Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm just delighted. This is great fun. AND MICHELLE. *bursts into tears*

Btw,

Yu-Na Kim's Meditation for Thais

vs.

Michelle Kwan's Primitive by Annie Lennox

MICHELLE KWAN WON. She is still has more poise and nuance and depth in her skating than any other female skater out there. Yu-Na wasn't able to completely handle that music. Good on you for winning Olympic Gold, girl, but you and I both know Michelle is the best.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
WOW, Lambiel just did the Quad! It's the best Quad he's done the entire past year as well. That was his best performance of last season's Short Program, LOL!

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
I'm just delighted. This is great fun. AND MICHELLE. *bursts into tears*

Btw,

Yu-Na Kim's Meditation for Thais

vs.

Michelle Kwan's Primitive by Annie Lennox

MICHELLE KWAN WON. She is still has more poise and nuance and depth in her skating than any other female skater out there. Yu-Na wasn't able to completely handle that music. Good on you for winning Olympic Gold, girl, but you and I both know Michelle is the best.

Thanks for your analysis

brownfox

On the Ice
poor sasha.. but it was entertaining!

wow!!! love yuna's bulletproof!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
I do think Yu-Na's Bulletproof was just as good as Michelle's No One. Maybe even a little better. :)

Cohen's programs were great too but she had her mandatory fall. ;)

This show was like a microcosm of their careers, actually. Kwan was the best, Yu-Na was commanding and displayed diva power but did have one stumble, and Cohen was beautiful but couldn't do the jumps. :laugh:

brownfox

On the Ice
I just can't get over with Yuna's Bulletproof. That was great! Wonderful gala for her. She really knows how to entertain the crowd.

Michelle is always Michelle. No surprise there.

And LOL Barbie Girl performance. hehe.

Overall what a fantastic crowd. Korea should be very proud!

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
And LOL Barbie Girl performance. hehe.

Yeah, I was impressed by Savchenko / Szolkowy. Their performances had great personality.

Everyone was awesome to watch, though! Just a wonderful show.

The weakest link was the special-guest singer at the end, actually.

parma

On the Ice
Amazing show. Yuna's Bulletproof was a total win, and so was she in it, absolutely.

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I can't see the streams, but from the videos, it looks like a tremendous show.
Maybe it will be out on DVD.

Hanaka

Rinkside
Holy **** i think i just found a new world with yuna's bulletproof

:laugh:
Sorry. Kim's bulletproof is exactly what I expected she would perform . She's just performing it as it should be performed. Very Yuna Kim , if I may say so. There's nothing to be surprised or amazed and it's kinda similar to her last year's exhibition IMO.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Amazing show. Yuna's Bulletproof was a total win, and so was she in it, absolutely.

Yu-na didn't reach the artistic bar set by the American ladies, and both Hero and Bulletproof were major letdowns for me. I wish Yu-na would stop doing dance-to-the-beat routines and show some deeper artistry and originality in these skates. Loved Sasha and Lambiel but poor Sasha looked very awkward and under-trained in all her technical elements.