good at this. The number has a big success in his tour now.
I suppose he asked for shows idea in this video cause I dont think he would skate back in competitions. But in any case, i would prefer plush to skate even to Beyonce rather than see him skate to firebird...:unsure:
Actually my dream would be Hisaishi's music, especially Princess Mononoke main theme, but I m not sure he would pick a music with the title princess:laugh:

domenico

Spectator
I would suggest 3F, 3A, 3Lz+3T for the SP. Apparently, this is loosing 4.3 base value points, but every other competitor would be so shocked in not seeing 4T+3T, 3A, 3Lz to be completely unable to skate properly :)

stevlin

On the Ice
movie theme music like Todd Eldredge would choose.

more importantly, spread your jumps throughout the entire program and follow the new judging system.;)

gmyers

Record Breaker
more importantly, spread your jumps throughout the entire program and follow the new judging system.;)

Yes certainly get rid of the quad/triple. It is nice but really really 6.0. That is why no one is winning with that now. Now winners are doing all triples and five triples plus after the halfway point.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How about Pirates of the Caribbean? Plushy swashbuckles around the ice like no one else! He would make a super pirate!

as a huge PotC fan.... NO. I don't want to have that wonderful music marred by his 'choreography' please :laugh:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I liked Plushenko´s Vancouver exhibition number very much. If he could bring that kind of performing into his competitive skating, I would appreciate it.

Generally I hope from his future programmes: "nothing to do with Marton anymore", please.... I also think that having a good CoP choreography with transitions, one that actually would be created to the music and skated to that music, would be a wonderful change. I don´t want to see empty, frontloaded programmes from him anymore. If he is unable to adjust to CoP, it would be best to retire, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mafke

Medalist
My suggestions:

Get the arms under control and stop looking like you're trying to wave away a swarm of bees.

Do _not_ pucker lips like a New Jersey Guido.

Do _not_ shake hips.

Learn a new word: T-R-A-N-S-I-T-I-O-N-S

Get outside comfort zone.

That is all..... for now.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I liked Plushenko´s Vancouver exhibition number very much. If he could bring that kind of performing into his competitive skating, I would appreciate it.

Generally I hope from his future programmes: "nothing to do with Marton anymore", please.... I also think that having a good CoP choreography with transitions, one that actually would be created to the music and skated to that music, would be a wonderful change. I don´t want to see empty, frontloaded programmes from him anymore. If he is unable to adjust to CoP, it would be best to retire, in my opinion.

I think that the frontloading and lack of transitions all stems from the quad/triple he does. It is the same thing with Joubert who also does a quad/triple. The issue with them is just because you can do something doesn't mean you should if it limits the potential to do other things. Like who does a quad/triple or quad/double and is seen to have great transitions and backloads jumps? No one because they don't exist. Eventually no skater will do quad combos.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
well that's too bad, I like seeing the quad combos. Very difficuly, exciting and beautiful. And Masculine!.

Big Deal

Final Flight
The only thing I wish he could understand : ENTERTAIN, DON'T IRRITATE !

Thank you. Would be nice to see a soft program with human-like feelings or sense of humour.