Michael Jackson | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michael Jackson

What do you think of the new child molestation charges against Michael Jackson?

• It's about time, he is a viable threat to children

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Uncertain and would like to see the story unfold and get all of the facts

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Its a sham, he's an eccentric public figure that makes an easy target

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

beebeeuk

Rinkside
I have to say, as the mother of 2 young children and with the sense I was born with, I can't believe that some parents allow their children to be in his presence, knowing that there may be some doubt in his innocence.
What are the parents thinking?

It is not beyond the realms of possibility that there are some money-grabbing people who might deliberately set their kids up with MJ in the hope that they may be able to sue him at a later date.

Meanwhile the real paedophiles of this country get housed and their identity protected.

It's a screwed up world. :confused:

serenity

On the Ice
Who would let their children sleep over with an adult?
It would be different if your having a sleep over with his kids.

dfj

On the Ice
For the sake of argument: Let's say your son has been molested over an extended perior. The evidence is serious enough that charges are soon to be filed. But, hold it, your son is refusing to give whatever evidence is necessary to convict. The prosecution can't go forward without his testimony and the case dies.

But, the molester says, here, I'll give you a bunch of money and you just keep your mouth shut and go away. You say you got a deal. You take the money and run. What kind of parent are you?

beebeeuk

Rinkside
If you take the money, you're more of a money-grabber than a justice-seeker-for-your-child.
If anyone molested my children, I wouldn't want money, I'd want blood......
......but I wouldn't repeatedly send them to some man's home on their own, in the first place.

Last edited:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
It becomes so complicated when you consider the child and whether or not it is the best thing for he/she to testify. Certainly, that would be the brave thing to do. But does not doing it make a child not brave? It is so difficult being a child without such situations, but something like this, even if it wasn't such a high profile event, could create a world of hell for a young person. Children are so cruel to each other, especially anyone different, and having been the victimized witness of a molestation trial would make a child extremely different. Imagine all of the stares and whispers...and the stigma that would follow you. LOL...I guess I've started another topic! I'm looking at this more as a type of situation that doesn't involve a wealthy star. What do you guys think? If it were a more normal situation, could you subject your child to such a turbulent and wrenching emotional experience? I'm not so certain that I could unless my child was determined to do it.