Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Latest rumors involving Yuna and Mao

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I just heard that Yu-na and Mao are going to train in Russia with Morozov and Ando next season. They're hoping for a group discount (each a current or former world champion) JUST KIDDING!!! Sometimes you wonder who makes this stuff up.

parma

On the Ice
Mao's side probably made an offer to Orser and other coaches in the world a while ago as she was shopping for a new coach. It is just dated intel. Nothing new about it. Mao has narrowed her choice down since then to Japanese coaches.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I just heard that Yu-na and Mao are going to train in Russia with Morozov and Ando next season. They're hoping for a group discount (each a current or former world champion) JUST KIDDING!!! Sometimes you wonder who makes this stuff up.

Yeah, I heard that Dai and Morosov miss each other and want to resume their coaching relationship in Russia. Therefore, Dai is studying Russian; Miki is already fluent. But the Russian Fed wants them to switch their nationality.

rtureck

Final Flight
What exactly does economic impact mean? I'm under the impression it's like , hm, the influence someone might have on the economy--like, if it's Yu-Na:

*her successes generate interest and income for Korea's skating program, increased media devoted to FS, more skating-related events
*her endorsements generate sales, possibly leading to more jobs/increased wages for the companies, as well as raising their stock value
*the sales of the products she endorses means there's spending, money is being circulated, better economy?

Someone please explain? :)

Actually at the last economic summit they estimated tht Yuna success will solve the Greece national debt crisis

Credit from Squallb at the YuNa Forum:
http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1523

Yes, yes, another thread involving Yuna and Mao but.......

http://sports.media.daum.net/genera...?cateid=1076&newsid=20100423191511103&p=nocut

Hmmmm. This is getting interesting...:laugh:

Yet another gift brought to GS from yuna forum rep. I thought Mao asked Brian Boitano not Orser

Last edited:

Basics

On the Ice
Cooper, I think it's good idea to put all the Yuna related topics into one Yu-Na news thread, so nobody complains. :agree:

ryoko

Rinkside
Mao's manager denied the rumor

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20100425-622183.html

Mao's manager denied the Korean media's reports regarding the coarch offer to Orser. The manager said " This is nothing but a groundless rumor. I have no idea why this rumor was started in Korea." This person also denied the future offer to Orser.

I'll post more reliable sources if I find.

http://news.nate.com/view/20100425n02015

As soon as I find english or japanese version of this article I will post it as well.
In this interview, Orser says although it was not an official offer, he was asked to consider (about coaching asada) by IMG right after Torino Worlds. Orser verified that he was asked once.
This issue is basically rubbish, but I don't think Orser lied about the offer.

sunny0760

On the Ice
As soon as I find english or japanese version of this article I will post it as well.
In this interview, Orser says although it was not an official offer, he was asked to consider (about coaching asada) by IMG right after Torino Worlds. Orser verified that he was asked once.

I agree that this 'rumor' is rubbish.
The Yonhap news transtlation(not all but part of the same article)
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2010/04/25/0200000000AEN20100425000800315.HTML

In this article, 'Asada's agent' is IMG which happens to manage Orser too.
It seems that 'the offer' was not an official one and just once.
I would blame the person from IB who abrubtly told the issue to a Korean media in the first place.

cooper

Medalist
I agree that this 'rumor' is rubbish.
The Yonhap news transtlation(not all but part of the same article)
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2010/04/25/0200000000AEN20100425000800315.HTML

In this article, 'Asada's agent' is IMG which happens to manage Orser too.
It seems that 'the offer' was not an official one and just once.
I would blame the person from IB who abrubtly told the issue to a Korean media in the first place.

Well, Yuna's contract with IB ends on Arpil 30. Coincedence?

Hanaka

Rinkside

Now it's time for IMG, not Asada's personal agent, to show up in public and show their thoughts about and make an announcement about Mr. Orser's word that he was actually asked by IMG to consider coaching Mao at Torino, before this rumor(or fact?) is getting endless.

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
The Korean and Japanese reports are contradictory. Mao's agent denies of making such a request, while Orser says that he was asked by "Asada's agent" to consider. I think it's most likely that someone at IMG asked him about it but never told Mao's side about it.

Ren

On the Ice
The Korean and Japanese reports are contradictory. Mao's agent denies of making such a request, while Orser says that he was asked by "Asada's agent" to consider. I think it's most likely that someone at IMG asked him about it but never told Mao's side about it.
Did Brian actually use the term 'agent'? I was under the impression that he said IMG. So yes, I agree with you that your scenario (that a person from IMG asked but probably didn't tell Mao's personal agent) is the one that happened. Brian says it was just the once, and unofficial, anyway...

Last edited:

tarotx

On the Ice
Whoever told the papers about this is the dirty one. Someone wanted to spread some dirt on a non story. Mao wants to train in Japan. She has a lash training facility there. It's the reason she never moved to Russia to train with TT. Top IMG officials probably thought it was a great Idea to have their best skater with the Olympic winner's coach. There is nothing dirty about that. In USA gymnastics all the girls flock to the winning coaches so imo it wouldn't have been dirty even if Mao had asked. The philosophy goes something like: If you want to be the best go with the best. All it would have been is an admitting that Yu Na's coaching/choreography situation was a better decision then her own to go with TT.

cooper

Medalist
Whoever told the papers about this is the dirty one. Someone wanted to spread some dirt on a non story. Mao wants to train in Japan. She has a lash training facility there. It's the reason she never moved to Russia to train with TT. Top IMG officials probably thought it was a great Idea to have their best skater with the Olympic winner's coach. There is nothing dirty about that. In USA gymnastics all the girls flock to the winning coaches so imo it wouldn't have been dirty even if Mao had asked. The philosophy goes something like: If you want to be the best go with the best. All it would have been is an admitting that Yu Na's coaching/choreography situation was a better decision then her own to go with TT.

If it's not dirty, then it sounds like unprofessional to me if the reports are true. Given the history of IMG and Yuna.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If it's not dirty, then it sounds like unprofessional to me if the reports are true. Given the history of IMG and Yuna.

riiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt if you do business as you've always done and somehow exclude ONE SKATER because of a CONTRACT DISPUTE (which means HER agency is ALSO playing hardball) you're evil.

please. :rolleyes:

tarotx

On the Ice
Orser is IMG represented. They had easy access to him. An IMG rep could have said something as simple as wouldn't it be nice to be the coach of the current Olympic champion and the current world champion? Imo the only one being unprofessional is whomever released whatever this was to the press almost a month later.

cooper

Medalist
riiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt if you do business as you've always done and somehow exclude ONE SKATER because of a CONTRACT DISPUTE (which means HER agency is ALSO playing hardball) you're evil.

please. :rolleyes:

In this case.........................................................yes.