Evan Skates before DWTS Cast | Golden Skate

Evan Skates before DWTS Cast

janetfan

Match Penalty
Here is a nice article about Evan's recent SOI performance in LA in front of several of the DWTS cast members and pro dancers.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2010/05/evan_lysacek_puts_dwts_on_ice.php

"Professional dancer Chelsie Hightower sang Evan’s praises afterwards."

“He was amazing,” Chelsie told In Touch after the show. “I was freaking out and wanted to jump out of my seat!”

Good luck tonight to Evan. Any predictions on who will win the coveted Mirror Ball trophy?

I admire people who do quads as much as any of the rest of you, but you have to say something for a guy who gives every ounce of his strength to the task at hand. Clearly, Lysacek doesn't skimp on anything he signs on for! No wonder Frank Carroll thinks so highly of him.

That kind of work ethic will get my admiration every time. Who was it who said that genius is two percent inspiration and 98 percent perspiration? (I think it's attributed to Thomas Edison, but I'm not sure.) Lysacek earned every carat of his Olympic gold medal—he certainly didn't achieve it on star power or reputation.

Another nice aspect to this report: Notice that Mark Ballas choreographed his skating number. I really like this cross-pollination of skating and dancing. It will add to skating's luster, and I'm sure that it will cause a certain crossover of fans from the hugely popular dance show. Now if only TV executives get a clue and schedule a skating show to capitalize on this...and not one hustled off to Sunday afternoon, either.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
I admire people who do quads as much as any of the rest of you, but you have to say something for a guy who gives every ounce of his strength to the task at hand. Clearly, Lysacek doesn't skimp on anything he signs on for! No wonder Frank Carroll thinks so highly of him.

That kind of work ethic will get my admiration every time. Who was it who said that genius is two percent inspiration and 98 percent perspiration? (I think it's attributed to Thomas Edison, but I'm not sure.) Lysacek earned every carat of his Olympic gold medal—he certainly didn't achieve it on star power or reputation.

Another nice aspect to this report: Notice that Mark Ballas choreographed his skating number. I really like this cross-pollination of skating and dancing. It will add to skating's luster, and I'm sure that it will cause a certain crossover of fans from the hugely popular dance show. Now if only TV executives get a clue and schedule a skating show to capitalize on this...and not one hustled off to Sunday afternoon, either.

That was one of the few nice posts I have ever read about Evan on these forums. Thank you! I can't imagine how excited his DWTS castmates must have been to see Evan in his realm. I really do think Evan will win DWTS. The statistics and history are on his side--the past three Olympic gold medalists on the show (Kristi Yamaguchi, Apolo Anton Ohno and Shawn Johnson) won, and perhaps tonight Evan will be the fourth =)

princess9

On the Ice
Nicole deserved her win and is a dancer as we know. It must have been tough on Evan, all that jetting around. I watched very few episodes, will eventually catch them on youtube. I have to say I prefer Evan the skater. His dancing overall has been described as wooden. I think his celebrity helped him. I preferred Erin but she does not have his current popularity. I hope the experience helps him be a better skater. Nice chunk of change, that's for sure.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have to say I prefer Evan the skater. His dancing overall has been described as wooden. I think his celebrity helped him.

Only twice earlier have I seen it mentioned that Evan was wooden, and those comments by fans of "you know who", LOL.

I thought that Evan showed great improvement during the show, and the Quickstep (the earlier as I have not seen the one from the final), Argentinian Tango and Paso Doble were really fantastic. Besides, I think that it was wrong to choose Nicole into this show because of her strong dancing background. I saw somewhere mentioned that perhaps the name of the show should be changed into "Dancing with the Dancers"...

Anyway, I think that Evan has every reason to be real proud and happy about his achievement (and that is the impression I have gotten from his interviews) and it´s sure that he has won lots and lots of new fans because of this show.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hey, if DWTS wants a ringer to win, next season I hope they pick Ben Agosto-IMO he could wipe the floor with all this year's contestants :laugh:

Hey, if DWTS wants a ringer to win, next season I hope they pick Ben Agosto-IMO he could wipe the floor with all this year's contestants :laugh:
It would interesting for all lovers of Skate Dance to see one of them on the show. The "Battle of Ice and Floor". Ben would be a good choice.

princess9

On the Ice
Only twice earlier have I seen it mentioned that Evan was wooden, and those comments by fans of "you know who", LOL.

I thought that Evan showed great improvement during the show, and the Quickstep (the earlier as I have not seen the one from the final), Argentinian Tango and Paso Doble were really fantastic. Besides, I think that it was wrong to choose Nicole into this show because of her strong dancing background. I saw somewhere mentioned that perhaps the name of the show should be changed into "Dancing with the Dancers"...

Anyway, I think that Evan has every reason to be real proud and happy about his achievement (and that is the impression I have gotten from his interviews) and it´s sure that he has won lots and lots of new fans because of this show.

He did well. I just think Erin came further and prefer her dancing. He did well to get second and maybe he would have gone further were he not juggling so much. Nicole indeed had an advantage.

Jaana. who is "you know who?" I actually think wooden, as in stiff does describe it. Someone on FSU was a bit less charitable saying he danced like he had arthritis in every joint which is really unfair, not true and if only I could dance like that, I'd be happy. Evan really wasn't the best, but they should not allow people who make their living as dancers to compete.

Personally, I think Evan is a very good, enjoyable skater to watch. It's easier to be a good dancer than a good figureskater, IMO, having been good at one and lousy at the other. It kinda made me feel a bit bad for Evan to see the three gold Olympians there in the front row cheering him on. So now Evan's dislikers will say he ruined the winning streak. Hey, he was pretty good, considering all.