Johnny Weir article - very outspoken | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir article - very outspoken

ranjake

Final Flight
I just don't think Johnny has any right to infer anything about Evan's sexuality when he refuses to allow anything to be inferred about his own. He should give Evan the same courtesy he demands. It's just classless. I've never seen Evan be a whiner. I've never seen Johnny be one, but the SOI debacle was based on an OPINION by his agent; not an SOI statement. I love Johnny(I love Evan,too) but Johnny goes too far sometimes. I think HE is the one who is preoccupied with Evan. Watch "Be good, JW"- before any competition...it's all about: "I'm competing against EVAN" or "At least I don't have to see EVAN". It gets old. I like funny, snarky Johnny. I dislike bitchy-diva Johnny. Johnny's great, amazing, unique- but I've come to the conclusion that he REALLY doesn't listen to anyone.

princess9

On the Ice
Well, this begs the question of exactly why Nastia, Evan's stated current girlfriend has had zero to say? Other than the posing I saw during Oly coverage, she has not been on the scene. I would think she would say something subtley supportive and nice if she is indeed his new squeeze. I wonder how Tanith and Evan ended their relationship? When Michael Jackson was accused of being gay, I recall Lisa Marie saying a few times he was not and that it was a real marriage. Evan could use support as he clearly wants a heterosexual image. I think that's fair to say.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Well, this begs the question of exactly why Nastia, Evan's stated current girlfriend has had zero to say? Other than the posing I saw during Oly coverage, she has not been on the scene. I would think she would say something subtley supportive and nice if she is indeed his new squeeze. I wonder how Tanith and Evan ended their relationship? When Michael Jackson was accused of being gay, I recall Lisa Marie saying a few times he was not and that it was a real marriage. Evan could use support as he clearly wants a heterosexual image. I think that's fair to say.

I really don't think Nastia and Evan are "together" right now, if they ever were. After she announced to People right after he won Gold that they were together (more orless those were her words), and he denied it she has not bee photographed with him, as advoided his twitter page never showed up for a DWTS taping etc. Evan has been seen in the company of other ladies. I think he thought of her as a cute friend, maybe a little more, but was certainly not about to commit to being her "boyfiriend" she got mad, etc. This is all speculation of course.

With 'straight' guys, most like to 'make out', not necessarily fall in love.

Does it really matter if anyone is gay? It's no longer sinful, or criminal what with all the divorces in the straight world.

Let's judge Evan and Johnny on their skating.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Yeah, I'm sure that Evan is so jealous of Johnny. Evan has nothing going for him except an Olympic gold medal, a world championship, two US. titles, among other skating accomplishments. And sponsors. A headliner spot on Stars On Ice. A gig on Dancing With The Stars, a show that is #1 most of the time in the TV ratings. At least a couple of TV skating shows coming up, and probably more. I don't think that Evan has the time right now to record a song and write a book (if he really wanted to).

Evan's started singing now? Wow. he's really becoming all around.
I think Johnny's the jealous one... they used to be neck in neck and now Evan's clearly in a class above Johnny. It's clear that everyone - including Evan - is sick of this.
And if Evan and Nastia were dating (which I was never sure of) they must have broken up by now. Since the Olympics, I haven't seen a single new photo or tweet, and she hasn't been at Dancing With The Stars.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kerry fan - no, Johnny Weir is singing and writing a tell all book.

John King

Final Flight
I really don't follow figure skating gossip. Can any of these quotes be documented? At least it didn't become physical as with thoser two US Ladies.

If you're refering to Tonya & Nancy, for the hundredth time, it was Tonya's exhusband and his goons that carried out the attack! Tonya's alledged involvement in planning it would have to render the Scottish verdict "Not Proven".

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Johnny Weir used to be one of my favorite skaters, but he's really turning me off. He's being incredibly immature and overreacting over a comment Evan made without thinking. We all make mistakes and Johnny just needs to move on. Evan's acting fine, he's just trying to defend himself, and Johnny's brought it to the point where Evan can't "ignore" it. This is really bothering me and I have removed myself from Johnny Weir's fans on Facebook.
Also, Johnny was supposed to room with Evan in Vancouver, but he refused and roomed with Tanith instead. Other than Tanith, Sasha and Lambiel, I don't think he likes ANY skaters very much.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

I wonder what Johnny will think when he looks back on these photos in 30 years. Will he realize how he made himself ridiculous in his quest for short-lived fame? Will he laugh at the good times? I just wonder if Johnny has give any thought to his future past next weeks appearances. Although he still denies it, it seems pretty obvious he will not compete again. maybe do his fantasy show with Lady Gaga? How long will that last? 10 appearances if that? Lady Gaga has other things on her plate. He was interested in fashion school but has not dedicated himself to that and after seeing his fashion sense I don't see a career in that particular field.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I wonder what Johnny will think when he looks back on these photos in 30 years. Will he realize how he made himself ridiculous in his quest for short-lived fame? Will he laugh at the good times? I just wonder if Johnny has give any thought to his future past next weeks appearances. Although he still denies it, it seems pretty obvious he will not compete again. maybe do his fantasy show with Lady Gaga? How long will that last? 10 appearances if that? Lady Gaga has other things on her plate. He was interested in fashion school but has not dedicated himself to that and after seeing his fashion sense I don't see a career in that particular field.

I agree with you - although it is hard to deny Johnny has hit the the big time getting his picture taken with red hot super celebrity Kelly Osborne!!!!! :laugh:

Doesn't this make Orser and Boitano look better and better?

Orser was in the "Plushenko position" in the 1988 Olympics, so to speak--he lost by the 6.0 version of less than a point, as I recall. Yet he was always gracious about Boitano, and Boitano was always a gentleman back to him. I will never forget reading that Boitano, acutely conscious of Orser standing a step down on the podium--on home ice at that--during the medal ceremony, decided not to make too big a fuss about his victory so as not to rub Orser's face in it. Adult behavior in the public spotlight! Amazing to behold.

I generally admire Evan as a skater, as a hard worker, and as a person. I like Johnny's skating, but his behavior is beginning to wear on me. My feeling about Evan's one snippy comment is that it was out of place, but nobody's perfect, and he's probably suffering from extreme sleep deprivation these days in any case, and anyway, he apologized. If he's hiding something about his personal life, well, that's what a personal life is! Personal. I wish Johnny would find another way of putting himself in the spotlight and not belabor the point.

Evan did what everyone at the Olympics tried to do: practiced hard and skated his best, in hopes of winning the gold. No skater does that (as far as I know) to get back at another skater. Skaters try to win because that's the point of a competition. When Tara beat Michelle in 1998, I was disappointed in the outcome, because I love Michelle's skating, but I didn't think the victory was Tara's "fault." She did her best, and she won the gold. Good for her! Likewise, Evan did his best this year, and he ended up with the gold. He didn't set the judges up so that things would come out his way. He competed and won, this time. Someone else will win another time. So it goes. Johnny should let his skating speak for itself. Whoever said he was sounding like high school is right.

Last edited:

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight

In ten years, I predict Johnny will cry when he looks at these photos and interviews. He's really damaged his public image. I am very sorry that so many skaters I liked in the past have really damaged themselves this year.

If you're refering to Tonya & Nancy, for the hundredth time, it was Tonya's exhusband and his goons that carried out the attack! Tonya's alledged involvement in planning it would have to render the Scottish verdict "Not Proven".
Actually, I agree with this and I would reinstate her as competitive skater. The one thing that haunts me, is Did she know about It? and if so, is that reason enough for her banning her? I can't answer that.

Johnny Weir used to be one of my favorite skaters, but he's really turning me off. He's being incredibly immature and overreacting over a comment Evan made without thinking. We all make mistakes and Johnny just needs to move on. Evan's acting fine, he's just trying to defend himself, and Johnny's brought it to the point where Evan can't "ignore" it. This is really bothering me and I have removed myself from Johnny Weir's fans on Facebook.
Also, Johnny was supposed to room with Evan in Vancouver, but he refused and roomed with Tanith instead. Other than Tanith, Sasha and Lambiel, I don't think he likes ANY skaters very much.
I was wondering if Johnny has lost much of his huge fan base due to recent gossip about him?

princess9

On the Ice
I don't think he ever lost his die hard fans. They love that he disses Evan. Johnny has an international following. It seems they just expect him to be as he is. He can do no wrong with his long time fans. I love his skating and really don't follow the other stuff but he's made me laugh many times at his antics. I enjoyed seeing Galina, Petrenko and everyone else laugh with him in the kiss and cry with the red roses crown on his head. Its only figureskating after all and most fans are rather forgiving of him. He's like a 14 year old in some ways. I personally don't make much of any of the off ice silliness. He needs lots of attention, clearly! LOL.

ballerynna

Rinkside
From the new comms that popped up after the Olys, I think Johnny gained new fans. I don't know if he lost any of his fans before 2010 but the ones he just gained are still there

janetfan

Match Penalty
From the new comms that popped up after the Olys, I think Johnny gained new fans. I don't know if he lost any of his fans before 2010 but the ones he just gained are still there

Not true for me. Never a big Weir fan I enjoyed his Olympic programs and good sportsmanship.
His actions since then have led me away again.