German Team | Page 2 | Golden Skate

German Team

Aleinad

Spectator
I'm new on this forum. I'm the webmaster from Philipp Tischendorf and you can find a surprise about him on his website!

Last edited:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Aljona and Robin did their programms today in Berlin for the press.

http://newsticker.sueddeutsche.de/list/id/1041975 - only in German.

Infos are:
SP: Russian-Hungary-Folklore
LP: Pink Panther

The aim is to win every competition this year. After worlds they will decide again about their future. They want gold in Socchi, but they said, they had to listen to their bodys. Eventually their will be some breaks on the way to Socchi.

Some other news:
Katharina Häcker is ill and will not skate Nebelhorn.
Sandy Hoffmann is injured (foot injury) and will not skate Nebelhorn or any JGP. It looks like the season is over for her! Poor girl!

Last edited:

sus2850

Rinkside
Any more news on the German ladies? What illness keeps Katharina Häcker from Nebelhorn, nothing serious I hope? There so few German participants now there; I hope Sarah hecken will at least skate.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I don´t know what illness Katharina have. Sorry. But I don´t think it is something serious!
Shira Willner will also not participate in the JGP. I heard something about injury, but also something about "not in form".
Sarah will skate and is really happy that the season start. She was injured in the summer, and her normal training rink is not open until November. She trains in another rink in Mannheim but the ice times are not so good and really less. So the prepariton was not good. Hope she have a good season start!

Peter Liebers and Franz Streubel are the 2 men for Nebelhorn. Philip Tischendorf was injured again and Nebelhorn is too early for him.

In IceDance, I think, everyone know that the Beiers have retired and Hermanns changed to Berlin to Rene Lohse and will start the season later. Frohberg-Gießen will start their season with Finlandia. So Nelli and Alex are the only dance couple for Nebelhorn.

Pairs, mmh, Hausch-Wende will skate. The new pair Katharina Gierok and Florian Just will not skate Nebelhorn because of Katharinas injury.

Not a good season start for the German team with all the injurys!

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
I have a question in regards to Zhiganshina / Gazsi, for those who are closer to what is going on to the german skating.
Their results in Nebelhorn this week waqs more than impressive, having the highest TES in both dances and finishing 4th overall.
this team has slipped in the last 2 years in Germany and now they look poised to recature the german title. I thought they were trained by Zhulin, but now their bio says they train with Kustarova?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is tricky, as their bio on isu.org has not been updated for this year. However, last year their coach was Kustarova.

I do think that they did without a doubt, the best job of reading the new regulations on TES by any team so far, probably motivated by the fact that qualifications to compete at worlds are driven by TES.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Nelli and Alex will skate in Bratislava this weekend, hope they can skate like they did at Nebelhorn.
They trained in Russia, but since September 2009 they train in Oberstdorf!

They can win Nationals this year - no question - but we have to wait how Frohberg-Gießen will skate at Finlandia and what the Hermanns will do.

Sarah Hecken had to withdraw from Nebelhorn because of a back injury. She was really really sad about that and she hopes to be fit again to her first GP Event. Eventually you can write some nice words to her, at the moment she really needs it!
It´s only in German, but here you can write in her Guestbook:
http://www.sarah-hecken.com/index.php?id=190

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
This is tricky, as their bio on isu.org has not been updated for this year. However, last year their coach was Kustarova.

Not just this year. oddly enough, their last programs listed on their bio are the one for season 2007-08, like they retired...Who's responsibility is to communicate the updates anyway?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I often wondered. You'd think their coaches would be the ones==for one thing, when there is a problem with getting agreement from the copyright owners of music for a broadcast, the broadcaster of the competition needs to know. And the coaches and the skaters need to know if there is a problem as early as possible. (Consider the case of DomShabs OD at Olympics this year. They had to change the section that included music by Sheila Chandra because Chandra withheld her OK to broadcast.)