Grandma's back home! | Golden Skate

Grandma's back home!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she got a great mother's day gift yesterday afternoon - she was released from the hospital. spent the first hour home on the phone calling everyone she could think of to tell them she was home... wore herself out and she went to bed. it was 5pm :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's a good sign...I'm happy for you.

Blue Bead

Medalist
This is great, Toni! Now that she's out of the hospital is she the type that you have to sit on to get her to rest and recuperate? If so, I have a feeling that the family members will be busy for a while keeping tabs on her to make sure she obeys her doctor's orders, LOL. How often will she be getting the chemo treatments?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This is great, Toni! Now that she's out of the hospital is she the type that you have to sit on to get her to rest and recuperate?
Yes, she is. Thankfully with her still so weak from the stroke it's easier to keep her DOWN lol

How often will she be getting the chemo treatments?

I don't know, she's taking it orally so *shrugs* I don't know how it works.

Blue Bead

Medalist
Yes, she is. Thankfully with her still so weak from the stroke it's easier to keep her DOWN lol

I don't know, she's taking it orally so *shrugs* I don't know how it works.

The reason I asked about the chemo treatments, the people I, personally, know who have had either the intravenous or oral treatments have been so tired for from one to a few days after each session that they were too tired to do much. This may work to keep your grandma from overdoing stuff during her recovery period, lol. In any case it will be important to keep a close eye on her.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great news Toni. Your Grandmother sounds like a strong spirited woman with a sense of humor. She has the right ingredients for a
speedy recovery. Wishing her the best!