So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think I need to think about naming a daughter Lauren (if I ever get married and have kids) because every Lauren I've ever seen is gorgeous.

just a random thought that was brought on by this show tonight.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think I need to think about naming a daughter Lauren (if I ever get married and have kids) because every Lauren I've ever seen is gorgeous.

just a random thought that was brought on by this show tonight.

Should I send you a picture of niece Lauren? Warning, my niece can be 'possessed' at times. One second, she's sweet and loving. The next moment, she's throwing a tantrum or totally doesn't want to be around you. Of my brother's 3 kids, she's the most moody - and I'm comparing the kids at their comparable ages.

heyang

Record Breaker
Really enjoyed Adechike's hip hop with Comfort tonight. The Paso Dobel with Jose was ok - I'm sure both lacked some technique, but I also wonder if Jose's extra lack of training contributed more than Adechike's. When one performer is 'less' than the other, it either makes the performance unbalanced or brings it down.

In Lauren and Robert's salsa, I felt there were a couple of spots where Lauren could've punctuated the beat with more hip movements, but not sure if she missed or if it wasn't part of the choreography.

Why is everyone getting hurt, and when they reportedly were expected to have an amazing #. I thought Kent did ok with the Stepping, but it wasn't 'all that' for me.

Wonder if Billy will dance tommorrow or not. It's not the same as Alex and Ashley - he has the option.

For me, Jose should be in the bottom 3 with Billy. Not sure who I would pick to join them, but I'd like to see Jose go home.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really enjoyed Adechike's hip hop with Comfort tonight. Why is everyone getting hurt, and when they reportedly were expected to have an amazing #.

I was wondering the same thing...and ...it seems like the guys with the good technique who are getting injured.

heyang said:
but I'd like to see Jose go home.

Yeah, I think it's time too.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder why no one was sent home this week???

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
because the judges really like Billy, plain and simple. If they kept him and sent Robert or Jose home people would scream unfairness because they sent the other two dancers who were injured home instead of the other two in the bottom three. Judges really showed their hand last night, IMO. Billy's pretty much safe to the end.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
because the judges really like Billy, plain and simple. If they kept him and sent Robert or Jose home people would scream unfairness because they sent the other two dancers who were injured home instead of the other two in the bottom three. Judges really showed their hand last night, IMO. Billy's pretty much safe to the end.

Thanks Toni, I thought there was something strange about it...oh well. I would rather see Billy in the finals than Jose...I like all the dancers right now but judging based on dancing...Jose needs to go.

heyang

Record Breaker
Essentially, each of the judges wanted to eliminate a different person and wouldn't budge. So, no majority. What Nigel told each of them was the reason that the judge against them wanted to eliminate them. Jose - not learning enough outside of his expertise. Robert - not growing. Billy - not dancing when he has the option. The one's who wanted to keep Billy probably felt strongly that he is growing the most of the bottom 3. I also think that 2 of the 3 judges believe that Robert is growing, too. and I think the one's who didn't want to drop Jose likely felt strongly that either Billy or Robert should go before Jose.

It's weird, but I kind get it. If I was a judge, I'd want to get rid of Jose but would be concerned that some would say that it's unfair for Billy to stay when he didn't dance. In the past, there have been dancers who couldn't perform on the night of the performance show, but were able to dance for their lives - I'm pretty sure that these dancers are usually eliminated, as well. And, of course, there have been some where the dancer just couldn't continue who are always eliminated. What do you do with a dancer who didn't at least do a solo on elimination night?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I get such an Evan Lysacek vibe from Robert - though I think Robert is more polished a dancer lol.

The Bollywood thing gave me flashbacks of Blades of Glory/Evan v. Johnny without the mean spirited rivalry.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, here's my predictions and my opinions

Jose will go home

The only person that I think is really SAFE is Kent.

I'm kind of hoping the other to go home is Robert or Adechike

But.........I think it might be Billy because he's been in the bottom 3 more, I think.

I would love to see Billy and Kent duke (dance) it out in the finals.

heyang

Record Breaker
I 'pray' that Jose is eliminated tonight. Compared to the other contestants this year AND the past b-boys on the show, he is far from the strongest b-boy'er in the history of SYTYCD. I really don't get the love gushing from the judges.

I'd prefer that Billy or Robert be the next person to leave after Jose. As well as Billy did this week, he has been in the bottom and there could be a backlash after last week's non-elimination. Robert's good too, but just prefer Adechike.

Adechike's issues are confidence related IMO. Last night's ballroom with a fellow competitor was hard for him because it was out of his comfort zone and he wanted to be a good partner. Lauren's done ballroom more than Adechike ( I think) and I believe Robert's the only other competitor who partnerd a fellow contestant in ballroom.

At least, last night, the judging was more even handed and realistic for this stage of the competition.

When does America decide who's eliminated? I thought I read somewhere that America's vote would decide after Top 5. Is it a final 2 this year?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When does America decide who's eliminated? I thought I read somewhere that America's vote would decide after Top 5. Is it a final 2 this year?

Well now we know that next week America decides who is in the finals. I guess I'm OK with the outcome. I do think Billy was great. I'm just glad that Jose finally went home.

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree Dee....I was also surprised that Lauren was in the bottom 3 instead of Robert - just based upon past voting.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
was surprised Lauren was in the bottom three, but am happy Robert was safe. Kent's the last one of the dancers that I just can't seem to like.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now since Billy went home, I hope that the final 2 are Adechike and Lauren. Kent & Robert remind of 2 young boys...very silly.

heyang

Record Breaker
Now since Billy went home, I hope that the final 2 are Adechike and Lauren. Kent & Robert remind of 2 young boys...very silly.

Looks like a final 3, unless there's a surprise non-elimination? There's just this week and then the finale is next week.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think this is a fantastic top four... My personal top three are Robert, Lauren and Adechike... I just can't get into Kent's persona... Robert and Lauren are great dancers, and Adechike's story pulls at the heart.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I saw Lauren during tryouts...I thought she does everything so big. Kent is the best dancer, then Lauren, Robert & Adechike. I would assume that Kent will win. I would think that Adechike goes home tonight.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No surprises, Adechike got the boot. My fingers are crossed for Lauren.

heyang

Record Breaker
I was bummed that Adechike didn't make it into the final 3, but he should be proud of himself, regardless. He's overcome a lot of obstacles and has a good outlook on life.

Here's an interview http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/06/s...echike-talks-elimination-and-post-show-plans/

I think Lauren has a great chance of winning. LOL, she's my favorite at this point.

With the exception of 1 week, Lauren's never been in the bottom 3. Robert has been bottom several times. I also think there could be a Kent 'awe-shucks' backlash, as well.