If you could meet any skater and ask any question, who/what would it be? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If you could meet any skater and ask any question, who/what would it be?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure what I would ask, but I would definitely want to meet Midori Ito.

I don't think Kurt's all that guarded. He's pretty frank - and has been lately as well - when it comes to what he sees in skating. He just is more polite when commentating than, say, Dick Button.

And, yeah, he has that power to make a girl feel woozy, but I managed to stay on my feet (though I look completely psycho in the photo). Kurt made me cry.

How lovely, Tonichelle! I just read your post that you linked to. Oh, man; now if I ever meet him, I will not only faint--I'll revive and bounce off the walls to the ceiling. That guy is as wonderful off the ice as he is on. He's always been my favorite male skater anyway, but now I add him to the top of what I call my "swoon list" as well.

Remember when he didn't medal at his last-chance Olympics, the 1994 Games, and fans in Canada donated gold jewelry to make him a special medal? Plainly he deserves it on all levels.

So I'd want to meet Kurt, even if I end up speaking nothing but gibberish in his presence, but I'd still like to meet Paul Wylie as well, and Michelle, and Yuka.

Final Flight
i've possibly met all of the current skaters at 2009 worlds...except for delobel/schoenfelder

i would ask Isabelle to teach me how to do their signature move - looks like laying down on ice.

jennylovskt

Medalist
I don't have any important question to ask skaters. The skater I wanted to meet the most right now is Patrick Chan. I want to tell him that he will be very much loved if he could learn from Michelle Kwan how to handle the press and deal with the relationship of fellow competitors.

Wicked

Final Flight
I'd like to get a bunch of skaters together and get them to pick music for their competitors to skate to. Could you imagine what Johnny would pick for Evan?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I want to ask many what flavor of ice cream they like but i am always embarassed to ask. :eek:

berrycute

On the Ice
I would ask Jeff Buttle if he wanted to go see a movie with me or something. I think we would make a hella cute couple...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My husband keeps asking me to ask the figure skaters we meet "Who are your favorite cartoon characters?" I'm too embarrassed to ask that though. :laugh:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Off the topic, but this is one of the nicest threads full of appreciation of skaters. I thank the poster who started it.:)

Trewyn

Medalist
Takahiko Kozuka: ask him if I can hug him.. He looks so hug-able. But I'd chicken out. I had my chance in Turin. At least I saw him smile at a 50cm radius. That was great too :p

nubka

Final Flight
I'd like to meet Plushy! Instead of asking questions, I'd probably be more apt to tell what him I enjoy about his skating... :thumbsup:

I would LIKE to ask Sasha about her training habits in order to discover whether there is any truth in the persistent rumor that she's lazy, underprepared, and unwilling to work on her weaknesses - I'm so tired of hearing this theme repeated without evidence! But in reality I would never be able to be so rude!

Layfan

Record Breaker
I would LIKE to ask Sasha about her training habits in order to discover whether there is any truth in the persistent rumor that she's lazy, underprepared, and unwilling to work on her weaknesses - I'm so tired of hearing this theme repeated without evidence! But in reality I would never be able to be so rude!

I'm kind of the same way. If I could meet any skaters and ask any question it would be:

1. Sasha Cohen. Does she wish she had started her comeback sooner? Does she regret those three years she took off from competitive skating?

2. Yuna Kim. How come you don't point your feet?

But obviously, I'd never ever ask those questions if I got to meet them as a fan! That would be so rude! I'd just tell them they are two of my all-time favorite skaters and try to let them know how much joy their skating brings me.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Mikoto, do you mean Pasha Grishuk the Ice dancer? Are you referring to the scandal where she stole away I think, Alexander Zhulin? I recall NBC even telling us she wore his wedding ring around her neck. She is the only famous Pasha I know.

Pasha stole away Zhulin? I have always thought it was the other way round, an about 10 years older man seducing a young girl of eighteen, a teenager....

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Takahiko Kozuka: ask him if I can hug him.. He looks so hug-able. But I'd chicken out. I had my chance in Turin. At least I saw him smile at a 50cm radius. That was great too :p

Oh i want that too for takahiko :eek:. You should totally try it and tell me if it works :p Once i asked plushy for a hug and i thought i would die right after, but i got it plus i got a kiss as a bonus and now it has become a regular thing whenever i see him:biggrin::cool:

Oh i want that too for takahiko :eek:. You should totally try it and tell me if it works :p Once i asked plushy for a hug and i thought i would die right after, but i got it plus i got a kiss as a bonus and now it has become a regular thing whenever i see him:biggrin::cool:

Really, Seniorita? How cool. I guess that gives me hope for future encounters with Kurt Browning (at whose feet I will surely faint).