U.S. Figure skaters announce off-season changes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure skaters announce off-season changes

^^
It's sad to see them go, but they will always be US Champions (C/O) and Olympians (N/B). Best wishes to Kim and Brent, and Brooke and Ben, and thanks for all the beautiful skating. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what Wester and Barantsev are doing? They didn't do well last time I saw them, I think they were coming off injuries (?) but a couple of season ago I thought they were great.

What about Kristine Musademba? I saw she's listed for some USFSA funding but how's she doing? I know she was injured.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Jennifer and Daniil were in a show in China recently per Jennifer's facebook... I know she's working very hard with designing costumes for skaters as well as her figure skating couture line. I think they may have moved on, but I hope not. I really love watching them skate.

Nice! I didn't know she did costumes. What's the diff between costumes for skaters and skating couture? Has she done costumes that I would have seen at Nats or internationally? Thanks for the update.

I don't speak out much about the Ladies. So much of what they do, all their competitors do. Only Mao has the jump and Carolines has The body contortions None of these show me great skating as they do great tricks. However, everybody for their own tastes. Sitting through 30 female skaters and be assured you will see double axel, 3x2, and assorted 3s. (Maybe Mao should win). And also see the invevitable Bielman spin, layback spin, and Camel spin. There is also the convoluted spins (Maybe Caroline should win)

There is also the change edge spirals and the ever popular catch foot spiral. (so many win that.)

All these tricks are not done with much Flow between them and their transitions appear to me to be standard. No lady is able to skate like Magnuson or Fleming today (I omitted Kwan so as not to change the subject).

Sitting through 30 Men is somewhat better because, in general, they are more musical, more speedier, and they seem to defy the CoP and [COLOR= A"red"]TAKE RISKS[/COLOR]
Of course, this is what I see in the Events and I think it shameful that the compulsory dances are omitted. I wont go into the acrobatics of Pairs although it is easier to watch once you get into those BIG CONVOLUTED LIFTS with no rapport.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Nice! I didn't know she did costumes. What's the diff between costumes for skaters and skating couture? Has she done costumes that I would have seen at Nats or internationally? Thanks for the update.

she designed their costumes in their last Nationals... I'll have to look at her stuff again to figure out who else they've designed for
the figure skating couture is a series of tshirts, pants, and other clothing that anyone can purchase.

here's a look at some of the costumes she's designed/worked on - http://www.wb-on-ice.com/sc/costumegallery/gallery1.html

Last edited:
On that site I see squares with costume detail. Is that all there is?

So she did her Singing in the Rain dress? Loved it. Loved the whole program.

I dunno about skating couture. Guess I have to see it.