Yet another reason why I love the Canton Quartet | Golden Skate

Yet another reason why I love the Canton Quartet

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
... or the please say something nice about Meryl/Charlie and Scott/Tessa thread.

The part at 1:45

Not just the hug (which is cute and adorable and everything that is good) but Meryl's tears of pride and joy, the way Scott extends his arm in invitation, Charlie's "we can't wait", and the general feeling of warm friendship. Tessa's modesty (calling herself gullible, thanking people, the "well, not perfect" comment).... It was a good night for me as a fan, and this was simply the cherry on top.

janetfan

Match Penalty
... or the please say something nice about Meryl/Charlie and Scott/Tessa thread.

The part at 1:45

Not just the hug (which is cute and adorable and everything that is good) but Meryl's tears of pride and joy, the way Scott extends his arm in invitation, Charlie's "we can't wait", and the general feeling of warm friendship. Tessa's modesty (calling herself gullible, thanking people, the "well, not perfect" comment).... It was a good night for me as a fan, and this was simply the cherry on top.

Thanks for the link - a wonderful interview - and how well the top two teams skated.
I would also mention that Tanith and Ben showed wonderful sportsmanship and true class the way they handled themselves as they fell short of the podium.

What a lovely moment! I hadn't seen that interview before. But even in the medal presentation, which they did show on American TV, I was so gratified by the behavior of these four skaters to one another. Davis and White knew that it was a great moment for skating, and they savored it without letting any shadow into their response. There are moments in sports where true sportsmanship shows up, and this was one of them.

janetfan

Match Penalty
What a lovely moment! I hadn't seen that interview before. But even in the medal presentation, which they did show on American TV, I was so gratified by the behavior of these four skaters to one another. Davis and White knew that it was a great moment for skating, and they savored it without letting any shadow into their response. There are moments in sports where true sportsmanship shows up, and this was one of them.

I thought the medal presentation for the Dance was just wonderful. I really enjoyed having a chance to see how Tessa and Scott were reacting as they took in the scene around them. How nice to see this great team win on home ice and have a chance to share the celebration with their countrymen. And D/W just added to the pleasure of watching such a memorable Olympic moment.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It has always amazed me how friendly the top teams in Canton are to each other. In ice dance, in other training camps, there has been so much soap opera--all the drama of feuding couples, and so forth. One has to give kudos to Shpilband and Zoueva for the way they run their group. I think that type of atomsphere always starts at the top! And kudos that here at the end of the year, I can't say, well, S&Z didn't give one or the other team their best.

I love both couples (and all 3 with Tanith and Ben). This was a great year for those of us who love ice dance, indeed! I love the excitement, speed, and drama that Meryl and Charlie bring to their programs. I love the meticulous attention to the details of their ODs-their straightline footwork not touching sequence in the OD this year is one of my favorite moments in any discipline this year-although not touching, their arms were aligned to the finger tips throughout the complex arm movements of the Bollywood style dance. Tessa and Scott skated their very, very best under the horrible pressure of being Canada's best hope for a gold, when the whole country was running a program focussed on winning ! gold. How beautifully they skated! What lovely unison they have, and what amazing smoothness! And their final pose in the FD was another of the finest moments in skating this Olympics.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: Have I told you lately that I love them ? I don't mind repeating it ad infinitum.

I hadn't seen that interview either. It choked me up all over again. I love the way they support and inspire each other, and their feelings for each other are so obviously genuine.

I really think both couples are capable of rising to any challenge with grace.

I was sad to see Tanith and Ben leave the group, but now S/B ( who are also faves of mine )are joining the mix . I just can't wait to see what they'll all do next season.( with, of course, Jana and Fedor for some added spice..:laugh: ) I think we're in for another good one