Another skater id | Golden Skate

Another skater id

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it'd probably be easier if we knew what year it was... and then you could search based on shows that Kimmie did with Brian Boitano.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I believe it was at a Disson show. I THINK the band is Chicago but I could be off.

"It’s not New Year’s Day without a Brian Boitano Skating Spectacular. This year’s, which airs at 4 p.m. ET today on NBC, features the ‘88 Olympic gold medalist and current host of the Food Network’s What Would Brian Boitano Make? performing — along with Michael Weiss, Yuka Sato, Kimmie Meissner, Alissa Czisny, Steven Cousins, Elena Leonova and Andrei Khvalko, and Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon — to live music by Chicago."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAiovlcB8I

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks MM. Looks like we at least have it narrowed down to an event. That helps...

The two guys facing the camera are James Pankow (trombone) and Walter Parazaider (saxophone). Does that help? :rofl:

yunasashafan

On the Ice
In that case, I think it's definitely Yuka. She does not look anything like Alissa, Elena or Marie-France (she'd be much taller)

R.D.

Record Breaker
In that case, I think it's definitely Yuka. She does not look anything like Alissa, Elena or Marie-France (she'd be much taller)

I think you're right. This skater seems to have a similar build frame as well. Ok, I'll take your word for it.

Very nearly went in the Meissner folder. Good thing I asked...thanks y'all ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Depends on whether or not Bebe participated in that new year's show though. I don't think she did so that would rule her out, effectively...

MM said:

It could still go in the Meissner folder (cross referenced, of course.)

Yeah, I know, I could do that...thing is, though, that's not the way I've been doing it for 8+ years...If a photograph contains more than one skater that I currently have a folder for, rather than put the same photo in both folders, I simply put it in another folder called "Photos with multiple skaters". I have folders for both Meissner and Sato. With over 80,000 photos now it's a bit late to do a re-sorting :laugh: but this was originally done to a) better manage duplicate images and b) better manage the size of the collection.