Plushenko loses eligibility | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Plushenko loses eligibility

gmyers

Record Breaker
Japan Open is on the ISU calender as an invitational - i guess he might have to be replaced or maybe not.

sorcerer

Final Flight
..... I hope something is lost in translation here...
The last translation from Japanese to English is perfect. :p Really, it is.
The translation from English to Japanese done by CTV is probably correct.
The first translation from Russian to English in Plush's head is ... well we'll never know.

..... Someone drunk a lot of sake.....
No, the interviewer was too cute and pretty.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
"My goal right now is of course to participate in the Sochi Olympics which will be held in my home country. And 5 or 6 years from now I would like to be challenging quad-quad combos. At this moment I am practicing 3A-quad combination."

"Skating is my everything, my whole life. I love figure skating. Of course I like shows but I also love competitive skating. Figure skating to me is how I live and how I work. That's why it's my everything."

ETA: The source is this; http://www.ctv.co.jp/straight/1008181155/figure.html

With all due respect, this guy's knees won't hold out that long for skating at that level. I'd definitely take the bet that he won't be in Sochi. Sometimes you just gotta know when to move on...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
With all due respect, this guy's knees won't hold out that long for skating at that level. I'd definitely take the bet that he won't be in Sochi. Sometimes you just gotta know when to move on...

who knows. If he dosen't skate competitvley for the next four years and takes it easy in the shows he could stand the knee pain long enough to pull out a decent SP at Sochi. Don't count him out just yet!

sorcerer

Final Flight
:confused:How is it mean?? He did not follow ISU rules and the consequence is that he is prevented from participating in any ISU activity. It is a pretty standard statement.
It's just that "any ISU activity" seems broader than "any ISU competition", sounded excessively punitive to me .....

i love to skate

Medalist
It's just that "any ISU activity" seems broader than "any ISU competition", sounded excessively punitive to me .....

It's not. The very words "ISU activities" are in the ISU rule book in regards to a skater being ineligible. Seniorita posted the ISU rules on the subject matter in this thread. So all in all, the statement and consequence are both fairly standard in regards to the rule Plushy broke. He isn't getting the short end of the stick or being treated unfairly.

sorcerer

Final Flight
I wonder what are the "ISU activities" other than ISU competitions...
I hope it doesn't mean everything sanctioned by the ISU.

Maybe "activities" is meant to include roles like being a judge, so forth other than competitions?

sorcerer

Final Flight
No I meant Plush drank a lot and began nonsense;)
Yeah I knew, Plushy gets mischievous not only when drunk but in front of pretty girls. :laugh:
At one of his recent shows in Japan when the last stage was through the skaters hugged each other backstage, and Plush put ice in his hands into Shizuka's back, inside her costume. :biggrin:

seniorita

Record Breaker
I think this is the first time Plushy comments on his ineligibility, he twitted that he arrived from Japan in Helsinki today and he saw on the news that he is 'forever'' banned and excluded from Olys and the whole thing magnifiedetc
... in Helsinki Airport
and learned "the news of the day"!I hope everything will be fine and my dream will come true, I will compete in Sochi!
I continue to train and prepare, they blown scandal out of nowhere, it's surprising that it's been picked up so fast, the sports press amazes.

and then made a phone declaration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmj6-bAWfnI
"If the International Skating Union wishes, to exclude me from skating this season, then perhaps they are right. Actually I was not going to compete this season, I want to relax, I want to prepare for future competitions. And probably the main dream and the most important competition - is home Olympics in Sochi in 2014."

stevlin

On the Ice
Plushenko does not follow rules. In a skating magazine a while back he was in Florida. He wanted to swim in the ocean. He was told the water was too rough by a lifeguard. No one was in the water but Evgeni brushed off the warning and went in to swim anyway. Later he told the interviewer of the magazine that he got beat up in the water, cut himself on rocks, came out of the water bleeding, his hands were so cut up. I just figure he is too arrogant and hates following rules or good advice. I will not miss his skating or whining at all.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I think this is the first time Plushy comments on his ineligibility, he twitted that he arrived from Japan in Helsinki today and he saw on the news that he is 'forever'' banned and excluded from Olys and the whole thing magnifiedetc
... in Helsinki Airport
and learned "the news of the day"!I hope everything will be fine and my dream will come true, I will compete in Sochi!
I continue to train and prepare, they blown scandal out of nowhere, it's surprising that it's been picked up so fast, the sports press amazes.

thanks for the translation, I tried to understand but my Russian is really too poor (and Google tranlator isn't better...)

BTW, I read somewhere in the forums (still when it all begins) that the rule (or the comma in the rule) by which plushenko was disqualified permitted also to gain elegibility back in the future, with proper burocracy...am I completely wrong or there was something like that?

^ As I understand the rules, it is all up to the Russian Federation. Plushenko was punished for participating in a show without the approval of his Federation. I belive that the Russian Federation can petition on Plushenko's behalf for reinstatement at any time.

i love to skate

Medalist
^ As I understand the rules, it is all up to the Russian Federation. Plushenko was punished for participating in a show without the approval of his Federation. I belive that the Russian Federation can petition on Plushenko's behalf for reinstatement at any time.

I thought he was punished because he performed in the shows during the time period that he was supposed to be recovering due to injury....??:confused:

^ I am pretty sure the wording was that he withdrew from worlds and performed in a show "without the permission of his federation."