Vote for USFSA Reader's Choice Award | Golden Skate

Vote for USFSA Reader's Choice Award

Interesting: it's open to "all figure skating fans." Hey, that could mean me! Thanks for the alert, Math. I forgot that this is the Michelle Kwan award.

Evora and Ladwig are a good choice. I thought they did an exquisite job at the Olympics especially.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I don't think anyone needs to guess who I voted for :) I don't see why he wouldn't get it- he won the Olympics and the GPF. Davis and White might get it though, since they won an Olympic medal, World medal and their second national title.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I wanted to vote for Mirai but decided to cast a vote that reflected the actual accomplishments of the skater as opposed to who I enjoyed the most.

One skater reached the pinnacle of success in his sport arguably against the deepest and most competitive field in Olympic history.

Olympic Champion Evan Lysacek got my vote.
It also appears the guy is becoming a pretty good dancer :laugh:

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
It's hard to think of a more deserving U.S. skater. Incidently, this is finally back on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaJhRrVFQAE

It's when I first became an Evan fan. Awesome moment. So Frank Carrol coached Evan to fourth place place at his first Olympics and he skated to Carmen in the FS. Sound familiar? Here's hoping a certain other skater coached by Frank follows a 4th place finish with a GM at her second Olympics.:love:

janetfan

Match Penalty
It's hard to think of a more deserving U.S. skater. Incidently, this is finally back on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaJhRrVFQAE

It's when I first became an Evan fan. Awesome moment. So Frank Carrol coached Evan to fourth place place at his first Olympics and he skated to Carmen in the FS. Sound familiar? Here's hoping a certain other skater coached by Frank follows a 4th place finish with a GM at her second Olympics.:love:

Thanks, I haven't seen that for ages. Interesting that Evan scored a personal best in his LP in Torino - and then did it again four years later in Vancouver.
Gosh, what a great competitor he is. :thumbsup:

Maybe Mirai can follow in his footsteps. Does this also mean she will skate to Scheherazde for her LP music in Sochi? :)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I voted for D&W, although Evan would be a worthy recipient of this award, too.

Here's why: D&W skated their very best, or nearly their very best in every competition in which they competed this year. They won Nebelhorn, CoR, NHK, the GPF, and US Nationals. They won a silver medal in their first Olympics and won their first world medal (silver). They are the number one ranked team by both the ISU and icenetwork in dance. Furthermore, they attracted a lot of attention to ice dancing from people in India with their OD.

Evan did no Senior B, was second at CoC, first at SA, placed third at the GPF, and was 2nd at Nationals, and did not skate at worlds. To counter, he won Olympics, but the award is for the season, not for a single event.

Secondly, Evan won this award last year. I always want a repeat winner to show me a little bit more to win again. That's just me.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I voted for D&W, although Evan would be a worthy recipient of this award, too.

Here's why: D&W skated their very best, or nearly their very best in every competition in which they competed this year. They won Nebelhorn, CoR, NHK, the GPF, and US Nationals. They won a silver medal in their first Olympics and won their first world medal (silver). They are the number one ranked team by both the ISU and icenetwork in dance. Furthermore, they attracted a lot of attention to ice dancing from people in India with their OD.

Evan did no Senior B, was second at CoC, first at SA, placed third at the GPF, and was 2nd at Nationals, and did not skate at worlds. To counter, he won Olympics, but the award is for the season, not for a single event.

Secondly, Evan won this award last year. I always want a repeat winner to show me a little bit more to win again. That's just me.

D/W are deserving and would have been my second choice. Based on the entire season they were spectacular.

I do believe Evan also won the GPF as well as the OGM.
Still both are good choices as well as several other skaters and teams.

princess9

On the Ice
I think Davis and White are the best, most fair choice. They also are just wonderfully entertaining.