Should Yu-na Kim retire or continue to compete? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Should Yu-na Kim retire or continue to compete?

Basics

On the Ice
I think for her sake, her happiness, retirement is best. Nonsense? SHE says she wants to skate shows around the world. Obviously her Korean fans will be disappointed as she's the sole proprieter of FS in Korea. It's not like you won't see her in shows, on TV, in commercials. She has lived for her fans and Korea. Don't her super fans want her to be happy? Should she skate for you even tho she's done with competing? So it seemed at worlds.

ok, princess. we already got your point. you don't have to repeat it. she will decide whatever is best for her.

princess9

On the Ice
My point was called nonsense. Why is it her countrymen are so oversensitive to ANYTHING they disagree with? BTW, I "will decide" if I want to respond. Noblesse Oblige, yes????

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Lol. Way to respond to someone's biased generalizations with another biased generalization. :rolleye:

LOL!
I really think the heavy music and all the emphasis on the triple axel really hurt Mao's artistic qualities. If you look at her programs from 2007 and 2008, it's full of all sorts of expression.
I always like the cute sholder shake from her 2006-2007 LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OYs7gOGyCE&feature=related

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
LOL!
I really think the heavy music and all the emphasis on the triple axel really hurt Mao's artistic qualities. If you look at her programs from 2007 and 2008, it's full of all sorts of expression.
I always like the cute sholder shake from her 2006-2007 LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OYs7gOGyCE&feature=related

I agree. :) Mao's skating has always had a aspect of subtlety but that doesn't mean she's not artistic. I just found the description of "Japanese skating style" as stiff a bit funny, because what about Yuka Sato, Yukina Ota, and our current World Champion Daisuke. All extremely expressive skaters who reach out to the audience.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
:mad:I want both Yuna and Mao to retire!!! No more Korean and Japanese skaters in the same discipline. :mad:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I know Yuna is very vocal about turning pro if she doesn't continue. I'm just wondering if there is enough money/recognition in the pro circuit? What else is there? :think:

Scott Hamilton is pushing for a rebirth of the pro competitions like the World Pros... he's turning into his generation's Dick Button in that respect. It'd be completely possible if Joannie and Yuna along with others join in, IMO.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Scott Hamilton is pushing for a rebirth of the pro competitions like the World Pros... he's turning into his generation's Dick Button in that respect. It'd be completely possible if Joannie and Yuna along with others join in, IMO.

If the format of the pro competition Scott is trying is of legit and competitive nature, I think Yuna could possibly bring in a big sponsor like Samsung, which would help sustain the competition for longer period of time not to mention bigger prize money.

Queens Guy

Rinkside
OK,thank you for your advice. I really appreciate that. I always thought Koreans are emotional and overly sensitive about everything but you seems to be different.
First, I'm here to improve my English because normaly I don't have time to study English.
Second, I'm slightly play devil's advocate here. Because even if there's a problem people pretend here nothing has ever happened. I'm really sick of hypocrisy . There seems to exist Don't ask, Don't tell policy here.
So, what are problems?
Here they are.
1)Yuna's been wearing braces to straighten her teeth,then why do you Yuna fans pretend she is natural beaty.
2)Johnny is not invited to SOI while Micheal and Alissa are performing there. It is unacceptable. Why do you guys tretend it's nothing to do with homophobia.
3)In general, Japanese skaters don't go to school and they are just given diplomas. Then why do you guys pretend they take education very seriously.
4)I appreciate diversty. Yuna's being robotic is ok unless with that quality she command the whole skating scene and wins every event. If that happens then it means system is simply dysfunctional.
5)Well, I have a Chinese friend who is my classmate.Recently he had his money stolen. We went to police station and you know what police men simply didn't have a will to solve a problem.It was about 4000$ in US $ and he is in trouble to finish his education here in Korea. If you are a caucasian Korea is heaven.Every one is kind to you and every one wants to be friends with you. But if you are an asian or black, they look down on you and you'll feel humiliated every day. And if you are a Japanease it is worse. Is it racism or nationalis or what?
OK, it is enough. I stayed all night doing homework. I'm too tired to talk about Yuna's claim to be interrupted by Mao and Miki.
So long.

Candidate for the dumbest post ever in GS.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If the format of the pro competition Scott is trying is of legit and competitive nature, I think Yuna could possibly bring in a big sponsor like Samsung, which would help sustain the competition for longer period of time not to mention bigger prize money.

judging by his critque on how Button ran the World Pros back in Scott's day I'd have to say I think it would be very legit and fair.

brownfox

On the Ice

Sounds promising.

Last edited: