2010-2011 Programs by Discipline | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2010-2011 Programs by Discipline

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

Interesting choices for the Japanese men. I never saw a male skater picking that music before, but Oda can pull it off I think.

Layfan

Record Breaker

I always thought of Wagner as a bit of a feisty skater. I think it will work in her favor. Slow isn't her thing...

That's what I thought too when I read she was doing Malaguena, even if it is sort of a cliche at this point. Hopefully it will bring out her fiery side. Only thing is I do to have to say that sometimes I think Ashley's footwork doesn't look as sharp as it could be.

Kashmir is awesome. Ashley should definitely bring out her edgier side. Go Ashley!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

There are a number of updates from Liberty.

Also 4 different US dance teams announced music

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Ross Miner USA
SP Salsa medley
LP Casablanca (You Must Remember This)

Ross acts out a great deal of the movie Casablanca in his LP, including the getting shot part.

Tommy Steenberg's LP is to a medley of Western movies and includes hogtieing a steer.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Four US dance teams announce some of their music. An American in Paris should suit Emily & Evan very well indeed:

Madison Hubbell and Keiffer Hubbell USA
SD Addams Family Values soundtrack
FD Medley of songs by Yello and Art of Noise

Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt USA
SD The Trouble With Love Is by Kelly Clarkson
FD I Belong To You (+Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix)" by Muse

Emily Samuelson & Evan Bates USA
FD An American In Paris by George Gershwin, performed by Gene Kelly

Rachel Tibbets & Collin Brubaker USA
SD At Last performed by Sal Mancini and Hallelujah I Love Her So by Ray Charles
FD Tango Para Percusion by Lalo Schiffrin, Garato de Ipanema performed by Manoelito Martins and Dance of the Headhunters by Tito Puente

herios

Medalist

David Wilson also said about his new LP created for Jeremy Abbott:
"There's not a lot of over-the-top strong music that you would choose for a senior man," he said. "I told him it wasn't going to have a big huge ending, but if he was willing to go for a more emotionally-based piece that has a journey to it and a lot of charm and changes then I thought we might have something. It's such a wonderful theme of the human spirit, keeping your eye on the prize and seeing the best possible side of life.

"Jeremy was my last choreography for the season and it was a nice way to finish -- he's such an easy person to work with and he has such mastery of skating and movement. I hope if people haven't fallen in love with Jeremy yet, that this will be the piece that makes them fall in love with him."

Mr Wilson, I am already there...:)

cornell08

Final Flight

Sorry to spam this but I just had to say that I love An American In Paris for Bates/Samuelson. Its not overused, it is SO them, and I think they will really rock it with Zoueva's choreography. She sure knows what music her teams are kindred with.

conga

On the Ice

Sorry to spam this but I just had to say that I love An American In Paris for Bates/Samuelson. Its not overused, it is SO them, and I think they will really rock it with Zoueva's choreography. She sure knows what music her teams are kindred with.

ITA! I can't wait to see this program.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker

"Jeremy was my last choreography for the season and it was a nice way to finish -- he's such an easy person to work with and he has such mastery of skating and movement. I hope if people haven't fallen in love with Jeremy yet, that this will be the piece that makes them fall in love with him."
Mr Wilson, I am already there...:)

I hate to be a negative Nancy, but there is one thing I don't like about Jeremy's programs. Jeremy uses them to blow the roof off the house at Nationals, then goes to Worlds or Olympics ............. :cry:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Emily Samuelson & Evan Bates USA
FD An American In Paris by George Gershwin, performed by Gene Kelly

Excellent choice for them. They have a very distinctive american quality yet also their classical lines (esp. on her side) remind me of a leslie caron or a gene kelly.

Nice choice by Oda too. It is original and has a nice tempo!

sillylionlove

Medalist

Oda's music is awesome. Just checked it out on itunes...LOVE IT!!!! The Japanese men tend to pick music that is pretty cool and different.

herios

Medalist

PJ Kwong reports that Crone/Poirier will skate their FD to Eleanor Rigby and that they will be choreographed by Chris Dean

Thank you for this wonderful news. I am extremely upbeat about C/P prospects, who are excellent technical skaters, well rearded by the judges (they had the 4th highest TES in Turin, while finishing 7th).
Artistry will develop with maturity, which will come, they are just 19/18.
Working with Dean could give them a new platform to build upon.
Hoping that Tessa and Scott will get inspired and might try something similar.

Final Flight

i listened to the version of eleanor rigby by joshua bell - sounds like it's in the same genre as last season's FD (violin nocturne + orchestral bohemian rhapsody) so i'm a little bummed by that. no doubt they will improve in maturity and enhance their tech aspect...i'm just waiting for their SD choice. he said it is "....not traditional"
judging from the team who have revealed their music choice - it will be very unpredictable.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker

Min-Jung Kwak:

SP: Canon by Johann Pachelbel
LP: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Sergei Rachmaninoff

:eek:hwell:

They will be coreographed by David Wilson.

colleen o'neill

Medalist

:biggrin: I like Oda's music a lot , but what I'm really thrilled about is his choice of Sebastien Britten as choreographer. I've been longing for a higher profile skater to pick up on him. I hope this means a big boost for both of them.

herios

Medalist

i listened to the version of eleanor rigby by joshua bell - sounds like it's in the same genre as last season's FD (violin nocturne + orchestral bohemian rhapsody) so i'm a little bummed by that. .

I am scratching my head here, are you sure that is the music they will skate to?
In PJ Kwong's article the artist mentioned is Joshua Hall and not Joshua Bell?