Anabelle Langlois Retiring; Cody Hays looking for new partner | Golden Skate

Anabelle Langlois Retiring; Cody Hays looking for new partner

Antilles

Medalist
That's surprising and too bad to hear. I hope Cody finds himself another great partner. I'm sure they will both do well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
While GS does not go into rumor and gossip, Anabelle's been open about her personal life. She and Patch were a couple off the ice. This was well documented in the media, especially the year they stopped skating together. She also dated Cody.

Am not surprised that she is retiring.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Am not surprised that she is retiring.

I am not surprised either, but a bit sad because I like her skating a lot. I remember her most with Archette from worlds 2003 in Washington … must have been her best placement, 5th: SP to Harlem Nocturne, LP to Tosca and the wonderful I'll always be there in the gala(where she jumped up sideways in a spectacular way and A fortunately catched her) Other performances to remember are The umbrellas in Cherbourg and the SP at olympics with Cody to Fascination :clap:

Can't find any of these performances on the net though :scratch:

Good luck to Annabelle with coaching and life :thumbsup:

lavender

Record Breaker
Thanks Tonichelle. I was watching a couple of her performances and a commentator mentioned she was partnered with Patrice and there was mention in another video of an on and off relationship. I just wasn't sure they meant with Cody or Patrice.

Antilles

Medalist
Snowflake, I think the move you are referring to is the Underhill&Martini created Leap of Faith.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Snowflake, I think the move you are referring to is the Underhill&Martini created Leap of Faith.

Thanks, interesting. I know nothing about Underhill & Martini, but I am not surprised that the trick is called Leap of Faith :eek:

Fun to dig up Annabelle's and Patrick's gala performance from worlds 2003, which I am sure I have a video of somewhere.