The "please say something nice about Mao thread" | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The "please say something nice about Mao thread"

Something nice about Mao? Well, she makes a great toothbrush commercial. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbYhvzSSysw

EDIT : This was an interesting commercial. There were 5 apparently non-Japanese people singing in Japanese.

What an adorable commercial! I can see why Mao is catnip to advertisers. And she's such a chameleon--she can look like a kid or a sophisticate. There's a quicksilver quality to her expressiveness, as there is to her skating. She's a fascinator, definitely, both off the ice and on. I hope we get to see her around in skating for a long time to come, preferably at or near the top of the podium.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

prettykeys

Medalist
Well, if you are serious then that's really unfortunate because you don't get to decide threat value based on who you like - why pick fights when you can just ignore the thread. For example, I don't appreciate Evan's skating, so I don't go into "WE HEART EVAN!" threads - its called having manners... and since I've been here longer than you, I win.
I do get to decide "thread value" (please triple-check your posts, since you seem to still have errors), because "value" is subjective and I am able to make my own judgments. Why pick fights: Because it's fun? Because I feel like a fight was indirectly picked?

Lastly, the point of my post was completely lost on you. I think it's hilarious that a user who was here for less than one month (although technically even that is in question) is pointing at me and saying I don't like skaters other than YuNa and I don't like users who like or prefer other skaters; that I cannot spare a compliment or thread for Mao, etc. when the ludicrous fact is that Mao is my second-favourite ladies skater and over at the YNKF we have several posters who openly admit to liking Mao more than YuNa and they are welcome there. I don't snap at Olympia or Mathman or certain others who like or prefer Michelle and Mao over YuNa in their own way because they are able to express their love without some shadowy undertone against someone else.

I win. :)

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
One aspect of Mao that I love is how she loves to eat!
Unlike other ladies skaters Mao is not afraid to have her picture taken eating a great big piece of meat or a huge ice cream cone and loving it.
I also adore how she doesn't put a huge amount of emphasis on external things like makeup. Sure, she loves to paint her nails and pick out fashions, but I never see Mao even remotely being vain. I get the impression that Mao wants to look pretty and cute, but never really...uh..."sexy." xD I admire her for staying absolutely true to herself.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Unlike other ladies skaters Mao is not afraid to have her picture taken eating a great big piece of meat or a huge ice cream cone and loving it.
I also adore how she doesn't put a huge amount of emphasis on external things like makeup. Sure, she loves to paint her nails and pick out fashions, but I never see Mao even remotely being vain. I get the impression that Mao wants to look pretty and cute, but never really...uh..."sexy." xD I admire her for staying absolutely true to herself.

:) Lol, I remember a video/documentary from back in 2005-2006 where Mao was in the car eating McDonald's french fries, it was really cute and she seemed to really enjoy those fries, which is refreshing. I also like how she wears normal clothes, she has a lot of shirts with hollister, abercrombie and fitch, gilly hicks, and aeropostale logos, like a normal teenager and not some designer obsessed snob :agree:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

:laugh: I am always surprised about the lady skaters complaining about their diet. I suppose they eat a lot when we are not watching. I mean they are training all day and have to get input to perform :confused:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
:) Lol, I remember a video/documentary from back in 2005-2006 where Mao was in the car eating McDonald's french fries, it was really cute and she seemed to really enjoy those fries, which is refreshing. I also like how she wears normal clothes, she has a lot of shirts with hollister, abercrombie and fitch, gilly hicks, and aeropostale logos, like a normal teenager and not some designer obsessed snob :agree:

Yeah, just like in a recent interveiw when she was wearing these sandals that had a cusion in the sole in the shape of a heart. The interveiwers asked her what was the whole point of her outfit and she pointed to the cusions in the sole. xD Just too, too sweet...
I noticed that, too. She seems to really like "everyday" American brands, especially since the time she came to train in America.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yeah, just like in a recent interveiw when she was wearing these sandals that had a cusion in the sole in the shape of a heart. The interveiwers asked her what was the whole point of her outfit and she pointed to the cusions in the sole. xD Just too, too sweet...
I noticed that, too. She seems to really like "everyday" American brands, especially since the time she came to train in America.

It might have something to do with her being petite. I'm sure in Japan they have lots of clothes for tiny women because there are so many of them but in the US stores like abercrombie and hollister and known to have very small sizes. I also like how she doesn't wear much makeup, she's cute as is, but if she wanted to wear tons of makeup I'm sure she could look gorgeous but she's not really into that.

cianni

On the Ice
Mao Asada

I will say something nice about Mao. Short and sweet. I love yuna but she did not deserve the Golod as her skating was not up to Par. Mao should have won. I assume the triple axel has lost it luster now. Dont follow skating any more and this is why. Some things never change. No replys needed . Im sure Yunas fans will not see that, Love them both but fair is fair and in skating that means nothing. Hello to all as I havent been on for 2/3 yrs.