Virtue/Moir continuing on into 2010/2011 season | Golden Skate

Virtue/Moir continuing on into 2010/2011 season

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Link

Quote that I liked

They’ve won the Olympics and the worlds, so it’s not just about winning anymore. It’s about pushing the sport, and themselves, to new heights.

“When I look back on my life, at my skating career, and I won the Olympics and I was fourth at the next one, it’s not going bug me,” Moir said. “We want to experiment.”

Moir said coach Marina Zoueva recently told him to start thinking about a new direction for next season, with the explicit instruction not to come up with anything predictable or boring.

“She said: ‘Start from the weirdest stuff you can find, and try to discover something’ ”, Moir said. “So we’re wide open.”

Emphasis mine.

feraina

Record Breaker
I am sooooooo happy that they are going to keep competing and coming up with new things. :love: :love: :love:

modernaire

Spectator
I loves it! :love: They're such a graceful couple and kudos to them for deciding to come back after winning the gold.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
To be honest, I never thought B&A would be 4th at this Olympics, and particularly not that they would be surpassed by 2 other North American teams.

Between rule changes, injuries, and the quality of up and coming youngsters, anything can happen.