New coach for Denis Ten? | Golden Skate

New coach for Denis Ten?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mirai Nagasu tweeted the following yesterday:
# my coach just confirmed that denis ten will be training in CA soon...i wonder what that will be like...

It's hard to read. Not sure if that means he's going to be coached by Carroll or if he's going to someone close by (like Artunian perhaps?).

But it's interesting that he's heading to the states.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And then I found this. Translated from a Russian Web site: (http://www.time.kz/index.php?newsid=15611)

Now Ten (has?) a new mentor - an American, Frank Carroll, who recently led to a sensational Olympic gold in Vancouver his copatriot, Evan Lysacek. Also with Carroll (worked) with world champion in figure skating Michelle Kwan. A Contract with Frank has not yet been signed, said Yuri Guskov (federation guy?) but he was ready to work with our figure skater. Ten will go to the U.S. in May after returning from a business trip in Europe where he is in a show with Evgeny Plushenko. Regarding the conditions of the contract, it will not cost more to be coached with Carroll then to work with Voderezovky (former coach)

Bad translation, if anyone can read Russian, maybe it's more clear..

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Very interesting. Very Interesting. I think this move will do wonders for Ten.

jennylovskt

Medalist
I think that Denis Ten will be a serious contender in competition soon. Frank Carroll is a master on many things. He is a great coach.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Basically, just says that Carroll will be coaching Ten though the contract isn't yet signed. It does also says that Michelle Kwan is now working with Carroll.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Basically, just says that Carroll will be coaching Ten though the contract isn't yet signed. It does also says that Michelle Kwan is now working with Carroll.

Is there any other news about Michelle working with Carroll?
Michelle seems busy - but it could be possible for her to have some time this summer - maybe to work with Mirai :think: :)

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm just going to assume they meant that Frank worked with Michelle but that would be so awesome if they actually coached/worked together like TT and Petrenko.

chronos13

Rinkside
So, has Frank Carroll officially confirmed that he'd be coaching Denis??

If so, I'm so glad and relieved. All that talent was going to waste. After his showing at last year's worlds, I thought he'd be in the top ten at Vancouver but he plummeted. Someone needs to make proper use of his artistry and technique and get him on the right track. I'm hoping to see him on top at Sochi!!

Daena

Rinkside

I think it's journalist's mistake: this guy Vasiliev is not very knowledgeable about figure skating. He is all about soccer mostly.