Michael Jackson | Golden Skate

Michael Jackson

What do you think of the new child molestation charges against Michael Jackson?

• It's about time, he is a viable threat to children

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Uncertain and would like to see the story unfold and get all of the facts

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Its a sham, he's an eccentric public figure that makes an easy target

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Well, Michael Jackson has made the news again, and this time it wasn't for dangling any of his strangely named and attired children from a hotel balcony. What do you guys think of the new charges being brought against Michael concerning child molestation? Is he a danger to children or is this a sham as Michael claims? (AOL had a great poll, so I'll post one similar to it)

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I chose "Uncertain", I'd really like to see all of the facts involving this case before I made a decision. Having said that, I have always believed that some concerns seem warranted. Certainly, he is an eccentric public figure that the press loves to talk about, but the whole situation as Michael presents it seems far too simple and raises several red flags. I believe there was a big discussion earlier this year when that now infamous television interview was aired. This definitely calls for another discussion. What do you guys think?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think the less said about MJ and this matter the better. These people thrive on plublicity - good or bad. Even, murderers get a thrill out of getting their picture in the paper. I am sure the media will be having a "field day" with this. That is enough attention.

serenity

On the Ice
Wonder if he will be able to keep the tip of his nose on if he ends up in jail. If so I hope he does not lose it there.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
He definitely is a sick man. Will we ever know if he has indeed molested the boy? Only Michael Jackson knows for sure. As a parent I can tell you that I would not let my son near the guy.

Pookie

Final Flight
I don't think Michael is relishing in this kind of publicity. He really creeps me out. The big interview they had a while back was so freaky. When Michael was sitting there with that teenage boy leaning on him and they were holding hands (if I remember correctly), it was just too weird. I wouldn't let my children near him either.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I wouldn't let my children near him either.
ITA. Even if he is innocent of molestation (which he very well might be), I still find it odd that parents let their kids near him. I mean, it's one thing if you are sitting on the jury, but as a parent wouldn't you want to be extra careful?

Yazmeen

On the Ice
My personal opinion is that he has deep psychological problems mostly cause by his own traumatic childhood. I honestly think Michael has convinced himself that he is a Peter Pan--he's really a young boy and what he does is no different than any sexual experimentation that can occur in pre-adolescence and adolescence between young people. I truly believe he lives in a fantasy world where he thinks he's just another kid and his actions are not wrong. He needs some very serious help. If he has done this, he should be prosecuted and punished; however, he should also get serious psychiatric therapy. Jail for Michael would be a disaster. I doubt he'd last two days before someone went after him and seriously assaulted or even killed him. I also suspect he would be a suicide before he would allow anyone to incarcerate him. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I'm looking at it from a psychological viewpoint.

I also think the boy's parents should be prosecuted for child endangerment if Michael is proven guilty. What the hell were they thinking staying at Michael's house and exposing their son to him, especially after he told them what was going on???!!!!

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
Yazmeen said:
What the hell were they thinking staying at Michael's house and exposing their son to him, especially after he told them what was going on???!!!!
Probably KA-KA-KA-KA-CHING!!!!!!

I personally am not sure if I believe the charges, mostly because for the past 20 years, I've thought that Jackson is asexual.

Pookie

Final Flight
Probably KA-KA-KA-KA-CHING!!!!!!
Unfortunately for the children, that's probably true. It seems like the weirdness doesn't matter to the parents that let their children go there. He's a celebrity and they might get something out of it eventually.

heyang

Record Breaker
I agree with Yazmeen.

There's something not quite right about MJ's thought processes. Is this his real persona or is he really someone else. His former wife Presley claims that he cussed and liked sex during their marriage. Is that the real MJ?

Based on the interview, he seems to feel that he's done nothing wrong. The question is 'does he understand that what he's done isn't right' From his perspective (as sick as it may be), he's done nothing wrong.

Honestly - I voted uncertain since no evidence has been revealed - that's just to be fair and go along with the 'innocent til proven guilty'. I do think that the prosecutor's office must have a good case if they got the judge to issue a warrant; no one would want to have mud on their face in such a high profile case.

I'm not sure how I feel about the law regarding criminal cases since I don't understand all the facets. I realize that it disallows the filing of a civil suit while criminal charges are pending. That's a good idea that will protect both parties in a sense - no one will be able to besmirch an innocent by pressing criminal charges and sue for money at the same time - that's definite conflict of interest. On the other hand, if someone's willing to press charges and knows that they can't get payed off without following through, it makes the actual pursuit of criminal charges all the more serious. After the criminal case, can the child sue MJ? Or is he prohibited from every pressing a civil suit? I'm sure someone will be able to answer the question. Thanks ahead of time.

My other thought is for MJ's 3 kids. I already felt bad for them living in Bizarro world - although they are too young to understand that they live in a fantasy world. What will happen to them? Will there be all sorts of weird custody issues? Only time will tell.

Suzy

On the Ice
Like Eminem said,

"Will the real Michael Jackson please stand up!"

Who is he really? I'd like to sit with Lisa Marie and get the truth out of her.

windspirit

On the Ice
I voted "It's about time, he is a viable threat to children", but now I'd choose the second one.

Would I trust him with my own child? Hell no. And if it turns out that he did in fact molested any child I think the parents who let their kids to sleep with Michael in the same room should be prosecuted as well.

When I watched the documentary about him when he told stories about sleeping with other people's kids in the same bed, and he was so cuddly with that boy (the one who's accusing him now?) sitting next to him, I was very surprised that it's being allowed. And in the States of all countries, where the laws for things like that are very strict (so I thought). Well, money and fame do really make a difference, I guess. Many celebrities, including some rather unstable ones, are allowed to adopt, or not have their own kids taken away even if they should. It's amazing. I've read quite a few stories where "normal" people had their kids taken away by overzealous Social Services for almost nothing, and Michael Jackson (who may not be a molester, but he's certainly unfit and not stable enough to raise children), could have bought not one, but three. Everyone can see what a bizzaro world they live in, plus after that incident where he dangled one of the kids from a balcony -- Social Services were still not interested enough to do something about it. Most interesting.

I do think that MJ has the right to live however he wants to live -- behave like a 5-year-old and look like an aging white woman or a Martian, etc., but he shouldn't be allowed to be any kid's full-time "Mommy and Daddy" in one person. Every kid deserves to have a normal childhood. This isn't.

Btw, I saw Corey Feldman (who was friends with Michael for many years) on Larry King today. I was very impressed with how articulate, fair, sincere and intelligent he sounded (I remember him from some very bad films about some pretty uncomplicated characters ;) ).

Last edited:
Michael is kinda strange - true
Michael sleeps with some of the boys - true
Michael touches them where he shouldn't - we don't know that
Childrens' parents see a way of making a buck - true
Michael sells newspapers - true

Michael is an incredible popular entertainer - true.

Joe

Lotta

On the Ice
Dude, the only reason that Michael Jackson's being supported by a number of celebrities and fans and being said "innocent" is because he is FAMOUS. Because he is famous, he can practically get away with any crime cuz people's got his back. If he wasn't famous and was just and average guy you saw on the street and thought nothin' about, then he will be arrested. But because he is put in the same box as celebrities, he gets away with it. And plus he's got the dough.

The way it is in the world of celebrities, if a celeb commits a crime, a similar matter as Michael Jackson's or something else, IMMEDIATELY fans and fellow celebrities will come to his defense. And, like the previous crimes done by some celebs, they get away with it. THIS, people, is totally unfair to the "normal" people who commit crimes. Yeah, okay, normal guy sexually harrasses five year old boys and the famous guy does the same thing but gets away with it cuz his fans and supporters say he's innocent and the victim's story is fabricated. How unfair is that???

In short, if a person commits a crime, IT IS A CRIME AND THE PERSON MUST BE PUT TO JUSTICE IF PROVEN GUILTY BY EVIDENCE. You know that people always say that don't put people in boxes or stereotype them or whatever. Well they're being hypocrites, putting Michael Jackson in the "famous celebrity' box. He's INNOCENT because he's a CELEBRITY.

This goes to ALL celebrities who committed crimes in the similar matter or different.

Kasey

Medalist
I voted "Undecided", which currently broke the tie between it and "It's about time"....

The thing I'm glad of right now...the boy is not being raked over the coals by the press, like the alleged victim in the Kobe Bryant case was. Regardless of the truth, this is a child. If the allegations are true, he has been truamatized and will need a lot of help to regain his sense of safety and self esteem. If for some reason, he made this up and it's all a lie...he still is in need of help. Boils down to...the boy is needing help.

:( Kasey

windspirit

On the Ice
Lotta said:
In short, if a person commits a crime, IT IS A CRIME AND THE PERSON MUST BE PUT TO JUSTICE IF PROVEN GUILTY BY EVIDENCE. You know that people always say that don't put people in boxes or stereotype them or whatever. Well they're being hypocrites, putting Michael Jackson in the "famous celebrity' box. He's INNOCENT because he's a CELEBRITY.
Well, the last time I looked (and that would be a few hours ago), we still didn't know if he did commit a crime or not. So at this time, according to the law, he is innocent, and will be until proven guilty.

I do think he's a freak, unfit to raise any children, and his habit of sleeping with your boys is very questionable, but I'll wait for some proof before I call him guilty of molesting anyone.

Bubala - Innocent until proven guilty does not apply in this case? That's American democracy at work?

The parents of those children who visit Neverland know what happened in 1993. They continue to bring their children to that place. Why? Do they give permission for their kids to sleep with MJ? Why? Is there millions to be made? Just some thoughts that others not address.

Joe