2010-2011 Programs by Discipline | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2010-2011 Programs by Discipline

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Re: 2010-2011 Season Programs! All Disciplines

LOVE Zorro for Amanda and Mark! All the other new music choices seme pretty good too!

brownfox

On the Ice

ITA

The only things that perhaps should be edited out are posts that are totally slanderous and based on falsehood, or aspects of the skater's private life that the skater has chosen not to reveal to the media and are unrelated to his/her career as a skater.

For example, I would say that e.g., if a skater gets failing grades in school, if a skater has had plastic surgery, if a skater has not so reputable family background, then these are issues that can be edited out from goldenskate.

However, if it's to do with the skaters' selection of music, costume, behavior on the ice, coaching situation, interviews s/he has given, so forth, then posters should be allowed to state their opinions.

You're totally updated. Shocking.....Not.

Anyway I hope Mirai should stay out from message boards. I know it's tough.

hurrah

Medalist

You're totally updated. Shocking.....Not.

Anyway I hope Mirai should stay out from message boards. I know it's tough.

As the original intention of the particular sentence you have chosen to highlight has been given a slant by your interpretation that is not mine, and your interpretation is not, in my opinion, appropriate, I would appreciate it if you would kindly remove the sentence from your quote.

Layfan

Record Breaker

err.... :biggrin:

http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/16736205367 :eek:

I have to admit, I saw that comment and I had to come to this thread to find out for myself :unsure: :p

Still, one chooses to read these forums at one's own risk...JMHO

:rofl:

Wow, I can't believe skaters actually read this forum. I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole. But maybe Mirai has more pluck and courage than me. Anyway, Tiny, don't feel bad, I think it's cool that Mirai read what you had to say even if she didn't much like it! I wonder what Mirai thought about all the rest of the music choices we dreamed up for her, if she read that thread... If she did she should know how popular she is just by the fact that so many people picked music for her - even if we do sometimes have criticism.

Final Flight

rodgers and hammerstein's Carousel waltz for the Shibutanis' OD: i understand that this was probably written (and performed) in the eras stated and declared for the original dance but...will this be a similar take to the OD by Domnina/Shabalin in 2008-2009 (waltz_________ by Dmitri Shostakovitch)

in my opinion although the music is very "old"disney-esque (aka, to me, 50s ish) it doesn't totally capture the character of the theme....such a broad time range.

perhaps they just don't want to be cliche and use grease or something, but not negative or positive - always excited.

and the shibutanis are also using Chaplin for their FD music

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

In the short dance format, there is no time frame specified. Only if the SD did not pass were we going to see dances of the 50's, 60's and 70's. . A section of the Golden Waltz is to be skated. The rest of the dance may be foxtrot, waltz or tango. Shibutanis are doing an all waltz SD (short dance), which works for me.

Final Flight

In the short dance format, there is no time frame specified. Only if the SD did not pass were we going to see dances of the 50's, 60's and 70's. . A section of the Golden Waltz is to be skated. The rest of the dance may be foxtrot, waltz or tango. Shibutanis are doing an all waltz SD (short dance), which works for me.

since when did they "remove" the compulsories......where was i?! :eek:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

since when did they "remove" the compulsories......where was i?! :eek:

officially removed last week at the big ISU meeting.

unofficially it was known prior to worlds that it would be gone after last season.

samba

On the Ice

rodgers and hammerstein's Carousel waltz for the Shibutanis' OD: i understand that this was probably written (and performed) in the eras stated and declared for the original dance but...will this be a similar take to the OD by Domnina/Shabalin in 2008-2009 (waltz_________ by Dmitri Shostakovitch)

in my opinion although the music is very "old"disney-esque (aka, to me, 50s ish) it doesn't totally capture the character of the theme....such a broad time range.

perhaps they just don't want to be cliche and use grease or something, but not negative or positive - always excited.

and the shibutanis are also using Chaplin for their FD music

Did S/Z recycle Dean Copley's Chaplin from last year? Is it the same Chaplin that the French team P/B is doing?

R.D.

Record Breaker

:rofl:

Wow, I can't believe skaters actually read this forum. I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole. But maybe Mirai has more pluck and courage than me. Anyway, Tiny, don't feel bad, I think it's cool that Mirai read what you had to say even if she didn't much like it! I wonder what Mirai thought about all the rest of the music choices we dreamed up for her, if she read that thread... If she did she should know how popular she is just by the fact that so many people picked music for her - even if we do sometimes have criticism.

It appears we misinterpreted her comment.

http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/17071258177

http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/17071316814

So it's all good. Rail on :biggrin:

herios

Medalist

That sounds promising for Jouby. :yes: Malaguena would suit him. I'll try very hard not to think about Kristi and Sasha when I watch him, though. David Wilson is absolutely the most brilliant COP choreographer out there. He creates competitive AND gorgeous programs.

Brian's Malaguena could be a better version than we have seen before. It will be choreographed by a classical spanish artist, Antonio Najarro, who is now used to work with skaters and brings rthe original flavour to the ice. he has worked with: Annisina / Peizerat on their flamenco - tango OD they used to capture gold in SLC, with Stephane Lambiel on his Poeta LP and with Weaver / Poje on their last season flamenco OD.

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States

Brian's Malaguena could be a better version than we have seen before. It will be choreographed by a classical spanish artist, Antonio Najarro, who is now used to work with skaters and brings rthe original flavour to the ice. he has worked with: Annisina / Peizerat on their flamenco - tango OD they used to capture gold in SLC, with Stephane Lambiel on his Poeta LP and with Weaver / Poje on their last season flamenco OD.

I hope that Brian's SP is strong, however I would not expect it to be a "better" version of Sasha's or Kristi's programs. That might be a stretch..... Good choice for him though.

herios

Medalist

I hope that Brian's SP is strong, however I would not expect it to be a "better" version of Sasha's or Kristi's programs. That might be a stretch..... Good choice for him though.

All right, I expressed myself incorrectly, I meant more "authentic".

On the same note, Antonio Najarro will choreograpph a SP for Jeremy Abbott (from Jeremy's facebook )

Ginask8s

On the Ice

Why compare apples to oranges? Think Michael Weiss. Fabulous Malaguena.

Trewyn

Medalist

Seems to be a habit for Laura to keep a program two seasons; last year she kept her short, this year her long.. New programs are more interesting; but it was nice LP.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Adam Rippon's choices are up on Icenetwork.

Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet for the Short
Rach's Piano Concerto #2 for the Free

Both are amazing piece of music and two of my favs, but I am stunned that he did not do at least one program with original music. I don't really like Romeo and Juliet for the short, I don't think 2:50 is long enough to really tell the story, but am eager to see the programs anyway.

burntBREAD

Medalist

New Exhibitions!

Miki Ando: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff7dnW6IaL4 Comin' Home Baby by Michael Bublé

Daisuke Takahashi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0D7Z47oL-w Valse d'Amelie

Kanako Murakami: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNh96s1Ijns "Be Italian" from Nine

Akiko Suzuki: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpa-CTV76qw "Jealousy"

Stéphane Lambiel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8l1vxinWjo "Good times"

Laura Lepisto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4fYaV4RHTQ "Jupiter", Japanese song

I like Akiko's a lot!