World’s most expensive skating dress? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World’s most expensive skating dress?

Lilith11

On the Ice
I wonder how much Yu Na paid for her 007 SP dress. I heard that all the bead works were done by hand.

I'm not sure, but I do know the woman who made it spent 200 hours on it o_O Could anyone here give an estimate as to how much a custom made, handmade dress w/200 (or possibly more) hours of production would cost? Added in w/the cost of the materials (those rhinestones could NOT have been cheap) and the name behind it (same designer as Joannie's)?

silverfox

Rinkside
Michelle's dress was made with hand sewn Swarovski crystals. She wore the dress at 2002 SLC for the skate around at the end of the exhibitions. It was impressive with the sparkle of the crystals and the American flag sewn on the front of the dress. She's worn it at a few other events. But it was much too heavy to wear in competitions.

rtureck

Final Flight
Totally off topic. The world's most inexpensive skating dress would be MK's orange/off white rag dress (hand me down from Linda). She skated beautifully in the rag dress for the EOE program

skatesindreams

Rinkside
Totally off topic. The world's most inexpensive skating dress would be MK's orange/off white rag dress (hand me down from Linda). She skated beautifully in the rag dress for the EOE program

Peggy Fleming said that her mother made her chartreuse 1968 Olympic LP costume for $25.00!
The color was inspired by the licquer of the same name, made in the vicinity of Grenoble.
She thought that the French public would understand the "reference", and be impressed.

Last edited:
Peggy Fleming said that her mother made her chartreuse 1968 Olympic LP costume for $25.00!
The color was inspired by the licquer of the same name, made in the vicinity of Grenoble.
She thought that the French public would understand the "reference", and be impressed.

Oh, I remember reading that about the color! Thanks for bringing it back to mind. I think Dorothy Hamill also had a modest-looking long-sleeved costume for her Olympic long program, though I don't know how much it cost. After that, everything seemed to go crazy.

My favorite costumes are often the simplest ones. The streetwear-looking slacks and shirt Paul Duchesnay wore for "Missing," for example, along with Isabelle's red dress, made such an effective ensemble. I also loved the everyday-looking outfits Sale and Pelletier wore for "Love Story."

MKFSfan

Medalist
Last edited: