Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce | Golden Skate

Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

pista04

On the Ice
Heartbreaking news...but they seem to be in the right set of mind to have a peaceful life with eachothers presence, which is hard after any break up.

princess9

On the Ice
Hmm...I never even knew Dave was married when they met. I guess the rumors were true and one could see something seemed wrong during the broadcasting, at least the edits we saw from this team. It certainly won't be likely we'll see a tenth anniversary of Love Story. The little boy is adorable, though. I'm sure they will put him first. I'll always be a fan of their skating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antilles

Medalist
The media never reported much about his previous marriage. I suppose it didn't make the "Love Story" seem as nice. There have been brief references to it not being a happy union, but I can't remember how much was official and how much was gossip, so I won't dredge it up here. S&P did seem "off" during their Olympic broadcasts and in a non-FS piece they did about speed skating. Hopefully things turn out as well as they can for everyone involved.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very sad news. I hope the split will be as amicable as possible, under the circumstances, and for the sake of Jesse.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My husband and I are both shocked by this news. Who knew? They really kept their private life private. It sounds as though they still plan to keep their partnership on the ice, but one wonders how? ....sad news indeed. I wonder what Kurt thinks of this....

aurora100

Final Flight

Wow, a surprise but it makes sense now. I could tell there were weird chemistry between the two while they were commentating on CBC for the Olympics. And the shots of them had very cold chemistry but I had no idea they had been separated. Dave was first married the same year that he paired up with Jamie. His first wife was a pair skater too, just not as well known. There was such an instant connection between the Jamie and Dave on ice I don't think Dave's first young marriage had a chance when he was totally focused on skating with Jamie. Too bad, Jamie and Dave have such good chemistry on ice together. I wish them both happiness.

aurora100

Final Flight
My husband and I are both shocked by this news. Who knew? They really kept their private life private. It sounds as though they still plan to keep their partnership on the ice, but one wonders how? ....sad news indeed. I wonder what Kurt thinks of this....

Why does Kurt come into this picture?

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Perhaps people are referring to Kurt because he was at their wedding and is a friend of David's and skates with them a lot?

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I think the reason some people are surprised is because they were portrayed as perfect, fairytale couple with a romantic story. In reality, they are just ordinary people like everyone else and no one's relationship can be the perfect way it is portrayed by the media.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't say I am shocked as there have been rumors about everything not being hearts and flowers between them as of late, but I am surprised they are making an official split. Jamie and David had a very rocky on-again, off-again relationship through their skating years, I remember reading that she had gottten into a big argument two weeks before Salt Lake and that she would not even talk to him on some of the practice sessions. I knew they would have a very passionate marriage (both bad and good passion), but I always expected them to weather the rough patches. Sorry to hear this :-(

heyang

Record Breaker
Wow, I'm very surprised.

If I recall correctly, after the Olympics, they broke up as a romantic couple for several months. So, I thought that when they got back together and married, that it would work out.

As per article, they've been seperated for 18 months, which is most of Jesse's life (born Sept 30, 2007) - he would've been 15 months old. Anyway, it must've been tough touring together and putting on smile for the crowds while trying to figure out what to do.

I hope that they create a different relationship that will create a happy life for Jessie (1st priority) and themselves (2nd priority) as well as continuing to skate together (3rd priority).